20 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

Warrior's Lair (Ruin) CANCELLED !!!! (no it's not)

20 Replies 3,892 Views Created 20-03-2012

So, no doubt this rumour will find its way around the internet and land here later.

Some guy claiming to be a concept artist on Warrior's Lair made a post in aother forum that the game was cancelled.

Quick as a shot a "games journalism" (or blog as it should more accurately be called) site picked up the news and posted it so the gullible would be enticed into clicking.

Turns out the original poster is.... well an idiot I suppose.... Here's what he posted later :

Yah, again. Sorry guys, the post I made earlier about Warrior's lair was based on a vague post that one of my Idol Minds friends made on facebook. I extrapolated waaaay too much based on it and now feel stupid. I honestly don't know anything about the fate of the game. 

The lesson: Don't get drunk and post s*** you only guessed at on the interwebs.

Flame away.

So uh, well hopefully this post kills that rumour. Of course, it may just be they've cancelled Warrior's Lair and they're going to release GTA Vice City Nights instead heh.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21 (3,892 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Warrior's Lair (Ruin) CANCELLED !!!! (no it's not)

The Internet has been bad for people starting unfounded rumours and they all the gaming sites picking them up in a millisecond.  But to me it seems to be getting worse.

The Vice City Nights rumour literally took only a few minutes to get posted to every gaming site I could find, when it was only based on a fake screengrab posted on a single site.  Its just pathetic.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21 (3,887 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

You scared me there for a second. LOL. Warrior's Lair is one of my two most anticipated games on the Vita.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21 (3,859 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

well it might not be cancelled but its not being finished by Idol Minds...Idol laid off more than half of it's staff last Friday....rumor says Sony might bring WL internal, or they might shop it to someone to pay off the hefty sum they gave Idol for not delivering.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21 (3,678 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The post I put in my first entry was from a disgruntled former Idol Minds employee who initially claimed it was cancelled but latered retracted...

Rotor.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21 (3,649 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

they laid off more than 50% of staff last friday...not a rumor...i can put you in contact with any number of the ones that were laid off.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21 (3,638 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Well I didn't see that news go past but of course that doesn't mean it didn't happen - thought that would be something the gaming press cared about....

I don't really see why that is relevant though - BigBig were closed before Little Deviants was released and there are other examples of games releasing as the developer folds.

What is it you want to say? - are you claiming WL is cancelled? If so, then post the evidence, otherwise why the veiled comments?

Rotor.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21 (3,609 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

The only way games from folded developers will see the light of day is if some one buys the rights cheap and hopes to make a proffit from selling it.

TBH never heard of the game in question.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21 (3,601 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

TBH never heard of the game in question.

Warrior's Lair : http://www.giantbomb.com/warriors-lair/61-35560/

TBH I'm not all that interested in the game subject matter, but the concept may be interesting.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21 (3,591 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Other than posting here once Sony announces it officially, how else can I convince you?

Idol laid off >50% of its staff...Sony has the choice to bring it internal apparently and Idol has the choice to find someone with 2 million to buy it off Sony. Sony owns the IP, Idol owns the tech, but has to give it to Sony if Sony wants to finish it.

As of today the title is dead. Period. I'm not hiding anything, I'm just telling you what the laid off and still emplyed are telling me.

The title was originally a launch title, but went long, and was going longer...Sony said "enough" is what I gather...whether Sony imposed schedules that couldnt be met or Idol just dropped the ball...doesnt matter...the title is in limbo at a minimum.

If you think i'm hiding something or giving veiled messages...ask me outright what you want to know

edit to say "all work on it has stopped"...thats pretty close to cancelled

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21 (3,574 Views)
0 Kudos