Reply
Highlighted
31 Mar 2012
By RabidWalker

RabidWalker

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

How do I access Recovery Mode (Safe Mode) on the PlayStation Vita?

[ Edited ]
18 Replies 37,825 Views edited 31-03-2012

How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?



Reply
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19 (37,828 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
RabidWalker
Beta Tester
04
/16

RabidWalker

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?


RabidWalker wrote:

How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?


If you have a problem with the PlayStation Vita and need to access Recovery Mode, you will need to do the following:

 

  • Ensure that the Vita console is turned off 
  • Press the PS button, Power button and Right Shoulder Button at the same time and hold for couple of seconds.
  • You will now have a menu with the following options:

1) Restart the PS Vita System

2) Rebuild Database

3) Format Memory Card

4) Restore the PS Vita System

5) Update System Software

 

(Please note: you must use the PS Vita system's buttons to operate this menu).



Reply
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19 (37,827 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
stupidbunnysuit
05
/16

stupidbunnysuit

  • Offline
86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?

G'day!

 

I think I might borrow this tip for the ANZ forums, if I may Smiley Happy

 

-sbs

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19 (37,400 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
strangeplaice
Award Winner
09
/16

strangeplaice

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
97%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?


stupidbunnysuit wrote:

G'day!

 

I think I might borrow this tip for the ANZ forums, if I may Smiley Happy

 

-sbs


Lazy! Write your own! Smiley Tongue

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19 (36,815 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
NGChuck
02
/16

NGChuck

  • Offline
22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?

Nah... you don't have to hold the right trigger and the ps button. Just hold the power button for 30 seconds -_-''
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19 (36,495 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
supersmith2500
02
/16

supersmith2500

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?

Can you access Safe mode even if the Vita freezes and fails to work. It froze when I was on Treasure Park and also switch it off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Proud PlayStation fan and cartoonist.

Also the member of the TheVitaLounge and PSVitaDirect community,
http://thevitalounge.net/
http://psvitadirect.com/
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19 (36,060 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Kermit1970
Award Winner
14
/16

Kermit1970

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
96%
14 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?

Yes you need to hold the power button down for quite a while and then it will either switch off or the recovery screen will appear
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19 (36,058 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
RabidWalker
Beta Tester
04
/16

RabidWalker

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?


Kermit1970 wrote:
Yes you need to hold the power button down for quite a while and then it will either switch off or the recovery screen will appear

Yep this is true kermit,

 

I believe it was changed with an update, so I will get this changed.

 

Rabid



Reply
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19 (36,049 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Lestwist40
02
/16

Lestwist40

  • Offline
27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?

RabidWalker wrote:

How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?

If you have a problem with the PlayStation Vita and need to access Recovery Mode, you will need to do the following:

 

  • Ensure that the Vita console is turned off 
  • Press the PS button, Power button and Right Shoulder Button at the same time and hold for couple of seconds.
  • You will now have a menu with the following options:

1) Restart the PS Vita System

2) Rebuild Database

3) Format Memory Card

4) Restore the PS Vita System

5) Update System Software

 

(Please note: you must use the PS Vita system's buttons to operate this menu).

 
 
 I tried this ,Doesn't work...Rabidwalker.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19 (35,540 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
xVx_NinJAZz
02
/16

xVx_NinJAZz

  • Offline
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: How do I access Recovery Mode on the PlayStation Vita?

hey rabid i need some help 2 my sister got my passcode wrong 5 times and i lost my patients reset the system (taking the memory card out) and turned it on and safe mode came automatically it would only let me choose 2 options and i had my memory card in but i did the update(connected to my ps3 as it wouldnt let me do with wifi) and now the system keeps reseting

it would only let me have option 1 and 5

PLEASE HELP
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19 (35,434 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos