22 Feb 2012
By Kyosuko
Playstation Staff

Wipeout : Update Problem

8 Replies 231 Views Created 22-02-2012

Okay, so I bought Wipeout on launch today but there is a very big problem. I was playing fine and I downloaded the NetworkPass, but when I came to play online it asked me to go to the LiveArea and download the update. So that's what I did, it downloaded and installed fine... So it said;

After it launched and logged me into the Playstation Network just before it was to enter the title screen I got the Error C2-12828 something like that I can't remember exactly but it reported "problem with application" now I can't play Wipeout. I formatted my memory card (lost my uncharted gameplay) in hope that I could play Wipeout again. Though as soon as I installed the update again it did the exact same thing.

Why?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (231 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Wipeout : Update Problem

Sorry for bumping but I'm really stressing out about this. What am I suppose to do? Has anyone else got Wipeout and having the same problem as me?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Right, well if no one is willing to help me here. Does anyone know how I can contact Studio Liverpool?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I've just updated Wipeout myself and the game is working fine for me.

No, I have no idea how to contact Studio Liverpool.

Phone Sony Cust'mer Services

Playstation Revamped

Jesus Teabagged Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (160 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I have bought it but not played it yet so had don't know.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I wouldn't assume people aren't willing to help you. Maybe no one has any suggestions. Please don't make assumptions. That said have you tried deleting Wipeout altogether and redownloading it ? I don't know how to get a hold of Studio Liverpool but I suspect it's not them you would contact but Sony customer service.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (154 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah sorry, I'm just a little stressed out. I really want to play! :smileysad: I'll keep trying it might work eventually. I can put this down to being the game because it works without the update. Weird that no one else is having this problem.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just a quick update on this issue; I restored my PSVita completely now when something has downloaded the notification pops up twice for example "Wipeout 2048 has download" then the speech bubble fades out the pops up again. I'm not sure if this is normal behavior can anyone confirm this? 

An after doing the restore my PSN ID was not linked, it never popped up saying it was connecting and the update worked fine. As soon as I liked my PSN ID to my VITA the error accord again C2-12828-1 it seems connection to PSN seems to be doing it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (126 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Hi guys,

I have received some feedback on the C2-12828-1 error code issue.  The problem is due to certain ports blocking access of some of the games functions.

The recommended solution is to Assign the your PS Vita a static IP on your home network and then setup port forwarding, allowing the port range of 10060 - 10080 access to the network.

You have 2 options,

1)Assign your PS Vita a static IP on your home network and then setup port forwarding.

2) This will prevent t future games having the same issue.

Assign your PS Vita a static IP on your home network and then place your PS Vita on a  DMZ (if the router supports DMZ) - DMZ places the specified device outside of the network firewall which will prevent the issue.

Please let me know here if the above works and if not I can ask for further assistance.

Cheers,

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Kudos