Level 1

Re: 'Near' not working

Same as the rest of you guys. I have done a complete system restore twice, with no joy.

Viva le 3ds.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 241 of 480 (486 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Happy days,near works in telford,and maps has my location down to 50feet woop
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 242 of 480 (461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

did they pull gps from both models at the last minute perchance.. like they pulled bc from ps3 at launch. there is no reason for near not to be spot on on 3g model if it has gps. Sony if you have misled us again i am going to make a deal of it

I have 3g model

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 243 of 480 (442 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

existenz1 wrote:

did they pull gps from both models at the last minute perchance.. like they pulled bc from ps3 at launch. there is no reason for near not to be spot on on 3g model if it has gps. Sony if you have misled us again i am going to make a deal of it

I have 3g model

My PS3 had bc at launch.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 244 of 480 (424 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Why are people resetting their Vita's. The mods have said there is an issue and Sony are looking into it. It's obvious it's a widespread issue so is more than likely software related, even firmware related.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 245 of 480 (422 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

@TKC-Muzzer be that as it may, Near wasn't working for me, I did a factory reset, and it has been working for the past 24 hours.  But as I've said before, there's more than one issue going on here - my Vita had no problem locating itself, it just couldn't upload the data to the PSN.  It may be that those people who are suffering the 'can't find location' problem are NOT helped by a reset.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 246 of 480 (420 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

I couldn't obtain a location on mine til yesterday. I added my location to Skyhook 3 days ago then yesterday I walked all around my house trying to find my location on Near and finally got it to work. It only works in my bathroom of all places, but it works every single time I take the Vita in there to update. Last night I took it out for a drive and when I got home I updated it and got a whole bunch of info from the trip and some game presents.

Not sure if my settings make any dif but I have Bluetooth off, and every setting in Near is set to on.

Also I have wi-fi version.

Anyway just thought I'd share in case it helps anyone else.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 247 of 480 (404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Still nothing for me. Maps, nada, Near nada, Photo's ditto.

Ggggrrrr.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 248 of 480 (350 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

I have a slightly different issue...

Near works, it finds me on the map (well, showing as next door, but close enough :smileyhappy:)

However - when doing the out and about radar thing, it is convinced that I'm "not sharing my online ID" - despite me having the "share online ID" option ticked.

Any ideas?

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 249 of 480 (303 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

[ Edited ]

I think lots of people here are having different issues here and not sure which help applies to them. Here's what I think is the story so far:

Near being unable to locate you on WiFi only, can sometimes be resolved by Skyhooks as they register the location of your wifi router on the system that wifi locating works with.

Near being unable to locate using a 3G system with 3G only, can be due to poor reception or your location if you live in the back of beyond, in a tunnel or indoors without wifi.

Those who can't open the application or other apps for that matter may be able to fix by a reboot, reset, restore cycle. (Like on another mobile device).

The "An error has occurred" error after obtaining location information went away for me after a restore and I disabled updating location automatically in case the issue is the queuing of updates.

As far as makes sense, Bluetooth should be irrelevant as it often has trouble locating a headset 10cm away, and isn't used for location data as far as I know. Also, you don't need to go outside to obtain location data unless you live in a lead lined house or an enormous manor. Help any?

*restore involves similar steps to the PS3 restore where you must supply an update file from the interwebz to update to the current or latest version of PSVita firmware in recovery mode.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 250 of 480 (302 Views)
0 Kudos