By hOAx2000

hOAx2000

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Low sound through headphone port on Vita?

29 Replies 3,576 Views Created 24-02-2012

I love my vita to bits, the only gripe I have is the headphones (Im using the special pre order ones) Now at first I thought it may be the headphones but putting them into the iPhone makes them twice as loud then I though that AVLS option must be on which it wasnt, then I put the Vita on my car stereo and I had to double the volume on the stereo than normal to get it to the same level as say my iPhone .

I cant explain how it sounds, Its like perfect quality but just that little bit too low. 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
If you've got a pair of them, then kudos! I could never have headphones last that long!
0 Kudos

Re: Low sound through headphone port on Vita?

/16

AlexAtkinUK

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

I used to think the Sony Groove earphones were good, then I got some Sennheisers.

Then again, some people still insist the iPod headphones are anything but complete tinny flat garbage.  Hell, some people buy earphones from poundland, the poor souls.

/16

Codey47

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Codey47
Accepted Solution

strangeplaice wrote:
If you've got a pair of them, then kudos! I could never have headphones last that long!

They died many moons ago...Currently have a pair of Denon AH-C751's with comply foam tips.

0 Kudos

Playstation Revamped

Jesus Teabagged Me
/16

EonDreams

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EonDreams
Accepted Solution

i have beats and they still sound low on the vita

0 Kudos

/16

TINTINTB303

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TINTINTB303
Accepted Solution

EonDreams wrote:

i have beats and they still sound low on the vita

That is because Beats headphones are absolutely awful!

They cost a fortune but do not deliver at all!

Get a pair of Sennheisers, Denon or Pioneer headphones.

Hell, buy anything, even the poundland headphones are better than bloody Beats (maybe that's going a bit too far but you get the point :smileywink:)

0 Kudos

/16

bran_done_269

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bran_done_269
Accepted Solution

People who know anything, know there are headphones that amplify sound, thats not the issue. The problem lies with the "systems" poor volume. Most people would rather not have to wear headphones every time they want to listen to music. Some may want to sit it down and shuffle while they talk with their friends. Most people would rather play a videogame without wearing headphones for the plain and simple fact that you really shouldnt have to. If they can make a speaker the size of my palm blast surround sound, high quality audio, then they are totally able to make the volume loud enough that I can at least make out what they are saying without pressing the damn thing against my face like im about to make a phone call.

All we can do is hope they get it right with a firmware update, or we may have to wait until the next PS handheld. 

0 Kudos

/16

JudgeFredd

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JudgeFredd
Accepted Solution

hOAx2000 wrote:

I love my vita to bits, the only gripe I have is the headphones (Im using the special pre order ones) Now at first I thought it may be the headphones but putting them into the iPhone makes them twice as loud then I though that AVLS option must be on which it wasnt, then I put the Vita on my car stereo and I had to double the volume on the stereo than normal to get it to the same level as say my iPhone .

I cant explain how it sounds, Its like perfect quality but just that little bit too low. 

This is because of EU law, manufacturers have to limit music players and stuff to protect hearing but Sony tend to limit their volume a little lower than what they need to. You can override the EU volume limit on Sony MP3 players but I'm not sure if you can do it with the Vita.
0 Kudos

/16

SamWar296

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SamWar296
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem. The music and games on the vita have terribly soft audio. I hope that sony adresses this with a firmware update, because it is frustrating. It is not the headphones it is the system. I own some bose headphones and it is frustrating not getting good sound out of them. I have also tried the iphone and some skullcandy earphones and the result is the same.

0 Kudos

/16

DeadChaos

91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DeadChaos
Accepted Solution
Sorry but don't think I will buy headphones that cost more than the vita itself. I only use them when not at home.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel