16 Apr 2013
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

TOM Blitz: Better yourself thread

[ Edited ]
203 Replies 2,984 Views edited 16-04-2013

tom_blitz_logo1.jpg

We all know that a bit of healthy competition can be good and it seems to be the case even moreso with TOM Blitz and their ingame leaderboard.

TOM Blitz is a free game on the Playstation Store (not got it? Get it here.) and all you need to do is match 3 or more gems as quickly as possible whilst tactically choosing "power ups" to add extra time to the counter or increase crystal counts. 

Sounds simple enough but it is very addicting and competitive as each week there is a tournament which takes your score and those on your friends list and adds them to a leaderboard ingame. Come Sunday night the tournament ends and depending where you placed you get some free gems to play with :smileyvery-happy: Not to mention an overall ranking. 

Did you run out of gems? Not to worry, there is a daily scratchcard which earns you anything from 1,000 to 100,000 gems thanks to the recent update that bumps up the prize amount. Not only that but the more people on your friends list who play it the more chance you have of getting some gems from them via the near application. If you really feel the urge, you can purchase them from the in game store.

So back to why I set this thread up in the first place lol 

I set this thread up to share tips and share some healthy competition, you can even add other PSN users who play TOM Blitz and get posting some screenshots of you kicking their booty on the leaderboard :smileyvery-happy:

Currently I am 3rd on my leaderboard, below two OPC members, LordRoss and SteveTigerSix, I have to say I have improved a lot with a desire to try and knock them further down the leaderboard :smileyvery-happy:

BH7H3h4CcAAZDpm.jpg

So like I said, it is a free game so really you have no excuse :smileyvery-happy: Lets get beating each other :smileyvery-happy:

But wait........lets get this shindig even more competitive...

Post a screenshot in this thread of your weekly scores (to take a screenshot on your vita press the start and Playstation button at the same time) and I shall throw  them into a super duper forum leaderboard and post it on the forums every Monday, so don't forget to post your latest score for the week, lets see who is the best at TOM Blitz :smileyvery-happy: 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 204 (2,984 Views)
Playstation Staff

Re: TOM Blitz: Better yourself thread

[ Edited ]

That's not Lordross' score, it his better halfs!

Great thread, I'll be interested to see what Totems and boosts you guys are using!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 204 (2,930 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Not even close, I'm around 1,5 million with my max score, but I'll post anyway to get someone to carry the red lantern...

Helpdesk: NL 020 709 5025 BE 02 588 42 40 ma t/m vr 9-20 za 10-16.00.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 204 (2,869 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

the best power ups (when all slots are unlocked), added crystals, extra crystal score, added frenzy time bonus.. for totems use violet and orange..and see yourself scoring around 9 digits or more.. one more tip, keep tapping the "?" and see available moves, no minus scores for doing such.. just be sure your eye is quick.. and make use of the gravity function, it helps a lot for getting more combos.. im always somewhere top 100.. see ya at the leaderboards.. ^_^
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 204 (2,845 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Oh god, I am now scared lol

What's the gravity function?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 204 (2,843 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

gravity function works when you tlt the vita to chose which way the blitz fall after every move.. it really helps with combos reaching upto 50 or more.. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 204 (2,841 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the heads up TP, downloading now. Wasn't this game around the £3 mark before the weekend ?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 204 (2,831 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

No, it has always been free :smileysurprised:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 204 (2,829 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

This is my best score to date so far:

Never heard of gravity function, perhaps I should tell the Mrs to use it :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 204 (2,829 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

This is mine :smileyvery-happy:

BCAaeU2CAAEJDeJ.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 204 (2,824 Views)