42%
02 Rank
Progress

PS VITA NOT CHARGING

20 Replies 15,291 Views Created 26-07-2013
26 Jul 2013
By debu7058
Hi
I bought a Ps vita wifi a month ago. Everything was working fine but I did not use it for a week and turned it off. Yesterday when I switched it on it had about 20% battery left. But when I tried to charge, it did not respond. I tried charging it via usb but there was no response though in both occasion the orange light came up for about two minutes and went off but there was no sign of charging. I let the battery die by playing for a minutes and the vita turned off. Now when I am charging it there is no orange light blinking even after charging it via power adapter for over 30 minutes and via usb as well. Please suggest a solution as the vita can not be switched on now.
Thanks
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrappyNukem

88%
03 Rank
Progress
CrappyNukem
Accepted Solution

Try to start the vita in Safe Mode while it is plugged in. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3735/~/ps-vita-safe-mode

If that won't start even in safe mode, you should send it for a repair or change if your warranty is still avalable. I think your battery died and needs to be replaced.

0 Kudos

Re: PS VITA NOT CHARGING

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

Try holding power for 30 seconds whilst connected to AC. That should force it to boot into regular or safe mode.

Should that fail then you need to call Customer Support for further assistance :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

msailg

32%
02 Rank
Progress
msailg
Accepted Solution

I have had this problem as well, the only solution I founs was to remove the back, disconnect the battery connector, re-connect and then it worked fine.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Otherside-1

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Otherside-1
Accepted Solution
Hello,

I see, here's the problems, its your USB cable or Psvita charger input. Try or borrow someones charger and check if its working or not, if nopt then you need to return your vita from the store and get new one.

Regards.
0 Kudos

life's movin

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

finny2191

25%
02 Rank
Progress
finny2191
Accepted Solution

Hi, i am having a charging issue.. i have some amount of charge left in my vita. i have tried it charging via computer as well as power cord. nthing is working. the orange light comes up for 2 seconds and then nthing..! at times no orange light comes up.. its having this problem for months nw. i keep tring and once in a while it charges, once i use the charge and try charging again, this same problem happens... im sure my vita logo is facing up and the usb charging option is ticked and my ps vita is turned completely off when im charging... hope sony takes this as a serious issue and make some free replacement or repairs for such customers..! im so disappointed...!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
I'd suggest borrowing a friends cable and trying to charge it that way.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sandyrokr

24%
02 Rank
Progress
sandyrokr
Accepted Solution

I am facing the same problem with my Vita. It doesn't charge at all. Have you got your Vita replaced or repaired??

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SomeAnon

55%
02 Rank
Progress
SomeAnon
Accepted Solution

I had this problem before as I am a new owner too, if you guys can notice the cable that connects to the VITA can be plugged in both ways (no difference between top and bottom). Seems like a design fault.

Make sure the Playstation Logo is visible when it pulled in, this indicates it's plugged in correctly, it won't charge if it's connected the other way.

When plugged in correctly the button below left thumb stick will light up orange indicating that it is charging.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Your Vita must have a different plug in the bottom :S Mine only goes in with the PS logo visible.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

minidiscrules

24%
02 Rank
Progress
minidiscrules
Accepted Solution

HI

Thanks I just got my PS Vita today (yahoo) . I had the cable plug in upside down, Make sure you see the playstation logo. The cable easily slides in both ways, but if it is in the (wrong) way eg. upside down it will not charge. Thanks for your help. I got the vita for $180.00 canadian plus tax plus $20 for the MANDATORY memory card. So far so good.

minidiscrules

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

minidiscrules

24%
02 Rank
Progress
minidiscrules
Accepted Solution
I just got my vita and did not know the cable can be put in upside down, check that you have the cable with the playstation logo facing up so that you see it when it is plugged in. I did not know this.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

debu7058

42%
02 Rank
Progress
debu7058
Accepted Solution
The reason that I bought the vita from USA and I live in India when I contacted sony support they said the vita can be replaced with a discounted price. I further asked them about the discounted cost and replacement procedure. Waiting for their reply.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
They may refuse to replace it as it's imported though it sounds like they're offering you an out of warranty replacement. Good luck!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

brianmini

90%
04 Rank
Progress
brianmini
Accepted Solution
Search is your friend! :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Techies21

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Techies21
Accepted Solution
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS-Vita-not-charging-FIX/td-p/41488101

Please follow that link. I've posted what exactly I did to bring my vita back to life.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Moodypig

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Moodypig
Accepted Solution

if not in warranty unscrew back of vita unplug battery plug then snap  back onto connector. Connector beside is for memory card take out memory card first if memory card connector comes off could corrupt memory card dosen't get read by vita can't format it either. My vita didn't work for a week till i tried this voila good as new both connectors snap on will flash orange then  a steady orange hope this helps

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

catwarrior1987

21%
02 Rank
Progress
catwarrior1987
Accepted Solution
My PS Vita Wasn't Charging Either, But I Found The Problem. It Will Probably Fix Yours Too. The Problem Is Most Likely The Charger Itself. The Ps Vita Came With A Very Long Charger And The Problem With Mine Was That Box Thing In The Middle The Connects The Plug Cord AndThe USB Cord. Used My Old Box Thing And It Worked. I'm Not Sure If It'll Work But I Hope It Does.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BoomDots

33%
02 Rank
Progress
BoomDots
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

PS VITA NOT CHARGING

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BoomDots

33%
02 Rank
Progress
BoomDots
Accepted Solution

Try opening your charging adaptor in case it has any liquids the liquids can cause a major problem.Or try gatting a new psvita charging cable and charge it maybe that will work. 

Good Luck!

0 Kudos

PS VITA NOT CHARGING

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
22%
02 Rank
Progress
Al3xand3rDaGr810
Accepted Solution
True, l live in the U.S.A and l had the same problem about my charger not working and my was a little bit differrent. When l tried to shut it off it just showed me a loading screen and didnt turn off until eight hours and l only had 40% of battery left on my PS vita system.Then my applications got very lets say.....a bit glitchy for about a good 15 minutes. My killzone mercenary application turned yellow and other applications multicolored.I have playstation vita model 2000 known as slim and actually had some experience with model 1000.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel