06 May 2013
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS VITA web browser issue, redirecting to mobile sites.

2 Replies 1,157 Views Created 06-05-2013

How can i stop this?

What i mean is, whenever i enter a site like youtube.com it redirects me to a mobile version of it m.youtube.com, which is pointless as PS VITA has a full fledged web browser, and i know i can use the Youtube app but this also includes other sites with mobile versions.

Plus there the recent video streaming update for it making the youtube app not necessary.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (1,157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: PS VITA web browser issue, redirecting to mobile sites.

The Vita hasn't got a fully fledged web browser and is susceptible to hitting it's memory limit fairly easily on larger sites, that's why it lacks a "Desktop Mode"

The YouTube app is necessary and indeed brilliant as you can use it for higher quality video, access your account in a Vita friendly manner and use the whole site without closing your current game which isn't the case on the web browser.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (1,154 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PS VITA web browser issue, redirecting to mobile sites.

strangeplaice wrote:
The Vita hasn't got a fully fledged web browser and is susceptible to hitting it's memory limit fairly easily on larger sites, that's why it lacks a "Desktop Mode"

The YouTube app is necessary and indeed brilliant as you can use it for higher quality video, access your account in a Vita friendly manner and use the whole site without closing your current game which isn't the case on the web browser.

This is true, the web browser uses a limited amount of memory when compared to a normal browser therefore there are limitations.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (1,135 Views)
0 Kudos