Hey man, I know it's a little late for the advice but I had the same problem. But there is a better solution.
Here is the chain of events for everyone's future reference:
1) generally when trying to download something (an update or game, etc.) the system will appear to just hang or take forever with no visible progress (or no download indicator circles).
2) you hit cancel to back out of the download and are brought back to the home menu screen.
3) you hold down the power button and the standard "power off" button appears on screen.
4) At this point the entire system appears unresponsive, the touch screen does not respond, the screen is on but will not let you power off of tapping the the button on screen, the PS button stays lit blue.
5) pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds or more does nothing.
6) attempting Hard Reset (holding power, PS and R) appears to do nothing.
7) and then the screen appears to turn off (as if in standby mode) but the PS button stays lit blue.
AT THIS POINT TRY TO STAY CALM AND DO THIS:
1) hold the power button, PS Button, and R bumper simultaneously for 20 seconds.
2) wait 10 seconds
3) hold the power button only for at least 20 seconds
4) You should see the PS logo appear on screen and enter the safe restart menu
5) select RESTART
6) breathe easy, your PS Vita survived.
REMEMBER: This just takes a little time. Wait for the screen to go black, and then wait a minute or two before trying this solution. All I can say is that it worked for me, I hope it works for you if you find yourself in this situation.
hi guys i have ps vita only wifi thou, it wont install some usb driver on my windows 7 basic laptop, also tried using blue tooth now the screen is blank and a solid blue ps light is on. the power button does nothing can some one please help. its not even a day old.
ok so this ps vita is not mine im attempting to get it into the recovery mode for a littlw boy tha\t lives near me. ive been trying for 2 days.
i fully charged it. he says it fell and since it fell it is just black screen blue light. i cant get into the recovery mode. i hold dwn the power button till it gets into the blue light expecting it to go into recovery mode after 30 seconds but it wont or it doesnt.
i urn it on and wait till the blue light says lit let go of the power button then i hold for 30 seconds the blue light just flashes and turn off in 8 seconds i still hold for 30 no response.
i try to ps r and power reset still nothing it has a crqck on the screen too i dont want to try my ps to see if i can get into recovery mode im scared to do something to mine.
ive been researching and researching all the intructions i read and try nothing happens
can u help or tell me something else to try. he is a kid really misses his game.
My ps vita is really giving me a hard time,First is started messing up whenever it enter sleep mode and i turn it off it and the blue light it still on so i usually press the power botton for some seconds and it enter safe mode and i restart it and that it always turn on again and today i updated my game to the lastest software which was 3.00 and it downloaded the update and show it would restart and install the new software and after it about to restart it went out and never pop up again and i left it for some minute hoping it would show up and it never show up,I press the power botton down for some second and it was able to enter the safe mode but to my surprise it was only two option that i was able to stroll to which was to restart the ps vita sytem and to update the system and when i click to restart the ps vita system the blue light was indicating it was trying to turn on but the screen is just blank and i really need help on this please
- Select a Language