26 Aug 2012
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

Sound Shapes: Community Challenge

[ Edited ]
29 Replies 1,102 Views edited 26-08-2012

SoundShapesBanner.png

Hello creation entrepreneurs and audiophiles,

If like me, you've been having a ball with Soundshapes recently, it might have also dawned on you that the Editor mode is surprisingly robust. Now, my musical talents boil down to yawns, burps & mumbles. However, I can make pictures - though they're not very good either. Still, not one to be beaten, I've conjured up a level and upon doing so, had a revelation of sorts...

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm rather proud to announce the Sound Shapes Community Challenge! The premise is simple, I set a theme every other Sunday and it's up to you to try and make something that captures the essence of the theme! See, simples!

As I mentioned before, I'll be joining in too. In fact, I'll be publishing a level based on the theme just as I make each fortnightly announcement on the forum so you can check it out, lol heartidly at its rubbishness and make something leagues better within minutes!

Heck, if there's a particularly brilliant creation, I'll see if I can rummage up a little treat for you. How does that sound eh?

Thanks,

Bear

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 30 (1,102 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Sound Shapes: Community Challenge

[ Edited ]

This weeks theme is.....

*drum roll*

METAL GEAR SOLID

So, as promised, I've uploaded a level for you to check out & hopefully inspire you enough to make your own. Simply boot up Sound Shapes and search for: MGS: Soliton Radar

After that, get creating! You've got from today until Sunday 9th September. Once you're happy, publish the level and let us know its name by posting in this thread so everyone else can check it out! Simples!

Thanks,

Bear!

EDIT: It seems my level doesn't look particularly grand on the Vita. Though, if you try it on PS3 it should look...lovely :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30 (1,101 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Good news folks,

I've updated the level to fix the art issues. Also, I've compiled a few screenshots so you can see it here too! How nice am I eh? :smileyvery-happy:

MGSSolitonRadar.jpeg

You play as Solid Blob, and you need to navigate the dock area using...stealth! Hug the walls, avoid the enemies and collect all the rations - in record time :smileytongue:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30 (929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Here is the link of the level if everyone want to queue this :

http://www.soundshapesgame.com/fr/level/WdCRTwfc

Message 4 of 30 (852 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

When I have played the game and unlocked more stuff I shall make a level :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 30 (829 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Nice one! I was thinking that Sound Shapes had died a death because there's been hardly any chat on here (unless I missed it :Confused:)

I'll have a go at this - like the idea of themes!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30 (823 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Have a search around the forum as a whole to look for Sound Shapes discussion, it's a werid one to pigeon hole. It;s a Vita game, so you can discuss it in here, but it's also a PS3 game. And the game is downloadable too, so there will be threads in Store Games.
yaster's Streambadge
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 30 (784 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Yaster wrote:
Have a search around the forum as a whole to look for Sound Shapes discussion, it's a werid one to pigeon hole. It;s a Vita game, so you can discuss it in here, but it's also a PS3 game. And the game is downloadable too, so there will be threads in Store Games.

lol that's gotta be annoying for you lot to categorise. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30 (779 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

MissSouthampton wrote:

When I have played the game and unlocked more stuff I shall make a level :smileyvery-happy:

I used the same approach, though only for one thing. The large horizontal lines. They make the level look all radar-like :smileyvery-happy:

rank__bajin wrote:

Nice one! I was thinking that Sound Shapes had died a death because there's been hardly any chat on here (unless I missed it :Confused:)

I'll have a go at this - like the idea of themes!

I'll be setting quite ambitious themes hopefully. We'll see how this one goes first, but with a fistful of luck, we could get a library of amazing themed levels in no time :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 30 (645 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I'm trying to build a level but i'm having problems with the level design.

I've tried to do with setting the music & beat down 1st which i have done ok with i think, but strugging with building the level around the tune.

I'm not even gonna atempt a metal gear type level as i think it will turn out a complete shambles.

Also i've found building my levels on the ps3 so much easier then building them on the vita.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 30 (634 Views)
0 Kudos