20 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

wifi problems?

4 Replies 976 Views Created 20-03-2012
Hi everyone,

So i can't tell if my vita has faulty wifi or not. My home internet is 50meg broadband and my vita is all connected to it, working fine when i am upstairs, but when i go downstairs into the back room (our house isn't that big) the wifi drops pretty much completely and struggles to stay connected.

Another example is that when i am at my boyfriends bungalow the wifi is really bad, in his room which is less than 15m away i cannot get it to connect at all.

Does anyone else struggle with wifi when they aren't really close to the hub?

I tried to get around this by linking my vita with my phones 3g but alas it wont connect to that, even though the passwords match it just keeps trying to connect over and over again. The same with my tablet.....

I noticed that the vita is upposed to be wireless n, that is why i thought mine could be faulty?

Kylie
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (976 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: wifi problems?

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I pretty much have the same issue. Unless I'm standing beside the router, I get a half assed signal. Here is another post of people complaining about the signal. No fix or anything. Just seems hit & miss for people. I'm not that bothered anymore though, I'm not playing any games online.

Poor WIFI Reception

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (965 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks for your reply.

Wow that really sucks. It kind of feels like Sony have done this to persuade people to go to 3g models. I just hope an update fixes this because it should be alot better than it is. It's not too much of a problem for the moment because I don't play many online games.I just play wipeout when i'm at home upstairs now, i don't even try to bother connecting anywhere else it's just pointless.

Thanks for the link I will check out what has been said :smileyhappy:

Kylie

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (934 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I kept getting a Nat 3 on mine so updated the firmware on my router which made the WiFi connect better.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (926 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am having a similar problem and it is driving me crazy.  I have a Belkin router and my Vita will not connect.  I have no problems connecting anywhere else i.e. Starbucks, my dads house, etc.  And up until about 2 weeks ago I had no problems connecting.  I have disconnected, reconnected, reset, everything I know to do with no positive results.  and this sucks because I am unable to get to the ps store or anything else unless I go somewhere besides my own home.  I have a strong signal and none of my other devices have any problems with connection. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (819 Views)
0 Kudos