PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

27 Feb 2012
By: Rivers-of-Sand Member 85 Posts
Level 3

Way to backup just Vita save game files?

19 Replies 19635 Views Created 27-02-2012

Is there a way to backup just the savegame file rather than all the content on the vita? I notice in content manager you can transfer psp gave save data, but I couldn't see a way to transfer the Vita game save data other than via the backup tab.

I lost my Wipeout save due to it corrupting on friday (posted the link to that issue below) and it meant I lost all the progress I'd made. But it's going to be a pain backing up my entire system consistantly rather than just a few small save game files.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Wipeout-Save-Data-Corrupted-C1-11843-7/m-p/152...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (19,635 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: Way to backup just Vita save game files?

You back up the game save buy backing up the game itself!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (19,633 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

So there's no way to do just the savefile. That is a shame.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (19,632 Views)
Level 3

I posed a related question, and this is something Sony must address quickly in a future firmware update.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (19,629 Views)
0 Kudos

Rivers-of-Sand calls this a shame. I call it absolutely damn unacceptable.

So if I just want to back my save up, I have to back up the ENTIRE batch of data for the game? The PS3 and PSP have a perfect save backup system, where the saves are separate from everything else -- the way save games have been programmed for years.

This system? This lack of being able to back up ONLY save files? Yeah, because of this, I'm not buying a Vita. I'm not even going to consider it until this problem is fixed. And yes, it IS a problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (19,575 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

It's not really a hardship is it? On older systems, you didnt even have the choice to back-up. I'm sure Sony will sort it eventually, but its easy enough to back up the whole system. It's not like you back the thing up by throwing wads of twenty pound notes into a fire, it's just an extra forty seconds of time to back up the whole system compared to going through and individually selecting the items you want to back-up (which I'm reasonably sure you'll moan about doing it that way too once it's implemented). Theres much better reasons not to buy the vita. Stop throwing your rattle out of the pram!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (19,563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

It took me 34mins to back up the whole system last night actually. Compare that with how long it would just take to back up my save game files which must be in the kbs/mbs. I've already had one corruption of data and so I may be a bit paranoid but doing that every night/few nights will be a pain.

I'd actually consider ps+ if I could cloud backup my saves from the vita.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (19,557 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Rivers-of-Sand schreef:

I'd actually consider ps+ if I could cloud backup my saves from the vita.

Don't give Sony any ideas. Backing up saved games must be a feature in an upcoming firmware.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (19,543 Views)
0 Kudos

why is it taking you guys so long? just transfer the game over, don't need to back it up.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (19,459 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

My last backup was over 5GB!! Think I had a load of demos on though haha.

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (19,444 Views)
0 Kudos