21 May 2012
Playstation Staff

new to PS Vita, no PDF or Flash???

5 Replies 3,268 Views Created 21-05-2012
first things I've noticed is I can't read yotube videos and PDF files, I hoped Sony saw that it was important things the PSP was lacking, and the Vita would get it from the start any chance an update will allow the Vita to read PDF and Flash files?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (3,268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: new to PS Vita, no PDF or Flash???

For a device in 2012 I don't understand Sonys direction here
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (3,256 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Adobe no longer support Flash on portable devices so that's one of the reasons there's no Flash support on the Vita

Secondly, the Vita is primarily a gaming device, not an internet device. The browser is functional for basic tasks.

Sony knows that most of us already have a decent browser on our mobile phones so why pay Adobe and so onexpansive licensing fees to enable usage of features which are not the Vita's primary functions

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (3,254 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Neather FLASH or a PDF readers are needed, Sites designers are stuck in the past and will lose customers.

Googles new services run HTML5 video Players for PPV and use NON PDF for selling/giving away books that work inside the browser.

pic11.png

but because the PS vita IDs itself as a vita, the content the Browser gets will be second class always.

Even when HTML5 becomes finalised and a fixed standards are set. then released in non PC platforms.

It will still be a secondary device. 

I still prefer m4a Audio books for realy stories to this version of a book. 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner.
Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user. Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (3,234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Have you ever tried to create a 3rd party PDF reader to help you read PDF files with the help of some professional PDF toolkits? I am not so sure about whether it is the best solution to your problem. But I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (217 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

There's a YouTube app to play the them...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (196 Views)
0 Kudos