12 Dec 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Call of Duty Redeem Code not letting me download game

6 Replies 954 Views Created 12-12-2012

I have just bought a PS Vita console with a redeem vouvher for Call of Duty.  I have tried the redeem code on the enclosed voucher but after a long wait when it said it was downloading, I got the message that it cannot download as there is not enough free space.  How do I free up space?  I am using the 4GB memory card that came with the console.  Do I need to buy another memory card with more memory?   

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (954 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Call of Duty Redeem Code not letting me download game

jeanbean2012 wrote:

I have just bought a PS Vita console with a redeem vouvher for Call of Duty.  I have tried the redeem code on the enclosed voucher but after a long wait when it said it was downloading, I got the message that it cannot download as there is not enough free space.  How do I free up space?  I am using the 4GB memory card that came with the console.  Do I need to buy another memory card with more memory?   

Hi jeanbean2012,

Yes you will need a bigger memory card in the console to accomodate the game. Its worth knowing that the space on a memory card is always slightly less that than it is stated as memory is taken up by the card itself. You can check the memory left on the memory card in the system settings on the Vita and see if you are able to remove programs to allow space for the game.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (936 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have done the same. Bought the Vita as a bundle from Amazon. PS Support advised to format the card which i did and it created 3.8GB but as soon as i tried again to download it said again that there wasnt enough space, i guess 4gb isnt enough

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (922 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

just delete some things to make some more space, then you've made enough space, re-download the game! when its downloaded download what you like :Wink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (733 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

4GB really isn't enough. 8GB is the bare minimum to be usable, though if you can afford it, I'd suggest splashing out on a 32GB card :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (730 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I know right but I downloaded it all u hav 2 do is get on ps.com on the internet and access your account and go to redeem pre-paid cards and use the vounture code.it made me feel dumb:Stupid:

but the game is easy but comlicated.and raw:smileywink:

your welcome

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (560 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

1. how big is COD VITA?
2. If a 4GB Card is not enough why have it included if u cannot download the game it came with.
3.I used to have an 8GB CARD. Then got a 4GB and still have 500MB left. as I DL what I need. ( 2 full games and loads of dlc for ridge racer.)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (518 Views)
0 Kudos