07 Mar 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Vita problems

26 Replies 3,484 Views Created 07-03-2012

Ok I bought my vita online and I got it two maybe three days after release. I've had no problems with it till now. I was playing it earlier today when all a sudden the screen turned black and unresponsive let it die or go to the low battery point were it just shuts down and then I plugged it up to charge and a little while later it turned on on its own with the screen still blacked out. No buttons work not the volume or even the ps button (which is blue and that's how I know its on.) I have no clue what happened and I wish I did. But as I said I was just playing it when the screen blacked out the sound went out but the ps button was still blue. What should I do?

(^.^)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27 (3,484 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Vita problems

Also another thing I noticed is the wifi was not working for the last four days no matter what I did it could never connect were as every other wifi enabled device could.

(^.^)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27 (3,483 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

have you tried to hold down the "on" button for approx 30 seconds? My unit has frozen a couple times (the blue light continually flashes and nothing seems to work), but holding down the power on button for about 30 seconds works.

As to the wifi... try and restart the router - maybe a couple devices are using the same address and are clashing?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27 (3,474 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I reset the router twice before the current problem and now i tried the power button thing to but that doesnt even work im just gonna take it to get looked at in the morning i was gonna today but no time. im gonna see what i can do on my own for the night but any guess as to the problem helps and thanks for the idea lol i just panniced and didnt think of it lol

(^.^)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27 (3,456 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

If holding the power button for 20-30 seconds hasn't reset the PS Vita then you can try entering the safe mode.

Make sure the power cord is plugged in and hold the power button down for 30-60 seconds.

If you get the safe mode screen up try just restarting the system.

If that doesn't help give your local PlayStation support centre a call and we can troubleshoot the issue over the phone with you :smileyhappy:

Phone (Australia Support) : 1300 365 911

Phone (New Zealand Support) : 09 415 2447

Photobucket

Force no friend
Fear no foe
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27 (3,452 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i take that back it worked this time. thanks ill remember this lol

(^.^)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27 (3,450 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I've noticed something funny with mine since yesterday...
I put it into sleep mode & then at random times, i notice the blue PS light come on, stay on for around 1 minute then flash for a second or two, & then back off. Rinse & repeat.
Does anybody else have the same issue or know why it would be doing this?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27 (3,431 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Are you online or offline?

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/user/2120-sony/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27 (3,426 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Offline i thought, but if my wi-fi is still on, you're saying that could be the cause?
Thanks! that just may be the reason I'm thinking now. I'll make sure it's off when not in use & hopefully I see a difference.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27 (3,412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Apparently that isn't the cause either. I turned wi-fi off completely & it's still happening.

Is there something wrong with it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27 (3,404 Views)
0 Kudos