24 Feb 2012

Playstation Staff

Can't turn back on! flashing "ps" button, as if it's plugged in

6 Replies 2,902 Views Created 24-02-2012

Just got my Vita from Amazon today, played for a few hours, downloaded some stuff... Now it seems to be stuck in "off" mode.  The "home" or "playstation" button is flashing blue, and stays flashing blue whether I plug it in or unplug it.  If this were my psp, I'd simply pull the battery and re-insert, but since I don't have that option...

I've put it into sleep mode a number of times with no problems, but it really just seems stuck now.

I've tried holding down the power button, the ps button, waiting 5, 10, 20 seconds, nothing seems to work.  I'm really stuck here.  Is there a hard reset or something?  Please help!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (2,902 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Can't turn back on! flashing "ps" button, as if it's plugged in

NM, found the solution on another thread, did a "soft" reset w/20 seconds and the power button.  Thanks all.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (2,901 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

HI, Ive got the same problem but cant get mine to work could you tell me how or give me a link to how to fix it please. thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (2,705 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Press power button for 20 secs.

Rotor.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (2,702 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thanks 4 the info it really worked now if it ever happens again i will know wat 2 do

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (2,606 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thanks for helping it happend to me too and you can also wait till it dies. it happend to my first one and i waited till i died.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (718 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Darthmccormick00 wrote:

thanks for helping it happend to me too and you can also wait till it dies. it happend to my first one and i waited till i died.

Indeed. If holding power for 30 seconds doesn't work, then the next step is to allow it's battery to run out before trying to power on again. Frustratingly this can take a while depending on what the Vita is doing, though it's worked for a fair number of people.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (694 Views)
0 Kudos