PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

07 May 2012
By: Yaster Community Moderator 17680 Posts

Using the Vitas Browser While In-game

[ Edited ]
4 Replies 489 Views edited 07-05-2012

This is a little something I discovered while on holiday and have only just remembered now.  Tried to search for it on the forum and I don't think it has been posted yet so as far as I know, it's a Yaster original.

You cannot open the Vita browser without quitting whatever game you are currently running.

This is a bit of a bummer if you are stuck in a game or you are trying to find out what code you have to input for whatever MK stage fatality you are trying to do and you want to check online.  Obviously you can use a PC or a smartphone but these are not always to hand.

• What you need is to download LiveTweet from the PS Store
  • Have a Twitter account set up on it
  • Be following an account that regularly posts links

Then, the next time you are playing a game and suddenly want to use the browser:

• Press the PlayStation button to come out of the game ("pausing" it in the meantime)
  • Open up LiveTweet
  • Viewing your feed, find a link that someone has posted and select it
  • The browser will then open without asking you to quit your game

You can then navigate away from the link you have opened and find what it is you're looking for.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (489 Views)
Level 13

Re: Using the Vitas Browser While In-game

For example, the link of yours that brought me here :smileytongue:

The fact it works anyway makes me wonder what the point of it closing is?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (469 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

stick with my phone does a better job.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (403 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

Yaster wrote:

This is a little something I discovered while on holiday and have only just remembered now.  Tried to search for it on the forum and I don't think it has been posted yet so as far as I know, it's a Yaster original.

You cannot open the Vita browser without quitting whatever game you are currently running.

This is a bit of a bummer if you are stuck in a game or you are trying to find out what code you have to input for whatever MK stage fatality you are trying to do and you want to check online.  Obviously you can use a PC or a smartphone but these are not always to hand.

• What you need is to download LiveTweet from the PS Store
  • Have a Twitter account set up on it
  • Be following an account that regularly posts links

Then, the next time you are playing a game and suddenly want to use the browser:

• Press the PlayStation button to come out of the game ("pausing" it in the meantime)
  • Open up LiveTweet
  • Viewing your feed, find a link that someone has posted and select it
  • The browser will then open without asking you to quit your game

You can then navigate away from the link you have opened and find what it is you're looking for.

Steal my limelight

How very dare you!

Original Post

It's deffo Codey original!

Playstation Revamped

Jesus Teabagged Me
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (392 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

You were both very late with this....

I saw this guy post this method a couple of days after UK release - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtJnTR553OI

I doubt he discovered it since I think I read it on a forum before UK release but can;t find that now.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (380 Views)
0 Kudos