PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

Level 3

Re: Way to backup just Vita save game files?

acolyte9 schreef:

why is it taking you guys so long? just transfer the game over, don't need to back it up.

Because that's how long it takes to backup 6+ gigs of data via USB. That's exactly the issue: no way to backup just the save games.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (6,314 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

If you only have retail-versions and only save files on the memory card it may be very quick but i have several full versions on my card and it took me an hour to backup the whole system. Another hour to restore it (to another card). Just backing up saves would be sweet... Preferably to the plus-cloud... However it might have to do with all the notifications you get for games and also near-items. Maybe it is not as easily seperated as one might like.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (6,311 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

It's a pain especially as my confidence in the system's stability has been rocked so soon. I'm sure it was a random corruption and won't happen to me again, at least for a while, but it's made me want to back it up regularly as I had quite a few Elite Passes on Wipeout that I may not have bothered to do again.

I've bought all my vita games on card however I have a few psp games and downloadable ones (i.e. Super Stardust) and as TehPhilosopher says it takes a while to backup 6GB+ of data, which is pretty easy to reach on the vita with the size of downloadable titles!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (6,285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Unfortunately it's the same for me as confidence in the system goes. I lost all trophies for Uncharted while all other games synced their progress to PSN as is supposed to. Also I lost most of my activity-logs for no apparent reason. I can see my friends activities for about a week back but my own activities have mostly vanished. Games I have achieved several trophies or even 100% as in Welcome Park days ago, show now that I played them for the first time yesterday. I think that first of all the activities get not backed up correctly and moreover are probably deleted from the server under whatever circumstances. As far as I am concerned I'd rather not have features that don't work anyway. I most certainly would want some more control over things i back up...
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (6,273 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

What seems dumb here is that you can't just keep the game saves seperate from the game itself. I'm quite a prolific gamer, so I swap out games all the time. It seems like if I want to retain, say, my BlazBlue save, I'll need to back up 3.5 Gigs of data FOREVER. I mean, its bad enough now, but imagine two years time, with gigs and gigs of data being kept for the sake of a 2 Mb save file. 

It seems like we're being totally discouraged from using the PSN store, if we can't save our progress easily.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (6,156 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

The problem as some of you said, is that you have to back-up every game, video and pictures just to get the save data from the retail games to a new memory card.
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

if im not mistaken you can backup only the save data of psp/other games, but for the ps vita theres no such option. Can this mean its not possible to only backup save data? :Confused: Why would they keep such an option only for the psp games then :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (4,874 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Maybe sony is trying to stop trophy cheaters.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (4,860 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Could well be to prevent cheating as far as trophies are concerned, but couldn't they just lock save data to accounts? Either way, this is ridiculous. and I hate it. But the PS Vita has a lot of issues that need to be looked at such as the disconnection from PSN when it automatically turns the screen off and checking messages from friends....
Raptr Forum Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (4,607 Views)
0 Kudos

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (4,462 Views)
0 Kudos