16 Jul 2012

Playstation Staff

The future of PS Vita?!

13 Replies 1,783 Views Created 16-07-2012

Next month im buying PS VIta. Ita an awesome piece of harware but the software support so far looks kinda weak. Im afraid if i purchase i might end with a dead system without support.

What do you think...When can we see some improvment over software releases.
If Sony showed up few new games on E3 2012 and if they talked few words about the system i woudnt have been this much sceptical. But the gave me impresion like they dont care of their own products...How bad is that for them!!!

I love Sony and im buying Vita for sure but the ammount of attention they're giving ia not tolerable

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (1,783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

If your worried about owning a dead system, dont get it. Wait until titles are out that you want, knowing that the system is supported, at which point it will be cheaper.

The Vita has had the strongest lineup at launch of any console to date, with more games coming in the near future (LittleBigPlanet, Assassins Creed 3 Liberation, Call of Duty Black Ops, PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale just to name a few). The systems not being left out to dry by Sony, it just takes time to get releases out there, and companies to back the system.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (1,780 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I think it is a great bit of kit with some excellent, reasonably priced software.

But if you are worried, wait.

pmf (disgaea has me)
 photo pmfbik-2.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (1,741 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

next month is august, LITTLEBIGPLANET VITA has a release date of (at the moment) JULY to SEPTEMBER, ASSASINS CREED III LIBERATION is out OCTOBER, BLACK OPS for VITA is out at the end of the year, so getting it in august would move you close to the release of some great games that will hopefully push the psvita forwards

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (1,734 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Yet more posts claiming the Vita has no software support. Are people doing this on purpose now?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (1,700 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I got the Wifi Vita last week, its amazing handheld console.

I got Fifa, Rayman & wipeout 2048 aswell as various accessories.

Looking forward to future games such as little big planet, cod and assassins creed.

Get it asap : )

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (1,689 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Its not the games to be honest but instead lack of attention that is given.
Even Sony showed some indifference. There is no hype. No one is talking. There are no reviews. You're opening Gaming site there are no news No previews.
The system like Does NOT Exist!!!
If there are news like
- Yeah we are porting PS2 remasters on PS Vita in 2013
- Yeah Final Fantasy Type-0 is coming on Vita in 2013
- Yeah we are making a brand new IP for this console instead of porting spin offs and re-relases in 2013

then i'll be much interested into this device...
I bet Sony havent made a single deal with third party publishers before 2011. Companies should have worked on Vita titles long time ago...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (1,677 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Then you are looking at the wrong sites.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (1,671 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I have to admit sony didnt show much at e3 vita related but they put it down due to cutting the time of the presentation and said there were many vita games on the show floor such as little big planet, soul sacrifice, sound shapes etc. PsOne classics will be availible soon on the vita and many new games are probably in development.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (1,640 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Honestly. Don't get one.

Last thing this forum needs is bleating and supposition about what sony is/ should be doing and how you can do it better.

Buy a DS or read a book.

pmf ( gets back in his box)

photo pmfbik-2.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (1,634 Views)
0 Kudos