15 May 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Uncharted: Golden Abyss DLC.

5 Replies 550 Views Created 15-05-2012

Hey guys,

I bought Uncharted from overseas and bought the Tresure Map DLC from PSN. It downloads, but it dosn't install. Is DLC region locked or something, any ideas to fix? Help is very much appreciated.

"Redeem yourself. Or, if you prefer, avenge yourself. Settle your dispute with Kain. Destroy him and your brethren. Free their souls, and let the wheel of fate churn again. Use your hatred to reave their souls. I can make it possible. Become my "soul reaver"- my angel of death." - Elder God, Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Uncharted: Golden Abyss DLC.

Games are region free but the DLC is not. You should have bought the map from the region you bought the game from.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (543 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

So from the Chinese PSN? But how? O.o

"Redeem yourself. Or, if you prefer, avenge yourself. Settle your dispute with Kain. Destroy him and your brethren. Free their souls, and let the wheel of fate churn again. Use your hatred to reave their souls. I can make it possible. Become my "soul reaver"- my angel of death." - Elder God, Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (541 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

making accounts for regions u dont reside in is against sonys terms

talking about it here is against house rules

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (520 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

XeNo_UnKnowN wrote:

So from the Chinese PSN? But how? O.o

It's not as simple as that. If you bought it in Hong Kong for example you could make a Hong Kong PSN account but to buy it you would need an HK registered bank or credit card or HK PSN points card. That said even if you did if your main account is a UK one for example the DLC won't work on there. Unfortunately switching accounts whilst possible is a lot of hassle especially if done frequently.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (496 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well, that's lame. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (454 Views)
0 Kudos