Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: why i won't be buying a ps vita......

It's because the pound is worth more that's why!
Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19 (273 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Had enough of moaners about price I knew how much it was months ago so I saved up like not buying any new games and gave up on luxurys now I have enough to get 3G vita 16gb memory and about 5 games :smileyhappy:

follow me on twitter @goonerrob1104
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (259 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I find it unlikely the memory cards are even as fast as lower end class 10 microsd cards, based on how long Wipeout takes to load.  Also you cannot use a blanket statement like that as class 10 only refers the minimum speed a card must achieve even when full of content, many cards are much faster than 10MB/s in real world use and some of those cards will still be cheaper than the Vita cards because they have to compete with other manufacturers.

We shall see once I get my Vita as I will time how long it takes to copy games from my PS3 to the Vita, although that only will show the write speed which is usually slower than the read speed.

Like I said though, its not all about the price of the memory cards to me its more the fact even 16GB is rather small.  Lets say I already have a PSP with digital downloads and want to put all those on there, I could have filled it already before downloading any Vita games. 

I have already had 8GB in my PSP for some time now, I expected Vita cards to be considerably larger and it puzzles me they would even bother selling 4GB cards when they are trying to encourage people to go digital.  It seems the me the ONLY reason this has happened is because at the current prices a 64GB would cost almost as much as a Vita itself and a 128GB considerably more, so they know its not worth releasing them until they have made enough money back on the overpriced cards to drop the price and release larger sizes at sane prices.

I just feel Sony went about things totally wrong with the memory card issue.  Yes I think the Vita is totally worth it, but I think they were short sighted to do it this way.  If they had included 3.5GB built-in memory (4GB chip, 512MB used for the firmware) I think they would STILL have sold a ton of memory cards but without upsetting their customers because they would have filled up that space quickly and gone "oh dear, I better get more space" whereas now instead they got "cheeky sods FORCING me to get a memory card", its simple psychology.  Instead I think they did it like this to strong arm the bigger retailers into taking a hit on their profits by bundling memory cards in.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

The US and EU price you have posted DO NOT INCLOUD THE VAT PRICE!

When you buy a VITA in the UK you see the Price and VAT already on it.

In the US and EU you See the price minus the VAT

Why do they do it this way?

Each state in the US has a different % of VAT

Each country in the EU have a different % of VAT

Still fall a little short but that fluxuating exchange rates

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19 (211 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

AlexAtkinUK wrote:

I find it unlikely the memory cards are even as fast as lower end class 10 microsd cards, based on how long Wipeout takes to load.

We shall see once I get my Vita as I will time how long it takes to copy games from my PS3 to the Vita, although that only will show the write speed which is usually slower than the read speed.

Excerpt from TSA

"One of the few complaints I had with WipEout 2048 was the loading times, which were upwards of 45 seconds to load each track.

Reports are coming in that the game has received its first patch, though, which takes the game to version 1.01 and reduces the load times by around 10 to 15 seconds, as we reported would be the case in our load times round-up.

The patch isn’t currently available with the European version of the game, so we can’t verify the claims ourselves yet, but we’ll have a look once it’s updated for us, which should hopefully be tomorrow."

We shall see soon if Retail vs Digital have any effect on speeds... if somebody is willing to put this to the test whence made available.

AlexAtkinUK wrote:

Yes, but the transfer rate will be limited to the burst rate of USB 2.0

I've ordered a 32GB card so that should do me for now.

Sorry for the half assed reply... I'm really Jacobs'd cream cracker'd.

Playstation Revamped

Jesus Teabagged Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19 (210 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

xElfenLied_US wrote:
It's because the pound is worth more that's why!

That would make it cheaper..... lol look it is what it is and we have to buy stuff or not- if you wont then don't but the have to cover higher costs somehow; notice the RRP didn't go up in jan which it should have as I believe VAT went up? 

[img]http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1411/u3sp13drakethug346x1350.png[/img]
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19 (186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Price differences between countries are nothing new and not worth not buying anything over, if you want a Vita just go and buy it.

Price differences are usually beacuse of Tax rates/VAT and of inflation and currency conversion, because of that some countries may get the console cheaper (like ASIA) other may get it more expensive (EU) its out of consumer hands and it has happened for over 20 years. Complaing does nothing, get over it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

No, it's YOUR problem. PS Vita is a luxury. It's not something you need so your complaint about the taxes is null.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19 (162 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

You know what, I preordered.  I saved up my money and secured a WiFi only model with an 8GB card, i'm not complaining about the price. I bought it, I chose to buy it. If you think it's too expensive the for god sake don't buy it! Jeez people stop moaning.... :Stupid:

Evolution:
PS1 PS2 PSX PSP PS3 PSV PS4?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19 (135 Views)
0 Kudos