03 Jul 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Just bought Wipeout 2048 Fury Complete Game for PS Vita...and it won't install!

15 Replies 3,598 Views Created 03-07-2012

Subject says it all really. I read carefully that the Wipeout Fury Complete Game Pack was made for the PS Vita. I downloaded it on my Vita. However, it won't install.

I've tried downloading different versions, but when I check my download list, some cannot be downloaded by PS Vita and some can. Wipeout HD and Wipeout Fury HD can be downloaded but won't install.

Please let me know how to fix this because I'm currently 10 quid down and not impressed with my first experience of the Playstation Network.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16 (3,598 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Just bought Wipeout 2048 Fury Complete Game for PS Vita...and it won't install!

if memory serves, don't you just have to launch the game? the DLC should be installed then. It threw me a few times as well

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16 (3,588 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Just bought Wipeout 2048 Fury Complete Game for PS Vita...and it won't install!

No, it won't install - it downloads the files, but won't create a icon. I thought at first that I'd just bought an add-on without having the original game. But the Fury game pack includes the original game as well. But neither will install.

I tried installing the demo, thinking I could then upgrade to the main game for free as I'd already bought it. The demo installed and ran, but didn't recognise that I'd already purchased the game.

Frustrating and expensive!

Any ideas anyone?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16 (3,564 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

dragonpumpkin wrote:

Subject says it all really. I read carefully that the Wipeout Fury Complete Game Pack was made for the PS Vita. I downloaded it on my Vita. However, it won't install.

I've tried downloading different versions, but when I check my download list, some cannot be downloaded by PS Vita and some can. Wipeout HD and Wipeout Fury HD can be downloaded but won't install.

Please let me know how to fix this because I'm currently 10 quid down and not impressed with my first experience of the Playstation Network.

Hi dragonpumpkin,

This sounds a bit mixed up here.

WipeOut 2048 is the Vita only game, WipeOut HD/Fury is strictly PS3 only. Therefore HD/Fury will not work on the PlayStation Vita.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16 (3,560 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/19/get-those-engines-ready-wipeout-hd-and-fury-expansion-pack... - u bought the full game of wipeout hd fury and there are ADD ONS for the vita version but u will need wipeout 2048 to play the collection on the vita. ( p.s. the website i put there may explain for u?)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16 (3,554 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the help, that makes sense. Very misleading from the Playstation store - I checked for a 'You need ______ in order to play this game.' and there wasn't one, just a PSVita compatible note.

Money grabbing tossers, I either fork out an extra 30 quid or write off the 10. Not amused.

But anyway, thanks again for the help and the link, appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16 (3,528 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i am finding my original wipeout hd ps3 version won't install either - it seems to think its a ps vita game now, but the vita does not recognise it!

any fixes?

do have to unassociate my vita with my ps3 system to get it to 'reset itself'

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16 (2,686 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Can anyone help me out? I'm having a similar problem here.

I have Wipeout 2048 and I've bought the HD and Fury Expansion packs but they won't install to the Vita. I have the card in the Vita the whole time, but after downloading they just say 'Waiting to install' and then never do... :-(

I've fired up the game itself, turned the system off and on again, tapped at the little notification message forever and a day and nothing. They just sit there, waiting to install. 

It shouldn't be a lack of space, right? How large is the add-on pack?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16 (2,653 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Alright. I downloaded the complete motor storm rc game for vita and it has downloaded the file is is still waiting to install. Some one help me!?!?!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16 (2,439 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem - my vita was purchased in singapore, but my PSN account is English, (the game is also an asia version) ... the online pass doesnt work either...so I guess this is the problem - makes sense.

Shame I was looking forward to playing this, but I wont be buying a second vita just to do so.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16 (2,355 Views)
0 Kudos