PS Vita Support

PS Vita Support

26 Jul 2013
By: debu7058

4 Posts

PS VITA NOT CHARGING

16 Replies 4832 Views Created 26-07-2013
Hi
I bought a Ps vita wifi a month ago. Everything was working fine but I did not use it for a week and turned it off. Yesterday when I switched it on it had about 20% battery left. But when I tried to charge, it did not respond. I tried charging it via usb but there was no response though in both occasion the orange light came up for about two minutes and went off but there was no sign of charging. I let the battery die by playing for a minutes and the vita turned off. Now when I am charging it there is no orange light blinking even after charging it via power adapter for over 30 minutes and via usb as well. Please suggest a solution as the vita can not be switched on now.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (4,832 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: PS VITA NOT CHARGING

[ Edited ]

Try to start the vita in Safe Mode while it is plugged in. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3735/~/ps-vita-safe-mode

If that won't start even in safe mode, you should send it for a repair or change if your warranty is still avalable. I think your battery died and needs to be replaced.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (4,828 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Try holding power for 30 seconds whilst connected to AC. That should force it to boot into regular or safe mode.

Should that fail then you need to call Customer Support for further assistance :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (4,811 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hello,

I see, here's the problems, its your USB cable or Psvita charger input. Try or borrow someones charger and check if its working or not, if nopt then you need to return your vita from the store and get new one.

Regards.
life's movin
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (4,800 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi, i am having a charging issue.. i have some amount of charge left in my vita. i have tried it charging via computer as well as power cord. nthing is working. the orange light comes up for 2 seconds and then nthing..! at times no orange light comes up.. its having this problem for months nw. i keep tring and once in a while it charges, once i use the charge and try charging again, this same problem happens... im sure my vita logo is facing up and the usb charging option is ticked and my ps vita is turned completely off when im charging... hope sony takes this as a serious issue and make some free replacement or repairs for such customers..! im so disappointed...!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (4,782 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

I'd suggest borrowing a friends cable and trying to charge it that way.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (4,757 Views)
0 Kudos

I am facing the same problem with my Vita. It doesn't charge at all. Have you got your Vita replaced or repaired??

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (4,738 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I had this problem before as I am a new owner too, if you guys can notice the cable that connects to the VITA can be plugged in both ways (no difference between top and bottom). Seems like a design fault.

Make sure the Playstation Logo is visible when it pulled in, this indicates it's plugged in correctly, it won't charge if it's connected the other way.

When plugged in correctly the button below left thumb stick will light up orange indicating that it is charging.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (4,731 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Your Vita must have a different plug in the bottom :smileyfrustrated: Mine only goes in with the PS logo visible.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (4,727 Views)
0 Kudos

The reason that I bought the vita from USA and I live in India when I contacted sony support they said the vita can be replaced with a discounted price. I further asked them about the discounted cost and replacement procedure. Waiting for their reply.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (4,723 Views)
0 Kudos