19 Jul 2012
Playstation Staff

What do you want to have as cross play/save for the Vita?

3 Replies 185 Views Created 19-07-2012

Meaning that you can continue a game you are playing on the PS3 on your Vita by transferring over the save file.

name

Hi all,

I know there is a lack of cross play/save games out there for the Vita/PS3 perhaps you can come up with some ideas?

name

Here is mine: I would love to see any if not all the Final Fantasy games remade for this.

name

PS Vita Games

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: What do you want to have as cross play/save for the Vita?

i sure would like to see the PS2 HD Remakes become vita playable and for cross save

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Well I do remeber hearing that Final Fantasy X is being remastered in HD (not remade)  for both consoles, but I was unsure if it was going to be cross play/save game or not (it is in progress).

PS Vita Games

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (175 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Definately FFX, as levelling up would be a great mobile time killer... but there are times where I'm sure I'd prefer the full PS3 experience... (the pre-rendered Blitzball cutscenes etc.. gulp..)

The question will be, even if the saves co-operate in crossplay... will the trophies cross-over?... Not that it is a game I'd probably ever plat depending on the trophies, I would hate to lose out on a Gold trophy for defeating Nemesis because I had switched formats...

The only full retail type game to date which really uses cross play is the MGS HD Collection.... and to be fair, people have reported pretty mixed results for trophy unlocking once switching consoles.. Motorstorm RC seems to do it well, but will we ever see the full retail disc experience crossplay?... both saves and trophies...

As for the other FF games... I just don't see it ever happening... the easy money (and I assume development process) is in PS2 HD remasters, because... well... the aren't really true remake... some of them haven't even had much of a 'HD' touchup at all, and are simply PC ports with trophies patched in..

But... I wouldn't rule out FFX-2 and FFXII.... but given the time FFX is taking, the continued delay of FFXIV and rumours that FF Versus XIII has been canned... I'm not optimistic there will be any more PS2 remasters soon... I honestly don't think the FF brand really knows where to go from here...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (159 Views)
0 Kudos