PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

Level 13

Re: free wipeout

fowler002 wrote:
1. Well the seal was on and the guy gave me a new sim(which said 'for the playstation vita' on the packaging) with it(there wasn't 1 included in the vita box).

2. As I said I didn't get a welcome message, didn't get anything till I topped up and nothing since the message saying that I've topped up. it's been ~19 1/2 hrs since I topped up.

1. Eek, that's quite suspicious. The Vita box was sealed but didn't have a SIM in it? Something smells very wrong right there. I suppose it's not especially unlikely that Sony somehow managed to pack everything into the box without the SIM, but, well, hopefully you see what I'm getting at. Also, how do you know it wasn't a second-hand SIM? Somebody could use it to get their free Wipeout and then ditch it?

Sorry, I'm a bit paranoid this morning. Perhaps it's nothing that can't be sorted out by contacting vodafone. If they tell you that the device / SIM has already been used to obtain the game then they might still take pity on you, or you can go back to the retailer and give them hell... :smileyfrustrated:

"And when I grow up
I will be smart enough to answer all
the questions that you need to know
the answers to before you're grown up"
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (114 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

ScottBull wrote:

if you check on the Vodafone website though a ton of people, including myself; had problems registering an account with Vodafone and then getting the game downloaded, (Vodafone we're blaming Sony, with some even saying they've never heard of a Vita and asked if it was a new Android Phone).

Sony should have made a real activation/top-up App instead of a shortcut to the vodafone website.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (111 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Stew2000 wrote:

Sony should have made a real activation/top-up App instead of a shortcut to the vodafone website.

A nice idea in principle; in practice they would have had to have made it work in every territory, which ain't easy.

"And when I grow up
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (110 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

QuietlyWrong wrote:

Stew2000 wrote:

A nice idea in principle; in practice they would have had to have made it work in every territory, which ain't easy.

This is very true. and yet something Sony should be capable of doing.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (108 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

well about 3hrs after my last reply I got the 'welcome to Vodafone mobile broadband' message(tho I've just read it), it's been like 4 1/2 hrs since that message(and like 27hrs since topping up) but still no code for wipeout.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (95 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

fowler002 wrote:
well about 3hrs after my last reply I got the 'welcome to Vodafone mobile broadband' message(tho I've just read it), it's been like 4 1/2 hrs since that message(and like 27hrs since topping up) but still no code for wipeout.

Well that's more promising... ...though very slow. Give it a few more hours and let us know. :smileyhappy:

"And when I grow up
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (89 Views)
0 Kudos