Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 65

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

12 Apr 2012
By existenz1

existenz1

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

1.67 firmware is out

28 Replies 1,136 Views Created 12-04-2012

just sayin. dont know what changes. its not mandatory though atm.

 

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
08
/16

McNeilio

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
fixes a bug in dream club zero apparently
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out


Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
02
/16

kivi95

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kivi95
Accepted Solution
A camera bug to be precisely.

Well atleast we are getting closer to 1.70. Which should be a bit bigger.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

Award Winner
15
/16

Kermit1970

  • Award Winner
  • Online
99%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution
Yep it is bigger. It's .03 bigger
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

02
/16

kivi95

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kivi95
Accepted Solution
1.70 got a zero at the end 0_0.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

Award Winner
15
/16

Kermit1970

  • Award Winner
  • Online
99%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution
1.70-1.67=0.03
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

02
/16

W1ZZA

  • Offline
47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
W1ZZA
Accepted Solution

More like 1.67 *****ed up my PS-Vita and now I need to restore it :Argh:

 

First time I got an error after the reboot.  Second time the damn thing didn;t reboot at all so I had to reboot manaually and now the *****ing thing doesn't alays turn off the blue PS light, tells me my battery life is low when it isn't and from time to time will boot up 'recovery' mode when I turn the console on. It always FAILS to recognise my SIM card!

 

***** off is an understatement.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

02
/16

BlackKnightJP

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution
First of all how do you know it was the firmware update ? It may have been coincidental. Secondly why did you even bother upgrading it when it wasn't even mandatory.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

04
/16

simacca

  • Offline
68%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
simacca
Accepted Solution

BlackKnightJP wrote:
First of all how do you know it was the firmware update ? It may have been coincidental. Secondly why did you even bother upgrading it when it wasn't even mandatory.

 

Some people just like to update their gadgets to have the latest firmware. Even if it's not mandatory!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

02
/16

W1ZZA

  • Offline
47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
W1ZZA
Accepted Solution
Simacca hit nail on head BUT if I didn't update the PS Vita then it wouldn't let me connect to the PS3 to copy my Vita downloads.

After I cleared the error I had to re-download the firmware update because it failed the first time, i.e. that was the reason I got an error. Hence when I had to reboot the console it was because it didn't reboot automatically after downloading firmware 1.67 the second time.

I have contacted Sony Technical Support this morning because after I tried to restore the PS Vita console it just froze and wouldn't do anything. My PS Vita is now sat on the side with the 'Blue Light of Death'. Sony have agreed collect my current console and send out a new one within seven days of collection.

It was not necessarily the firmware that *****ed the console but it was the more the fact that it never installed after it originally downloaded and therefore brought and error up. I didn't make a note of the error number as I assumed it was just a minor issue regarding something else.

Now I have a *****ed PS Vita anyways so one is not a happy chappy. None-the-less it happens to everyone!
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

02
/16

dub_gusset

  • Offline
64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dub_gusset
Accepted Solution
Just a quick question but have you tried holding the power button in for 20 secs and bringing up the background menu which may let you re-boot the vita? I had the same problem and managed to re-boot using this.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

02
/16

W1ZZA

  • Offline
47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
W1ZZA
Accepted Solution

As said in my previous post - I tried to restore my Vita back to factory settings and it failed.

 

This screen pops up most times I turn the unit on now because I have the 'Blue Light Of Death' :)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

02
/16

BlackKnightJP

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution

simacca wrote:

BlackKnightJP wrote:
First of all how do you know it was the firmware update ? It may have been coincidental. Secondly why did you even bother upgrading it when it wasn't even mandatory.

 

Some people just like to update their gadgets to have the latest firmware. Even if it's not mandatory!


That maybe so but when ever you update the firmware you run the risk of issues. Personally I don't update unless it's mandatory or it adds a feature I want. I haven't updated to 1.67 as its not mandatory and doesn't add anything important.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

04
/16

simacca

  • Offline
68%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
simacca
Accepted Solution

BlackKnightJP wrote:

simacca wrote:

BlackKnightJP wrote:
First of all how do you know it was the firmware update ? It may have been coincidental. Secondly why did you even bother upgrading it when it wasn't even mandatory.

 

Some people just like to update their gadgets to have the latest firmware. Even if it's not mandatory!


That maybe so but when ever you update the firmware you run the risk of issues. Personally I don't update unless it's mandatory or it adds a feature I want. I haven't updated to 1.67 as its not mandatory and doesn't add anything important.

 

But you shouldn't have to worry about upgrading your firmware 'in the risk of causing issues', because sony should of ironed any problems out before releasing the update. I thought one of the reasons of this forum is to help people out, not moan at them for upgrading their firmware!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

02
/16

BlackKnightJP

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution

simacca wrote:

BlackKnightJP wrote:

simacca wrote:

BlackKnightJP wrote:
First of all how do you know it was the firmware update ? It may have been coincidental. Secondly why did you even bother upgrading it when it wasn't even mandatory.

 

Some people just like to update their gadgets to have the latest firmware. Even if it's not mandatory!


That maybe so but when ever you update the firmware you run the risk of issues. Personally I don't update unless it's mandatory or it adds a feature I want. I haven't updated to 1.67 as its not mandatory and doesn't add anything important.

 

But you shouldn't have to worry about upgrading your firmware 'in the risk of causing issues', because sony should of ironed any problems out before releasing the update. I thought one of the reasons of this forum is to help people out, not moan at them for upgrading their firmware!


Why would you assume I was moaning when I wasn't. I was just giving my view on the subject and outlying the possible risk. Whether you think so or not there is always a risk when updating firmware. I've updated firmware countless times on countless devices over the years and there have been a few occasions when something or other has got messed up because of it. Thats why there are people out there who actually wait and let others update to see if there are any possible consequences before updating themselves.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

Beta Tester
11
/16

TalllPaul

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
Still need to update mine, keep forgetting
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

TalllPaul wrote:
Still need to update mine, keep forgetting

you don't need to.

 

 

If it not forced on you don't bother

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
02
/16

BlackKnightJP

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:
Still need to update mine, keep forgetting

you don't need to.

 

 

If it not forced on you don't bother


I agree. It doesn't improve anything so why bother. I would wait for an update that actually makes a positive difference of some sort.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

04
/16

simacca

  • Offline
68%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
simacca
Accepted Solution

BlackKnightJP wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:
Still need to update mine, keep forgetting

you don't need to.

 

 

If it not forced on you don't bother


I agree. It doesn't improve anything so why bother. I would wait for an update that actually makes a positive difference of some sort.



Well I disagree as I like to keep my gadgets kept up to date. Also there are some bug fixes in the update or Sony wouldn't have released it. Forced or unforced.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

02
/16

BlackKnightJP

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution

simacca wrote:

BlackKnightJP wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:
Still need to update mine, keep forgetting

you don't need to.

 

 

If it not forced on you don't bother


I agree. It doesn't improve anything so why bother. I would wait for an update that actually makes a positive difference of some sort.



Well I disagree as I like to keep my gadgets kept up to date. Also there are some bug fixes in the update or Sony wouldn't have released it. Forced or unforced.


If you want to keep your gadgets up to date and risk them being messed up by downloading non-mandatory and unneccessary updates then so be it. Care to show a link to these so called bug fixes ? As far as I'm aware the only main fix is for an obscure Japanese game. If there were bug fixes it would have been mandatory. Anyway if you want to take the risk then go ahead. It's not a neccessary update.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

04
/16

simacca

  • Offline
68%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
simacca
Accepted Solution

BlackKnightJP wrote:

simacca wrote:

BlackKnightJP wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:
Still need to update mine, keep forgetting

you don't need to.

 

 

If it not forced on you don't bother


I agree. It doesn't improve anything so why bother. I would wait for an update that actually makes a positive difference of some sort.



Well I disagree as I like to keep my gadgets kept up to date. Also there are some bug fixes in the update or Sony wouldn't have released it. Forced or unforced.


If you want to keep your gadgets up to date and risk them being messed up by downloading non-mandatory and unneccessary updates then so be it. 


Thanks, I will :)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: 1.67 firmware is out

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel