Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Which PSP games have you bought for your Vita?

Ahh it took a bit of digging for me to find it on the JP store, till I remembered it's called Power Smash over there.

Deffinately my next Vita game purchase though as it's such a good game.

I've heard rumours about it coming out around May time, but not 100%.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 34 (598 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

For those who have it, what is Manhunt 2 like? Tempted to get it or £6.49.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 34 (582 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Well, i havent played much of it, like the first half hour, but i so far have enjoyed. Graphics not too bad considering its a PSP title, controls are a little clunky for me, and action is of a slower pace than what im used to. Cant go far wrong though for less than £7
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1
PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 34 (580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm thinking of buying Persona 3 Portable as it seem to be a nice timesink, which I kinda need at work. :smileywink:

Is it worth it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 34 (547 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

PSP Games:

LittleBigPlanet (free download from the 'sorry' program)

GTA:Vice City Stories (downloaded it on special... I already own the UMD and have 50+ hours on it, and the PS2 port)

Will consider Ghost of Sparta and Gran Turismo even though I already own the UMDs, if they end up on special, and will maybe consider Peace Walker even though I've never played it, if it comes down cheap..

PS Vita Games:

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Wipeout 2048

Super Stardust Delta

Lumines Electronic Symphony

Next planned purchase will be LittleBigPlanet Vita, and will buy FFX when the port comes, and possibly MGS Collection, as I haven't bought the PS3 HD Collection yet..

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 34 (537 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Picked up one I had completely forgotten about... Resistance Retribution.. :smileyhappy:

Big fan of the original R:FOM (recently did a Hard co-op run through it in fact), and it is by far my favourite of the trilogy, despite showing it's age.... Would have platted Resistance 2 if I could be bothered with the 10,000 online kills (have all the co-op and campaign trophies) and did plat Resistance 3...  but the alternative european WW2 setting of the first is better than the Halo 3 clone that is R2, and R3 which doesn't really know what it is..

Anyway, that's what I lke about Retribution... Bend have recaptured the feel that RFOM had, in a third person view, and now with the ability to remap the camera to the right stick, like all third person games should, I decided to buy it... Always wanted it for the PSP, but my dislike of cramped controls and no right stick stopped me..

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 34 (490 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

psp.

ridge racer, my all time fave racing game.much better than the vita derivation.

Both metal slug games. excellent acade shooter

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 34 (475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

escape plan

dungeon hunter

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 34 (468 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I don't get why people buy PSP,PS2,PS1 games for the Vita , I bought my Vita for Vita games if I want to play PSP games then I will play them on my PSP.

I tried Little big planet and Mod racers on the Vita to see what they looked like and they look terrible and look far better on the PSP the device which they were designed for.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 34 (465 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Because they look and play 1000% better on Vita perhaps?

The PSP has a slow turd coloured laggy smearing LCD screen and induced cramp in my hands after about 30 seconds use.  So its spent most of its time gathering dust.

The Vita on the other hand has a bright vibrant OLED with very little motion blurring and I can play it for hours before the cramp sets in due to the bigger size, proper analog sticks and repositioning of all the buttons higher up so you get a good grip on the console.

Then there is the fact loading times are drastically reduced compared to the PSP loading from memory stick, never mind UMD, and that on all the games I have played even the frame rate is smoother particularly noticable on GTA Vice City Stories.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 34 (459 Views)
0 Kudos