06 Jun 2012

Playstation Staff

My computer won't install my Vita!

9 Replies 1,325 Views Created 06-06-2012

My computer recognises the Vita, but the installment always fails. I can't access the Content Manager. Anybody else got this problem and resolved it?

Also my Vita installs and works fine on my friends computer..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (1,325 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: My computer won't install my Vita!

Post the specs for the PC, that won't install the Content manager assistant.

Then so one else might be able to fault find your PC.     

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (1,321 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the same issue, my Vita is recognised as having a connection to my laptop but will not link to the Content Manager Assistant, I have spoken to Sony who tell me the problem lies with the laptop while Samsung tell me the problem lies with Sony, good to see two big companies blame each other rather than look for a solution.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (1,287 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Colajr wrote:

I have the same issue, my Vita is recognised as having a connection to my laptop but will not link to the Content Manager Assistant, I have spoken to Sony who tell me the problem lies with the laptop while Samsung tell me the problem lies with Sony, good to see two big companies blame each other rather than look for a solution.

What OS are you using, and do you have the latest service packs for it? Has the Vita connection to your laptop worked ok in the past?

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (1,268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Windows (XP, seriously get this upgraded), Vista and 7 should be able to install the program. However you should make sure you have the latest software by running Windows Update.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (1,253 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am running Windows 7 sp1 all upto date as of 19th July. My laptop knows when I connect the Vita and CMA installs but when I try to connect the two using Content Manager Assistant I just keep getting the message on the Vita telling me to install CMA, there is nothing wrong with the Vita and the USB lead is ok as all working on a different PC running Vista, and also this has never worked on my laptop running windows7 and following a conversation with Samsung they are saying there is no reason they can see why this problem is happening, I think that's everything thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (1,239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Colajr wrote:

I am running Windows 7 sp1 all upto date as of 19th July. My laptop knows when I connect the Vita and CMA installs but when I try to connect the two using Content Manager Assistant I just keep getting the message on the Vita telling me to install CMA, there is nothing wrong with the Vita and the USB lead is ok as all working on a different PC running Vista, and also this has never worked on my laptop running windows7 and following a conversation with Samsung they are saying there is no reason they can see why this problem is happening, I think that's everything thanks.

This is astrange one as it should be working with the Windows 7 OS. Its not the cable as you say the PC does actually recognise when the Vita is plugged in.

It could be that the Vita is not recognising the Content Manager, in which case its a problem from the units side perhaps? Are you in a postition to try the Vita connected to another PC or laptop to test if that makes and difference, then we may be able to narrow it down.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (1,230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

It may be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. Have you made sure the application is running? It should start automatically and display an icon in the system tray, but you may have something installed to disable this.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (1,228 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Not a stupid question at all but yes It was/is running. I have today spent a good deal of time trying various things including running it again on a different laptop (running Vista) which although was successful it did take a few attempts with no obvious cause as to why, I think maybe I will start from the beginning tomorrow in case I have missed anything however small in the meantime all suggestions welcome.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (1,218 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It appears the problem was with the Vita driver. On the Devices and Printers page when I connected the Vita to the laptop it would show the Vita as present then drop out so I managed, when the Vita was displayed, to uninstall the vita driver, then when you next plug the Vita on, Windows automatically installs the driver, although I did have to go through this whole process twice as the first time It didn't install properly, why i don't know, but everything works great now.

I hope this will help others...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (1,205 Views)
0 Kudos