Reply
16 Jun 2012
Member
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Wii U VS Ps Vita

25 Replies 5,295 Views Created 16-06-2012

I checked out Wii u and it looked pretty nice with tv output, hdmi, the hardware , 1080p video playback  and the games lineup too including batman, assassins creed. It kinda got me worried about the vita :/. i know its too soon to tell, but whatcha think ?

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26 (5,295 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Wii U VS Ps Vita

[ Edited ]

why are you comparing thw wii u  to the vita when ones a portable hand held games console and ones a home console with a controller with a built in display

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26 (5,292 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Wii U VS Ps Vita

Didn't know that :Stupid:

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26 (5,282 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 8
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Wii U VS Ps Vita

Yeah. Basically the WiiU can be used on the GamePad screen or a TV but the GamePad gets the data from the WiiU console itself.

The idea being in a family home you can play while your dad watches football on the TV the wiiU is technically connected too.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26 (5,199 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Wii U VS Ps Vita

PS-VITA + PS3 = Wii u

Somehow.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26 (5,190 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Wii U VS Ps Vita

 Vita can be used as a controller soon as announced in E3. There will hopefully be complete remote play , many games announced do have it. So yes it can do mostly what wii u can AND its a portable device. 

Ps 3 + vta = more that wii u xD

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26 (5,171 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Wii U VS Ps Vita


wizzz7able wrote:

Didn't know that :Stupid:


 

Don't feel too bad.... Even professional video game commentators and one US chat show host have referred to the WiiU as a Wii addon controller.

 

Ninty haven't been clear what it is they're selling - I'm beginning to wonder if there is still doubt in Nintendo about this direction.... I guess it could be like the 3DS - people can't tell from the name that it is something much different to the old DS.

 

With Ninty's newfound market of grey gamers, the name and positioning of the Wii U come launch are going to be confusing.

 

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26 (5,168 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Wii U VS Ps Vita


RotorHed wrote:

wizzz7able wrote:

Didn't know that :Stupid:


 

Don't feel too bad.... Even professional video game commentators and one US chat show host have referred to the WiiU as a Wii addon controller.

 

Ninty haven't been clear what it is they're selling - I'm beginning to wonder if there is still doubt in Nintendo about this direction.... I guess it could be like the 3DS - people can't tell from the name that it is something much different to the old DS.

 

With Ninty's newfound market of grey gamers, the name and positioning of the Wii U come launch are going to be confusing.

 

Rotor.


I take it you didn't watch either the Nintendo Direct Presentation or the main Nintendo press conference at E3 then as they made it very clear during those exactly what the Wii U is about and how it works. There will be more promotions and more information given out between now and the launch.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26 (5,163 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Wii U VS Ps Vita

[ Edited ]

wizzz7able wrote:

 Vita can be used as a controller soon as announced in E3. There will hopefully be complete remote play , many games announced do have it. So yes it can do mostly what wii u can AND its a portable device. 

Ps 3 + vta = more that wii u xD


It was only shown as a controller for the PS3 version of LittleBigPlanet 2 and there has been no indication it's going to be a standard feature across the board. It's certainly something Sony isn't promoting. Also complete remote isn't going to happen so I wouldn't get your hopes up. I don't know where you got the idea most game shave it as they don't unless you're referring to cross play which is a totally different feature set.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26 (5,162 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Wii U VS Ps Vita


BlackKnightUK wrote:

RotorHed wrote:

wizzz7able wrote:

Didn't know that :Stupid:


 

Don't feel too bad.... Even professional video game commentators and one US chat show host have referred to the WiiU as a Wii addon controller.

 

Ninty haven't been clear what it is they're selling - I'm beginning to wonder if there is still doubt in Nintendo about this direction.... I guess it could be like the 3DS - people can't tell from the name that it is something much different to the old DS.

 

With Ninty's newfound market of grey gamers, the name and positioning of the Wii U come launch are going to be confusing.

 

Rotor.


I take it you didn't watch either the Nintendo Direct Presentation or the main Nintendo press conference at E3 then as they made it very clear during those exactly what the Wii U is about and how it works. There will be more promotions and more information given out between now and the launch.

 

Actually I watched both, live. They were equally poor at describing what it is Nintendo want ot sell. Throughout both presentations, reference was made to the Wii U tablet/WiiU without any nod to the console and what it's details are.

 

Either way, my opinion isn't releveant as an individual - I'm much better informed than 90% of Nintendo's current customers about gaming in general. Reality is that plenty of people are confused - Nintendo cannot seem to clarify for the general potential purchaser out there (and Nintendo's market isn't really traditional console gamers anymore) what it is they're selling and why they'd buy it.

 

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26 (5,147 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos