23 Nov 2012
By TheWren
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

Problem setting up gmail C2-14396-3

4 Replies 7,476 Views Created 23-11-2012

When I try to set up my Vita to access my GMail account I get the error "The informtion you entered is not correct. (C2-14396-3)". 

I've tried enabling IMAP as suggested here  but that hasn't solved it.  I have 2-step verification turned on, so have generated an application specific password for my Vita, but that hasn't worked either.  Has anyone got any suggestions please?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (7,476 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Problem setting up gmail C2-14396-3

Not my personal solution. I found this and tried it and it works!

Log on to Google on your computer. Go to Account > Security > Application Specific Password > Type in desired name > Use generated password in place of main account password on the Vita email application.

Message 2 of 5 (7,461 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I'm still having this problem.  I have 2 step verification and any password I generate results in the same error code C2-14396-3

2 step verification and generating passwords have worked fine for my phone and chrome... just not for the Vita email app.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (7,364 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I just tried the application specific password again and it worked this time.  The only difference was that I entered the password with no spaces.  I'm certain that I entered it correctly the first time (but with spaces).  So try entering the app specific passsword with no spaces if it's still not working for you Scubafinch.

Message 4 of 5 (7,345 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

TheWren wrote:

I just tried the application specific password again and it worked this time.  The only difference was that I entered the password with no spaces.  I'm certain that I entered it correctly the first time (but with spaces).  So try entering the app specific passsword with no spaces if it's still not working for you Scubafinch.

:Thumbs:

It works - enter password with no spaces!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (4,367 Views)
0 Kudos