26 May 2012

Playstation Staff

Black screen can't reset ps vita

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 834 Views edited 26-05-2012

my ps vita started out fine then it fell off my couch it got some weird triangle on the screen and it blocked part of my screen and I ignored it a few hours later i went back and part of the screen was blue along with the triangle so i tried to see if it would work in the morning but when i turned it on the screen was black not even the play station sign i charged it and the only thing I got was the blue light any ideas and don't say press the power button for 30 seconds to reset it because theres no screen:Ninja:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (834 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Black screen can't reset

[ Edited ]

...................... HELP!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (833 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Now when I turn it on it plays sound but the screen is still black. I can turn it on and use the touch screen also.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (820 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

It sounds like there may have been some damage to the screen when it fell.  Best bet is to contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (807 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

it's no t sound like a damage it's a memory card remove alert! Stupid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (738 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Black screen can't reset ps vita

[ Edited ]

I recommend asking the guy that said its the memory card problem sounds like he may Help you but worst case senerrio is to ether contact Playstation support or returning it to the store and get a new one if you still have the store warrenty, Good Luck

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (729 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Black screen can't reset ps vita

TheLastLevel wrote:

I recommend asking the guy that said its the memory card problem sounds like he may Help you but worst case senerrio is to ether contact Playstation support or returning it to the store and get a new one if you still have the store warrenty, Good Luck

Its an unusual one, but as it was dropped it may indicate component damage.

What you could try awesomeis to hold the power button and try and get Safe Mode to appear. Are you at any stage getting anything on the screen at all? (e.g. the PS logo).

Also could you describe the triange is it a perfect shape, is there any writing with it?

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (715 Views)
0 Kudos