PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

27 Feb 2012
By: Grim_Tim_ Member 309 Posts
Level 3

What is an acceptable PS Vita price drop?

28 Replies 1002 Views Created 27-02-2012

The Vita is a great machine and i love mine but i cannot see the current price levels being maintained, especially as we closer to the end of the year.

With that in mind and seeing what price drops did for the 3DS, what would you see as acceptable price cuts?

If you've already bought a machine, do you think you should have some  payback from Sony like Nintendo did for it's users?

I think that the Wi-Fi at £149.99 and the 3G at £199.99 would make these fly off the shelf for Christmas and Sony should still make a profit per unit sold but what do you think?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (1,002 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: What is an acceptable PS Vita price drop?

The year has only just started

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (1,000 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Has the price cut had any positive effect on 3DS sales in the UK? IT's selling OK but not setting the world on fire and that's with Mario x 3.

Japan is different and sales of it there are good, but Japan got MonHun. Perhaps the price was irrelevant.

As for Vita, it's price is fine - a reduction in mem. cards is what's needed, and some games are too much for what they offer.

Rotor.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (985 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

its £197 in asda, dont be silly with the ridiculas price drop your waiting on

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (981 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I expect the price to stay the same but there to be more bundles near christmas that include a memory card and a game or two.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (958 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Hmmm the 3ds has outsold the original ds in the same timeframe there were articles on gaming sites claiming the machine was all but sold out over christmas in the UK. The 3ds will sell fine. I think the vita is a cert for a price cut before christmas. Once the early adopters have payed up, a nice cut before christmas will encourage mums and dads to splash out on them for the kids.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (946 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Whats an acceptable ipad2 price drop??
It never happened though, still, did it stop it and the iphone to sell like crazy? No...
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (945 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Too early to think of price drop.

Games and memory cards need to come way down first if not they will cost as much as the vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (934 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

If anything a future price drop on the RRP would be £-30 so £220 for the wifi only and £250 for the 3G/wifi making a 3G a better choice, currently it's an extra £50 for the 3G/wifi and if it was only 30 extra it would be that much more tempting...
With it only being a RRP price drop you could be sure the wifi only would be under 200(£199.99)!
Not till late summer will it happen though!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (920 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I have mine already.

I was able to purchase on launch (saved for 12 months!) but a lot of my friends are waiting for a price to drop as they can't/won't afford it.

MonHun is due on Vita this year so should help the Japan sales and, i suppose, COD will do the same here.

Good bundles are vital to any console but i would hate to see the thing lose out because of it's pricing.

Sony say they are in it for the long term and, playing it, it can see why but i don't want it to go the way of the PSP.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (917 Views)
0 Kudos