Playstation Staff

Re: 'Near' not working

Having the same problem as most of the people in this thread.  I only have the WiFi version and I can't get Near, or Maps, or even Photos and Foursquare to work.  Kept telling me that the "location data could not be obtained".  I've tried everything I could think of and I had tried connecting from both my workplace and at home.  I even tried walking around outside of our house to see if it would work, but it didn't.

I've been checking the forums and searching through google to see if there is already an actual, universal working fix for this but, at the moment, na-da.

I hope Sony fixes this problem soon since this is one of the selling point of the Vita (for me, at least).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 221 of 481 (936 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Several days after regestering my MAC address on Skyhook, and after a PS Vita restore, It still doesn't work. Will try in a few days again to see.

Sony is really dropping the ball here.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 222 of 481 (922 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I would recommend doing a restore, mine was saying that and it worked after i did one

@ pin pin ire

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 223 of 481 (893 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I was in Warrington last night and Near worked for the second time since release.
Come no Sony something official would be nice, co op on unit 13 won't be much fun at this rate will it lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 224 of 481 (877 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Restored and checked. The list of pending uploads is gone and it appears to work. I've disabled automatically obtaining location info and auto refresh for near to see if that helps
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 225 of 481 (857 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have restored twice, and still Near and Maps don't work.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 226 of 481 (771 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I tried a few different locations today. This is what I got.

Mums house. 4 miles away, in the country side. Near works fine. Maps works fine.

Brothers house. Less than 1 mile from me, in town. Near works fine. Maps doesn't work.

My house, also within town. Near works sometimes after 5 goes standing outside the house. Maps doesn't work.

My house has the best internet connection out of the 3 to. I'm not sure if it's the Home Hub 3 causing issue. Or that the app is random. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 227 of 481 (748 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

I think it'd be a nice idea if Sony were to allow a group of people to test these sort of apps, their features and stuff in future :smileyhappy: Like a beta focus group hybrid thing. :smileytongue:

I've tested over 69km today and it seems okay. I've not had any problems since I disabled "Obtain location automatically at regular intervals" and "turn on near automatic location updates".

Another thing though not related to the bug, apparently 2 people near me are playing "PCSF00090". No idea what it is though.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 228 of 481 (637 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I hope they fixed it
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 229 of 481 (449 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I've had problems with Near/Maps since the 15th. Updated Skyhook multiple times with multiple local locations and now maps seems to work fine with my wifi, and I also went ahead and tagged my mobile hotspot to the same location, which also works.

Now my problem is Near. At some point it gathered some location info, but when it tries to use it, gives back an error. Now that my wifi can be located, Near still can't find me, uses the old data and gives me an error. I'm wary about restoring it, does it just restore it to the way it was when I first turned it on? Do you think this will fix it? Anything I should be worried about happening?

Also what is with the blue circle that fills up around the Near compass thing you press? It's about 3/4 the way around now...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 230 of 481 (433 Views)
0 Kudos