22 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Vita not detecting Memory Card?

35 Replies 10,457 Views Created 22-02-2012

I got my PSVita a day early and everything was working fine until I started getting error codes when trying to launch games and downloads. I tried formatting the memory card and resetting the PSVita system but that didn't help. 

Now the card isn't being read at all. Has anyone else experienced this problem? The advice on the help page is pretty useless and just recommends sending in the Vita for a service >_>.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 36 (10,457 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Vita not detecting Memory Card?

Turn it off then on again, mite work.

pablologo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 36 (10,452 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Done this times about 10 times...you sir are hilarious >_>

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 36 (10,447 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Midgar777 wrote:

Done this times about 10 times...you sir are hilarious >_>

I wasn't doing an IT Crowd :smileyvery-happy: that was genuinely my suggestion. 

pablologo
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 36 (10,430 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Oh right we'll I've tried that already, in fact I've tried pretty much everything I can think of :smileysad:
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 36 (10,421 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hold the ps button down for 30 seconds and the vita will go into it's recovery menu. Select the option the reset to default and try again. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 36 (10,404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Tried that too mate, about 3 times.

It corrected it last night when I tried but then it soon messed up again. I think it's almost definitely the memory card being a faulty one. That would explain the sporadic behaviour and randomness of the whole situation. It doesn't detect it as being inserted which is another reason that points to it being faulty.

I launch Rayman...'this game requires a vita memory card, please insert one' ..... (it's already in haha but meh!)

Oh well requesting a replacement memory card so we'll wait and see. I'll comment back if / when I solve the problem / frisbee my Vita off my balcony.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 36 (10,388 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

hey im having the same problem! 16gb card.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 36 (10,332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

My vita said that the memory card had been removed and it needed to format this one. Had not been taken out turned it off and took out the card replaced it and it worked fine again. Did not want to lose my data on my 32gb card.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 36 (10,289 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi mate I'm having the same problems. How do I go about requesting a new memory card like you ?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 36 (10,160 Views)
0 Kudos