17 Jan 2013

Playstation Staff

Broke my PSVita's screen on another Continent! Cheaper to buy new or send back for repairs?

4 Replies 239 Views Created 17-01-2013

I bought my PSVita from HK, but i am currently studying in the UK. And recently my vita screen broke because of drunktards in my halls. The issue is that PS EU says that my system is not EU compliant cause i bought it in asia, therefore they reject replacing my screen and that i have to send it back to HK to be fixed. I do know that the broken screen is not covered under warranty as it is a user fault. I would like to know how much is it to fixed it? If the price is of shipping to HK from UK and back plus the price of repair is comparable to buying a new set in the UK, then i would buy a new one here and wait till i return to HK during the holidays then send it for repairs.

ALl help will be appreciated, whether its USD or Euro, can help me to gauge how much is it to do a screen repair

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Broke my PSVita's screen on another Continent! Cheaper to buy new or send back for repairs?

if you live in hk and going back to live in hk after your studies. then if i was you i would just wait and see if it can be fixed in hk when your there for the holiday... or buy a new one in hk..

because if you buy a new in uk you will have the same problem if it break in hk...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (236 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Broke my PSVita's screen on another Continent! Cheaper to buy new or send back for repairs?

Thats not a problem. I will be in UK for at least 3 years ahead, so getting a vita here might not be too ridiculous as i will spend most of my time in the UK rather than in HK, and by 3 year,2016, PSVita might phase out for a newer console. Therefore buying here can be a viable option

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (233 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

then go buy one if it will cost you less than send it for repair in hk :smileyhappy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (211 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

If you live in HK out of term time, or have relatives there, I'd suggest you figure out the cost of postage to send it to them to have it repaired, and weigh that up against the cost of buying a new one.

Whichever is cheapest would obviously be the preferred option.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (184 Views)
0 Kudos