22 Feb 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

accessing sub account on ps vita

27 Replies 12,009 Views Created 22-02-2012

Set up a master acc & a sub account, but when my son tries to sign in on the sub account error message says You must sign in with the account that is linked with this PS Vita system (NP-2100-3)

How do i link to his account so he can use it?

Parental cotrols no use if he can't sig in!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28 (12,009 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: accessing sub account on ps vita

Not 100% sure but I think you can only have one account linked to a Vita at a time.

Possible solution is to get another memory card as the cards are what bounds the vita to each account. Nice little ploy by Sony that one!!

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/12/vita-accounts/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28 (11,995 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks, I think!

Once an account is linked can you un-link it ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (11,986 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yeah I think you can un-link the account from a memory card by formatting it. Or maybe search around in the settings.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28 (11,976 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Have exactly the same problem. Son's vita was our first ps machine. Set up master account and sub account but could not get vita to sign in on anything other than master account. Subsequently bought vita for other son so a completely new memory card and cannot get the new machine to sign on to sub account either (have not entered master account on second machine so card and machine untainted). Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (11,824 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

you most restore the ps vita system in order to login with a different account

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28 (11,708 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am having the same problem with my sons ps vita. Master account shows my name, sub account his but when ps vita linked it showed my user name. Restored vita to factory settings and formatted memory stick but still will not let him sign in on sub account. Any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28 (11,542 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

my accounts a sub and it let me just sign in so it does work, i no thats not much help but at least you now know you can do it

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (11,537 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same issue with signing in with sub account details. i have been trying for hours and after formatting system and memory card 10 times still nothing!not very high tech personally but surely whole sub account totally pointless??

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (11,446 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

yes found it -thanks to this forum -

You have to sign-in on a PC into the sub-accounts, NOT the master account, and complete the registration there; entering child's name, address, and create ID/ for them - hence ended up with mine which didn't want... authorised/upgrade kids account and there you GO! Then go back to vita and sign-in to their username and password as existing account and that's it. nowhere in manual this is mentioned but gladly only 5 hrs later......
Message 10 of 28 (11,437 Views)