11 Mar 2012
By fiji05

Playstation Staff

Noise, touchscreen works, but I have a blank screen!

9 Replies 1,487 Views Created 11-03-2012

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I am having trouble with my son's Vita.

When I turn on the Vita everything is normal except the screen is blank as though it has not been turned on. It has sound (theme music playing in the background and the touchscreen is working. I know the touchscreen is working as it is making the noises when I touch the icons where I think they are and when I close each page with the corner swipe motion. I have turned the console off normally and also by holding the power button down for 30secs, but still I am having the same problem. I would be very appreciative if anybody had a solution!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (1,487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Noise, touchscreen works, but I have a blank screen!

can you take it back to where you bought it from? sounds like a faulty Vita...
Now Playing: Wipeout 2048 - MGS HD Collection - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (1,484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Might be that the wire inside between the screen has been disconnect. You might want to ask your son if he dropped it on the ground. If not i would take it back.

Owns a Xbox 360 S 250Gb, Playstation Vita Wifi w/ 4gb card, Lg optimus p920 3d.
Current Games playing (Xbox 360: Call Of Duty Mw3, Ps Vita: Uncharted Golden Abyss, Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (1,481 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Mine has the same problem and yes i did drop it abit but nothing serious it was still working the night before now everything works but the screen is blank touchscreen and all

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (1,417 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

if it has been dropped,well thats that.sorry to be so blunt.but the vita is an expensive bit of kit.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (1,409 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Well i found out what the problem was i dont know exactly how to say it but the screen on the inside not the outside is cracked a bit so i guess i need a new lcd i think

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (1,368 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem but I never dropped it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (1,330 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same problem here. What can I do? Can it be fixed?

Thanx!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (1,104 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Vainglorious wrote:

Mine has the same problem and yes i did drop it abit but nothing serious it was still working the night before now everything works but the screen is blank touchscreen and all

If it was working the night before you dropped it and now its not then I think its fair to summise that the drop has caused some damage sadly.

I have dropped my PSP and its survived unscathed, but there is a lot more jammed into the only slightly larger Vita, so I don't think there is much room to spare inside.

I have noticed that playing my Vita from cold, as it warms up it makes some disconcerting crick/creak noises.  Kind of like a TV makes (when you switch it off and they cool down).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (1,096 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

My brother's vita is having the exact issue, turns on with the music and I'm able to scroll through the pages but nothing is visible on screen, just stays black. Me and my brother both got our vitas at the same time and mine is working fine, what is best to do? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (538 Views)
0 Kudos