Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: 'Near' not working

Got mine to work. Once maps can obtain a location and if near gives an error, do a restore and it should work. Also beforehand do a trophy sync and you will not lose anything. The only annoying thing is I have to delete tales from space and stardust to get the unlock buttons off the live area. They still work fine but whatever.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 271 of 481 (1,788 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I manage to got my "Near" to work. Used my SE Ray as mobile wi-fi spot and my Vita finaly started to get coordinates and even work as compass in Map app even thru 3G and not thru android phone. 

But now there's another problem. "You not share your network ID" I checked all settings -- Near settings, parent controls and SEN privacy settings. Still doesn't work! Any help? Does this function require memory card installed, because I'm still waiting for one?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 272 of 481 (1,739 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Oh, wait. Now I get it. I played Vita training game and I can see information abot this event on my map. With my Online ID.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 273 of 481 (1,731 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

So, I managed to get my wi-fi Vita to find my location (after adding my access point to the Skyhook database), but now I have a different problem. My out-and-about history can only pick up data from my own Vita. The player count increases by 5 each time, and the out-and-about chart only shows games that I've played. This means I can't 'discover' new players or games (and probably not game gifts either).

The radar works just fine, however. It finds a few nearby players, and touching one of their avatars shows games they've played recently. The issue is that they're not being added to the charts, or game discoveries.

Maybe it's because when my Vita syncs from the same spot, it doesn't delete my previous sync data from the servers, and the previous data just adds up.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 274 of 481 (1,664 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

An interesting, but very annoying thing I've discovered is that the mobile hotspot address changes (should've known)...I tried it at work and nothing...tried it when I got home and it works again. I wonder if the android app from SkyHook can figure out WiFi access points so I can add these spots.

On the plus side, I picked up a new location to or from work, and that filled in a portion of the compass until I synced again.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 275 of 481 (1,591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have come to some conclutions... yesterday i went to a friends house and in a 4 floor building, near, maps and photo locations worked just perfect. it located in 2/3 secunds...

In my house, just 8-10 kms away... i just cant get a fix on my location... i have to get outside and it locates me 30 kms away!

In my freinds house it was impossible for it to get a gps fix in 2/3 secunds in doors. and we didnt added is router's MAC to skyhook... so i think the problem must be in the port's that diferent routers must have open for this apps to work correctly!

What do you guys think?

p.s. sorry about my english, im from portugal!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 276 of 481 (1,435 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I hoped the maintenance will fix "An error has occurred." How wrong was I.

Doing a system restore without guarantee it won't happen again isn't really an option for me. This and NP-2244-2 (which still isn't fixed by now) made me feel a bit irritated bout my Vita honestly.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 277 of 481 (1,398 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I picked up a 3G PS Vita today - everything is fine except for the 'Near' feature. I tried it with both using Wifi and 3G and in both cases I get an error saying that the data cannot be retreived.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 278 of 481 (1,370 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Welcome to the club :Wink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 279 of 481 (1,315 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

X-Spitfire wrote:

I hoped the maintenance will fix "An error has occurred." How wrong was I.

Doing a system restore without guarantee it won't happen again isn't really an option for me. This and NP-2244-2 (which still isn't fixed by now) made me feel a bit irritated bout my Vita honestly.

Why is doing a system restore without guarantee not an option? Sync trohpies, deactivate, restore, reactivate, test. For the WiFi versions, if you can get located using Maps and get an error on Near, restoring will most likely fix it.

If you can't be located, go to skyhook, find your APs MAC address using the programs they suggested, and register your AP through them.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 280 of 481 (1,222 Views)
0 Kudos