dragonpumpkin

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

Just bought Wipeout 2048 Fury Complete Game for PS Vita...and it won't install!

15 Replies 4,522 Views Created 03-07-2012

Subject says it all really. I read carefully that the Wipeout Fury Complete Game Pack was made for the PS Vita. I downloaded it on my Vita. However, it won't install.

I've tried downloading different versions, but when I check my download list, some cannot be downloaded by PS Vita and some can. Wipeout HD and Wipeout Fury HD can be downloaded but won't install.

Please let me know how to fix this because I'm currently 10 quid down and not impressed with my first experience of the Playstation Network.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions
/16

A2GMAN

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
A2GMAN
Accepted Solution
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/19/get-those-engines-ready-wipeout-hd-and-fury-expansion-pack... - u bought the full game of wipeout hd fury and there are ADD ONS for the vita version but u will need wipeout 2048 to play the collection on the vita. ( p.s. the website i put there may explain for u?)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Just bought Wipeout 2048 Fury Complete Game for PS Vita...and it won't install!

All Replies
/16

King_0_Hell

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
King_0_Hell
Accepted Solution

if memory serves, don't you just have to launch the game? the DLC should be installed then. It threw me a few times as well

0 Kudos

Re: Just bought Wipeout 2048 Fury Complete Game for PS Vita...and it won't install!

/16

dragonpumpkin

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dragonpumpkin
Accepted Solution

No, it won't install - it downloads the files, but won't create a icon. I thought at first that I'd just bought an add-on without having the original game. But the Fury game pack includes the original game as well. But neither will install.

I tried installing the demo, thinking I could then upgrade to the main game for free as I'd already bought it. The demo installed and ran, but didn't recognise that I'd already purchased the game.

Frustrating and expensive!

Any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

dragonpumpkin wrote:

Subject says it all really. I read carefully that the Wipeout Fury Complete Game Pack was made for the PS Vita. I downloaded it on my Vita. However, it won't install.

I've tried downloading different versions, but when I check my download list, some cannot be downloaded by PS Vita and some can. Wipeout HD and Wipeout Fury HD can be downloaded but won't install.

Please let me know how to fix this because I'm currently 10 quid down and not impressed with my first experience of the Playstation Network.

Hi dragonpumpkin,

This sounds a bit mixed up here.

WipeOut 2048 is the Vita only game, WipeOut HD/Fury is strictly PS3 only. Therefore HD/Fury will not work on the PlayStation Vita.

Rabid

0 Kudos

/16

A2GMAN

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
A2GMAN
Accepted Solution
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/19/get-those-engines-ready-wipeout-hd-and-fury-expansion-pack... - u bought the full game of wipeout hd fury and there are ADD ONS for the vita version but u will need wipeout 2048 to play the collection on the vita. ( p.s. the website i put there may explain for u?)
0 Kudos

/16

dragonpumpkin

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dragonpumpkin
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the help, that makes sense. Very misleading from the Playstation store - I checked for a 'You need ______ in order to play this game.' and there wasn't one, just a PSVita compatible note.

Money grabbing tossers, I either fork out an extra 30 quid or write off the 10. Not amused.

But anyway, thanks again for the help and the link, appreciate it.

0 Kudos

/16

stup1did

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stup1did
Accepted Solution

i am finding my original wipeout hd ps3 version won't install either - it seems to think its a ps vita game now, but the vita does not recognise it!

any fixes?

do have to unassociate my vita with my ps3 system to get it to 'reset itself'

0 Kudos

/16

jonngizmo

91%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jonngizmo
Accepted Solution

RabidWalker wrote:

dragonpumpkin wrote:

Hi dragonpumpkin,

This sounds a bit mixed up here.

WipeOut 2048 is the Vita only game, WipeOut HD/Fury is strictly PS3 only. Therefore HD/Fury will not work on the PlayStation Vita.

Rabid

so why am i looking at wipeout 2048  hd/fury complete game pack on my vita via the store stating compatible with playstation vita only and still wont install? i have downloaded all the available wipeout things on the store but still "waiting to download":Shame:

0 Kudos

/16

Tpatts

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tpatts
Accepted Solution

I bought the WipEout 2048 - WipEout Complete Game Pack from the ps store for my vita

It says it includes the original 2048 ps3 game reimaged for vita and the HD fury expansion pack. Yet when I come to download it. there is an Error saying ti can't find the content....

I assume it wants me to download the 2048 game... but that means having to pay an extra £11 when I specifically bought this one because it says it includes the original...

help!

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

You've bought DLC I'm afraid. It contains the PS3 version of WipEout HD/Fury which is playable within WipEout 2048 for Vita.

2048 was never made for PS3. The content is described as an "Expansion pack" and is categorised under DLC in the PlayStation Store.

The cheapest place to get it new is the PlayStation Store. Click here for a link.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

Tweetman_277

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tweetman_277
Accepted Solution

Can anyone help me out? I'm having a similar problem here.

I have Wipeout 2048 and I've bought the HD and Fury Expansion packs but they won't install to the Vita. I have the card in the Vita the whole time, but after downloading they just say 'Waiting to install' and then never do... :-(

I've fired up the game itself, turned the system off and on again, tapped at the little notification message forever and a day and nothing. They just sit there, waiting to install. 

It shouldn't be a lack of space, right? How large is the add-on pack?

0 Kudos

/16

shawnld101

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shawnld101
Accepted Solution
Alright. I downloaded the complete motor storm rc game for vita and it has downloaded the file is is still waiting to install. Some one help me!?!?!
0 Kudos

/16

Rockzilla666

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rockzilla666
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem - my vita was purchased in singapore, but my PSN account is English, (the game is also an asia version) ... the online pass doesnt work either...so I guess this is the problem - makes sense.

Shame I was looking forward to playing this, but I wont be buying a second vita just to do so.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Could always sell the game and buy an English (UK) version of the game? ;)
0 Kudos

/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dreamcatcher4891
Accepted Solution

I have exactly the same problem. I have a US version of the game, a UK PSN account, and the online pass doesn't work because of that.

I also payed a tenner for the HD Fury bundle, but did this before realising that my online pass doesn't work. As a result, i am unable to download it, and i am £10 down.

What i would like to know is, if i were to flog the game on eBay and bought a UK edition instead, would the UK online pass inside the box unlock my HD Fury content that i'm currently unable to download?

OR

If i bought a UK online pass from the Playstation Store, would it unlock the HD Fury content i bought even though my copy of the game is US?

I'm so confused.....any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Anything you purchased on your UK account will be made available if you use a UK game card/download from the store.

The US game will never work with the UK content.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel