19 Aug 2012
Playstation Staff

Valkyria Chronicles 2 on Vita.

9 Replies 5,196 Views Created 19-08-2012

I purchased Valkyria Chronicles 2 in North America for $22.49, the DLC+game bundle, in the Media Go program. I was going to try transferring the game from a friend's PS3, but long-story-short he wouldn't let me do it because he thought that 800mb would fill up his 158gb of free data or something; he gave a lame excuse to keep from paying me back a favor that he owed me, so I'm not talking any further about it with him. :smileyindifferent:

I downloaded Valkyria Chronicles 2 to my PC, tried swapping the application folder location with the Content Manager Assistant to the location of the Media Go files and it wouldn't read them. I expected that to happen, but I wanted to give it a try because I'm getting bored of my Vita lately. Looks like that won't change any time soon, since I don't have a PS3 and am not planning on ever getting one.

VC2 works on the Vita, I don't see why Sega doesn't want Vita gamers who don't own a PS3 to play their title. I'm having trouble communicating how frustrating this is, I hope you guys understand. I paid $90 for a 32gb Vita memory card and don't even use the 3G feature of my Vita, and yet this is the first time I've been hit with disappointment regarding my Vita. I normally don't purchase games until they're $10 or less because of how little money I have for entertainment, but I splurged on VC2 and it didn't pay off at all. How the heck can I put VC2 on my Vita without a PS3? When will VC2 be directly downloadable to the Vita?

One last thing, I own quite a few physical copies of PSP games but my PSP's broken, I'd be willing to rebuy Peace Walker the second it goes on sale if I could download it to my Vita... but that's another PS3-transfer-only game. Why? Why does it have to be so frustrating to loyal fans like me?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (5,196 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Valkyria Chronicles 2 on Vita.

ummm...... i dont know :smileyvery-happy:
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
BannerFans.com
Follow @Daddyhughes111
<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs');</script>

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (5,169 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

It does seem a little off. There is no obvious explanation for it.

Nor for your friend's behaviour. Is he afraid that if you log on to his machine you will somehow use up one of his activations? I see no cause for concern on his part at all. If anything, it is you who is at risk in this transaction, in case you forget to wipe your password from his machine...

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (5,166 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Facelaud wrote:

I purchased Valkyria Chronicles 2 in North America for $22.49, the DLC+game bundle, in the Media Go program. I was going to try transferring the game from a friend's PS3, but long-story-short he wouldn't let me do it because he thought that 800mb would fill up his 158gb of free data or something; he gave a lame excuse to keep from paying me back a favor that he owed me, so I'm not talking any further about it with him. :smileyindifferent:

I downloaded Valkyria Chronicles 2 to my PC, tried swapping the application folder location with the Content Manager Assistant to the location of the Media Go files and it wouldn't read them. I expected that to happen, but I wanted to give it a try because I'm getting bored of my Vita lately. Looks like that won't change any time soon, since I don't have a PS3 and am not planning on ever getting one.

VC2 works on the Vita, I don't see why Sega doesn't want Vita gamers who don't own a PS3 to play their title. I'm having trouble communicating how frustrating this is, I hope you guys understand. I paid $90 for a 32gb Vita memory card and don't even use the 3G feature of my Vita, and yet this is the first time I've been hit with disappointment regarding my Vita. I normally don't purchase games until they're $10 or less because of how little money I have for entertainment, but I splurged on VC2 and it didn't pay off at all. How the heck can I put VC2 on my Vita without a PS3? When will VC2 be directly downloadable to the Vita?

One last thing, I own quite a few physical copies of PSP games but my PSP's broken, I'd be willing to rebuy Peace Walker the second it goes on sale if I could download it to my Vita... but that's another PS3-transfer-only game. Why? Why does it have to be so frustrating to loyal fans like me?

As long as your vita has direct connection to psn it should download direct to your vita.

I would use a proper connection though not 3g.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (5,158 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Facelaud wrote:

Are you using a US Account on your Vita? If not you can't transfer it it anyway.

Other than that, there is no solution for PC->Vita media go transfers and there probabaly will never be due to security issues. Best you can do now is wait until you've got a PS3 or VC2 is released properly on the Vita store.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (5,152 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

RotorHed, yes, I'm using a USA account. I thought I made it clear in my post that I'm not interested in getting a PS3, I'd only really benefit from it as a Vita game-transfer device. I only play on handhelds. :v

MuttyKins, no, it doesn't work as a direct download in my downloads list.

QuietlyWrong, I understand the issue and explained it to him myself, he's stubborn and less intelligent than I had hoped. Just not dealing with him anymore regarding this matter, very unfortunate.

Would contacting anyone besides Sega help? I think I'm going to send their support team a direct message about getting VC2 on PSN for Vita, but if anyone can throw me a good Sony support email or webpage I'd appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (5,135 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

These are the contact details for Sony customer services in SCEE territories...

I wouldn't expect them to say much more than that VC2 isn't yet supported on Vita, hence it not appearing on the Vita store.

And then there's the issue of the unsupported practice of 'importing' PSN games. But this issue also affects EU Vita owners who own the EU PSP VC2 (like me - but I do also have a PS3 and a selection of PSPs).

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (5,127 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I don't live in Europe; kinda makes me wonder why I'm on the European forums and why Sony's North American team doesn't do as well as the European one in nearly everything like sales, supported games and promotions. Oh well, anyways, gotta email Sega and Sony people to try to get them to fix their crap. I paid way more money on Valkyria than I normally do for games even though its story and characters are as unappealing as they get, I just wanted good gameplay and a nice, addictive timesink similar to Advance Wars. I spent the money, felt regret when I thought about the characters again, and now I can't even play the game. :/

If the game's playable after a transfer, I just don't see why I can't download it straight to my Vita. It feels like a slap to the face just because I don't own and never plan on owning a PS3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (5,105 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Well, stupid question, but does it say in the item description "Compatible with PSP and PSVita"? Im on the UK store now, and it only states "Compatible with PSP ONLY"... (im aware different region stores have different games and descriptions). now, there are some games that even though state PSP only will work on the Vita, but if it states PSP only, theres not much you can do, as it doesnt say compatible with the Vita anyway, so the fact you cant download direct for the Vita (even though it "unofficially" works) doesnt matter, it technically isnt classed as compatible, so spending the money on it was your decision based on the info.

If it says in the description "PSP and Vita", then you have a leg to stand on, and if it is on the Vita store, but cant download, you also have a leg to stand on (i did this with 1 game, messaged the moderators, who passed it on to the Store Team, and within 2 days it was available for download) but if it doesnt appear on the Vita store (Vita / PS3 / MediaGo all display different store items based on what is compatible for download), then you cant really do much, as the items on the Vita store are what are compatible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1
PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (5,076 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Facelaud wrote:

I don't live in Europe; kinda makes me wonder why I'm on the European forums and why Sony's North American team doesn't do as well as the European one in nearly everything like sales, supported games and promotions. 

Oh, hi, welcome to Europe. :smileyhappy:

Most people here think North America get far more content and far better prices than SCEE, so best to keep your complaints quiet round here. The grass, truly, is always greener on the other side.

On the other hand, I've heard rumours about the US forums...

Here are your contact options. In case you haven't already found them by now.

Don't suppose you have any options to borrow or rent a PS3 for a weekend?

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (5,056 Views)
0 Kudos