06 May 2013
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS VITA web browser issue, redirecting to mobile sites.

2 Replies 1,241 Views Created 06-05-2013

How can i stop this?

What i mean is, whenever i enter a site like youtube.com it redirects me to a mobile version of it m.youtube.com, which is pointless as PS VITA has a full fledged web browser, and i know i can use the Youtube app but this also includes other sites with mobile versions.

Plus there the recent video streaming update for it making the youtube app not necessary.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (1,241 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: PS VITA web browser issue, redirecting to mobile sites.

The Vita hasn't got a fully fledged web browser and is susceptible to hitting it's memory limit fairly easily on larger sites, that's why it lacks a "Desktop Mode"

The YouTube app is necessary and indeed brilliant as you can use it for higher quality video, access your account in a Vita friendly manner and use the whole site without closing your current game which isn't the case on the web browser.
Message 2 of 3 (1,238 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PS VITA web browser issue, redirecting to mobile sites.

strangeplaice wrote:
The Vita hasn't got a fully fledged web browser and is susceptible to hitting it's memory limit fairly easily on larger sites, that's why it lacks a "Desktop Mode"

The YouTube app is necessary and indeed brilliant as you can use it for higher quality video, access your account in a Vita friendly manner and use the whole site without closing your current game which isn't the case on the web browser.

This is true, the web browser uses a limited amount of memory when compared to a normal browser therefore there are limitations.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (1,219 Views)
0 Kudos