PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

10 Jun 2012
By: Terramax01 Member 268 Posts
Level 4

Vita Home Button Flashing Blue Query

6 Replies 880 Views Created 10-06-2012

So I got this problem and it was easily solved after looking up the following thread:

http://www.psu.com/a014633/PS-Vita-troubleshooting-tips-1---Blue-flashing-light-of-death?page=2

However, I just want to ask how common this is? I've owned the Vita for 24 hours and it's already done this once. Does it happen often? Has it happened to many others out there?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (880 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: Vita Home Button Flashing Blue Query

[ Edited ]

I've only had it once while playing God of War Chains of Olympus and owned the vita a couple of weeks after launch

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (867 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

It only happened 1 or 2 weeks to me. From that I've never had blue light of death anymore.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (851 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

It depends what you leave it doing.

If you close games before putting your Vita on standby it seems fine.

However I left my Vita in standby after playing Modnation Racers and it had locked up the next day when I tried to bring it back out of standby.

I believe it may also happen if I leave it in TOM Blitz now since the last update.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (847 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Alex, that would explain it. I didn't know how to properly close game when pressing out of them with the home button. At least, I assume the way you properly end games is by ripping the page off on the screen after you press the home button?

Thanks everyone for assuring me it's not an atypical problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (839 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

It doesn't forgive the fact that when in standby NOTHING should lockup.

Fortunately though most games load quick enough that its not too much of a trauma having to quit them.

I never had my PSP lockup in standby, I don't see why the Vita should be less stable.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (836 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Never had this problem. Ever. I've left Uncharted in stand by for more than ten hours but it still worked perfectly.
PS Vita owner since 1st April.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (810 Views)
0 Kudos