PS Vita General

22 Feb 2012
By: DrxLag

3 Posts

ps vita stuck on nat type 3

[ Edited ]
81 Replies 9899 Views edited 22-02-2012

Hello everyone,

I just received my psvita and I was very excited until I encountered this strange problem:

When I connected my vita to my wireless router and I did a connection test, it read that the NAT type was type 3. Everything I tried on my router was a dead end, static ip for vita, port forwarding: every time NAT type 3. I know that this is not right and I should be receiving type 2.

And the most strange part is that both my ps3 (wired) and my psp (wireless like vita) show NAT type 2.

What is different with psvita?

Also I saw that many people here have problem with near app. Could you please do a connection test and tell me your NAT type?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 82 (9,899 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: ps vita stuck on nat type 3

Mines Type 2 - all features working fine [may help trouble shoot if NAT Type3 people have the problems]

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 82 (9,893 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

i have nat type 2 and have problems with near and maps app not being able to find me.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 82 (9,876 Views)
0 Kudos

I have nat 2 on wired and wireless on ps3 but only nat 3 on ps vita,is there a way to enable nat 2 on vita??.. tried all settings on ps3 and currently running updated (most recent software updates) for both devices.The vita is paired with ps3 but just can't communicate correctly!!!.Am using BT broadband with HH2, if that helps!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 82 (9,815 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

if type 3 is private ip (192.168.x.x/10.0.0.x) with ports closed, then it sounds like the VIta isn't managing to do uPNP, or you've hardcoded something (probably for your PS3) that's stopping it changing the things Vita needs

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 82 (9,806 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Mines NAT type 3 but everything seems to be working fine for me. I don't think the Vita is able to make use of uPNP.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 82 (9,782 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

My vita is on nat type 3 and my ps3 is on nat type 2 after using portforward. I don't know why they both have different nat types.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 82 (9,683 Views)
0 Kudos

My ps vita also say nat type 3 everything was working but now I can't get on to face book an error occurs , what does it mean nat type 3 don't understand it
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 82 (9,647 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Portforward only apply's to one device using it's IP the router assigned it. You will also have to forward the same ports for your Vita too! 

Also I think there slightly different because when I was on the phone to Sony the other day they said there was 10070-10080 in there too. But that could be just for Wipeout ('The game I had troubles and still have troubles with'). 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 82 (9,580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Can anyone actually talk me though how to fix this as I have the same problem. My router is a Thompson TG585v7 on O2. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 82 (9,477 Views)
0 Kudos