27 Apr 2013
Playstation Staff

Remote Play Cannot Connect

8 Replies 2,343 Views Created 27-04-2013

Remote play on my Vita used to work for me pretty well a couple of months ago but then it started having problems connecting to my PS3.Trying to fix it I removed the Vita from the Registered Device list on my PS3 and tried to set up the link again.Ever since I removed the Vita from the list,it will no longer connect again and it always gives me error C2-10962-8 when I enter in the number to link the two devices.Can someone please help me out? I am very worried about this because no one else seems to have the same problem as me or have solved it yet.I really don't want to miss it when the update to play any PS3 game on the Vita comes out also.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (2,343 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Remote Play Cannot Connect

SSonic125 wrote:

Remote play on my Vita used to work for me pretty well a couple of months ago but then it started having problems connecting to my PS3.Trying to fix it I removed the Vita from the Registered Device list on my PS3 and tried to set up the link again.Ever since I removed the Vita from the list,it will no longer connect again and it always gives me error C2-10962-8 when I enter in the number to link the two devices.Can someone please help me out? I am very worried about this because no one else seems to have the same problem as me or have solved it yet.I really don't want to miss it when the update to play any PS3 game on the Vita comes out also.

This could be a network related issue potentially, have you tried any troubleshooting e.g. restore default settings on both and try pairing them again for instance?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (2,296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I set both to default settings but not up to the point where all of the content is deleted and it still doesn't work. Is there anything I can try and fix in the router settings that might fix it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (2,290 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

SSonic125 wrote:

I set both to default settings but not up to the point where all of the content is deleted and it still doesn't work. Is there anything I can try and fix in the router settings that might fix it?

Are you resetting the console itself to default settings? That's how it reads..

I  think what RabidWalker meant was to reset remote play on the vita to default, so open remote play up on the vita, then from the bottom right corner bubble, reset it to default.

You should be able to pair them again from scratch then, link

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (2,275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Oran_Gina wrote:

SSonic125 wrote:

Are you resetting the console itself to default settings? That's how it reads..

I  think what RabidWalker meant was to reset remote play on the vita to default, so open remote play up on the vita, then from the bottom right corner bubble, reset it to default.

You should be able to pair them again from scratch then, link

Yep you got it Oran_Gina! do it on the Vita and try re-pairing :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (2,263 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

On my Vita I selected Restore Settings,I don't do Restore the PS Vita System right? Same thing for the PS3,I picked Restore Default Settings instead of Restore PS3 System.

On Remote Play on the Vita I am already back to the first screen again where it tells me how to do all the registering.I would select Next and then it would tell me to enter in my number I see on the PS3. From there I would enter the number and it would say "Registering..." for a while and then tell me that it could not connect. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (2,256 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

On my Vita I selected Restore Settings,I don't do Restore the PS Vita System right? Same thing for the PS3,I picked Restore Default Settings instead of Restore PS3 System.

On Remote Play on the Vita I am already back to the first screen again where it tells me how to do all the registering.I would select Next and then it would tell me to enter in my number I see on the PS3. From there I would enter the number and it would say "Registering..." for a while and then tell me that it could not connect. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (2,224 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Restore PS Vita System will wipe the entire thing blanker than a new cheque book. Restore default settings just wipes the settings. If you have a backup of the Vita, it's probably best just to wipe it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (2,222 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Alright I wiped the PS Vita System with the Restore PS Vita System option and it still says it cannot connect so I guess it is the PS3 with the registering problem? I already restored default settings on the PS3 but not the whole system.

If it helps at all,right when I connect after entering the number on the Vita that shows up on the PS3 during remote play registering,the wifi icon turns off for a couple seconds and then comes back up before it tells me that it couldnt connect.Is it supposed to do that?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (2,166 Views)
0 Kudos