PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

Level 5

Re: Why a lot of people are selling their Vita's ???????

I don't give a Monkey's fart that there's people selling them on eBay and it doesn't worry me in the slightest

I literally haven't put mine down since launch day

Maybe the TC should spend less time worrying about things and over analysing eBay and more time with other pursuits, such as gaming, conversation, family, friends, work and so on

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 185 (938 Views)
Level 3

wiipass wrote:

this question probably hasn't been asked before so i'm going to ask it here: why a lot of people are selling their vita's on ebay some people are selling them at a big loss they are so desperate to git rid of the console & we all know it's only a few weeks old !!! if you read their reason for selling their vita's you would think it's a failure of a console but i personally think its far from a failure !

there are more vita's on sale on ebay than there are 3ds consoles . fact :smileysurprised: 

Post your evidence... I just searched, 170 vitas for sale on eBay. Cheapest bin is £195 for wifi - that's same price as asda. Cheapest in progress bid £170 so that will get towards £200 comfortablly. 3ds about 270 for sale.... So uh, yeah, don't let the facts hit you in the butt on your way out lol Rotor.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 185 (934 Views)
Level 9

FooFan73 wrote:

I don't give a Monkey's fart that there's people selling them on eBay and it doesn't worry me in the slightest

I literally haven't put mine down since launch day

Maybe the TC should spend less time worrying about things and over analysing eBay and more time with other pursuits, such as gaming, conversation, family, friends, work and so on

It scares me sometimes just how much time I've spent on my Vita from launch.... aside from chipping away at FFXIII-2 I've barely touched my PS3, and haven't even played a single game on the 360 since my Vita arrived... This from someone who isn't a huge handheld fan (and is old enough to have owned the little monochrome d-pad handhelds and Casio game calculators)

I wasn't a big PSP gamer... couldn't stand third person games on it. Tried my best to finish Splinter Cell, but couldn't be bothered... barely played Metal Gear Portable Ops and Assassins Creed... hell, I haven't even finished Ghost of Sparta yet... but I'm constantly on the Vita... maybe it is the novelty factor, I dunno... but I was always putting down the PSP to play the PS3, with the Vita (at the moment) it is the other way around..

And as for the launch titles... the launch IMO was better than the PS3 and 360.... the PS3 had two decent games, Resistance and Motorstorm, the latter which had a frustrating learning curve... and the 360, despite all the Microsoft cries about it being a revolution of gaming, had nothing but prettier ports of games already out on PS3 and Xbox...... Burnout Revenge, the Need For Speed games and the like...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 185 (914 Views)
Level 3

The ones sell their Vita, regardless if they are more or less than the ones who sell their 3DS, are impatient technofreaks, with little patience and respect for their money.
There are a lots of ppl out there, who are trading their tablet or mobile on ebay each and every month, just for the shake of it...

Truth is that Vita cannot accommodate the ones who were hoping for decent tablet features (flash player, skype, streaming videos)
and atm the first wave of games, are have all been tested and finished and there are little to no interesting titles coming soon.
So the internet predators, after finishing the games they wanted to try the most and since the vita has no tablet value atm, they are willing to sell it and rebuy it later, when better games will be available and probably a more improved version of the hardware, this choice for them is so easy to take...
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 185 (901 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

I guess there are just loads of people like a friend of mine.

He had an Xbox 360, got bored with it and sold it (at a loss), so he got a PS3, got bored with it and sold it (at a loss) then he got an Xbox 360 again, which amazingly he has had  for a few years now without selling it.  I guess the back catalogue of game is FINALLY big enough for him.  He has been doing this sort of thing all his life, utterly impatient.

He ordered the Vita because "otherwise it would have been the only console I haven't had". 

In reality, I think it was because I said I was getting one and he cannot stand to not have something I have.

However he didn't open it for a week or two as he "couldn't decide if I was keeping it".  He finally relented and opened it once he was able to get a memory card but still he goes on about "not sure I am going to keep it as its not like I play games out of the house or travel much anyway".

Now personally, I am happy to play my Vita at home 99% of the time.  I do not see that just because its a portable consoles it HAS to be played on the bus or something.  There are times I just do not feel like using the big TV, surround system and PS3/Xbox.  It may seem trivial, but it probably saves £6 a day in electricity alone if you game on Vita instead of the PS3/Xbox. 

When I am watching Netflix on the PS3 I sometimes have a game of Hustle Kings going on the Vita at the same time.  I have difficulty focusing on just a single activity so the Vita is useful to keep my mind busy.

You also have to consider the people who don't even USE PSN at all, they will exist and they could be plagued with all sorts of issues if the game carts do not have firmware updates on them.  They are also missing out on all the PSP games.

Then there are those people who go "ugh, I didn't buy a f'in Vita to play PSP games" who again are missing out on plenty of high quality games, just because they are stubborn and narrow minded. 

As I have said time and time again, playing PSP games on the Vita is worlds apart from playing them on the PSP and if that is all the Vita could do, I would have been tempted to still get it for the improvements.  They are comfortable to play, easier to control and look much better on the Vita screen.  There are only the odd one or two games that might be a little more tricky due to the face buttons being smaller and a bit close to the right analog stick, on most games this is not a problem its actually an improvement as you do not have to keep your thumb bent to reach the buttons - they are  comfortably located higher up the console.

So there are many reasons people might be selling their Vita, but it mostly boils down to people didn't do their research or just HAD to have the latest gadget on principle, then getting buyers remorse.

There are likely even a fair few people who bought several, hoping to make a profit.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 185 (893 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

@AAU

you maybe right,some people just want to try new things & vita is new plus all the talk about quad core this & quad core that & oled ..etc made it even more attractive to even the ipad crowed but once they realised they can't even watch youtube vids on it they thought what the heck lets got rid of it.but the majority still gamers & Ps3 owners too,so lack of interesting games maybe a reason too. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 185 (884 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

I'm like the chap above and not touched the ps3 for awhile. maybe It's because my tv is broke as I have no sound. will see what happens when my 3d bravia comes tomorrow.

the vita is a big part of my gaming family!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 185 (875 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

theres no games coming out for it at all, since launch we have had 0 psn games aswell even im tempted to just trade it in while the price is still good.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 185 (861 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

@ xchris2008x

trade in prices are rubbish now,most stores have cut their trade in prices from £180 - £195 to just £145 for the wifi version,the only one hasn't done so yet is gamestation but i'm sure they will follow the rest & cut their trade in cash price from £180 to £145 very soon. (they probably have already). 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 185 (857 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Wow, its been out less than a month and people are complaining because no new games have come out yet?  Seriously?

I can understand perhaps if in three months time nothing has changed, but even then where is the logic in making a loss by trading it in especially if there is any chance at all that you might want one again later in the year when more games come out.

I had my iPod Touch 2G for a year before I decided I weren't using it enough to warrant keeping it.  Although I do wish I hadn't imported my PSP from Japan or that definitely would have been traded in, but then I wouldn't have anything today to trial PSP games on to decide which ones are worth buying on Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 185 (841 Views)
0 Kudos