Kyote_R

80%
02 Rank
Progress

Error c2-12828-1 during play

74 Replies 11,902 Views Created 22-02-2012
22 Feb 2012
By Kyote_R

I actually got this error (c2-12828-1) while setting a new record in lumines... I was then unable to continue playing and lost my score.

errors are bad in general but in the middle of a game!? sure hope this was a 1 off anomaly. I'll upload the screen i took of it later.

Has anyone else had any ingame interruptions?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kyosuko

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Kyosuko
Accepted Solution

I'm getting this same error with Wipeout after the update (I can't even boot anymore). I think I'm going to take it back and swap it; it might be the cartrage that's at fault. 

0 Kudos

Re: Error c2-12828-1 during play

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

InQbus

57%
02 Rank
Progress
InQbus
Accepted Solution

I just got the same error in wipeout. I started recieving this error after I activated my online pass. I have been unable to start wipeout for the last half an hour. I even tried deleting the whole wipeout data, but it didnt help. 

edit: just turned off wifi, and got Wipeout working, but if I turn it on then it stops working again and I get the same error... So its fair to say that in Wipeout case its releated to online play, I am just hoping that nothing is wrong with my copy of the game!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kyote_R

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Kyote_R
Accepted Solution

I hope its a problem with the firmware rather than each indiviual game so that 1 almighty FW update will fix the problem instead of every single game having to be updated 1 by 1.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ajprice

43%
02 Rank
Progress
ajprice
Accepted Solution
I've just had the same thing with Wipeout, updated and with network pass. Works fine with wifi turned off.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Martyness

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Martyness
Accepted Solution
Hey guys I had this problem myself with wipeout but managed to fix it. Delete the game data then reinstall the game either by download or put the card back in, once it has installed open up the game once at the main menu completely close the game down and install your online pass, once the online pass has downloaded start wipeout up again till you get to the main menu, you should now see online play is selectable now, completely close the game down again and then re-open and install the v1.1 update.

Hopefully it should work for you now as that's how I got mine to work again after experiencing the same error as you guys
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ajprice

43%
02 Rank
Progress
ajprice
Accepted Solution
That's got it working, thanks Martyness

Edit. No it hasn't, just turned it on again to play and the error is back :(
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RAY_MAN1991

21%
02 Rank
Progress
RAY_MAN1991
Accepted Solution

Hey the exact same thing happened to me, i ican play it when the wifi is of then when i turn the wifi on it doesnt work again.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Shaneking123

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Shaneking123
Accepted Solution

Same here. I downloaded Wipeout 2048 with no problem. I then downloaded the update and I get "An error has occurred in the following application. (C2-12828-1). Don't these developers actually test their software??

This is BAD for the VITA release day :-(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mickydoomsux

42%
02 Rank
Progress
mickydoomsux
Accepted Solution

Yeah, i'm getting the same error as well. Tried everything and the only thing that works is playing offline.

The game locks up if you try to connect with it at all.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Spouny

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Spouny
Accepted Solution

Hi Guys,

I have exactly the same problem, but for every games/applications :

Impossible to launch Fifa (cartridge game) each time I try to play, the game is closed before the first screen with this message :

Une erreur est survenue dans l'application suivante. (C2-12828-1) EA SPORTS FIFA Football

Then I tried to play everybody's golf (cartridge game), it was ok during about 5 minutes, then the game crashed with this message :

Une erreur est survenue (C1-11843-7)

Then I tried to download a game bought on the PSN and a few demos, I got the message :

"le téléchargement à échoué" (download failed in english).

So I have downloaded games and demo from my PS3, it was OK, but when I tried to transfer the data, the application crashed with the message :

Une erreur est survenue dans l'application suivante. (C2-12828-1) Gestionnaire de contenu.

You can imagine that today I'm really not happy with my Vita :(

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

capetlevrai

22%
02 Rank
Progress
capetlevrai
Accepted Solution

Same... I download online pass and it does'nt work anymore...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
RotorHed
Accepted Solution
C2-12828 is an error with a specific app - probabaly Lumines but I suppose it could be something else running simultaneously like Near.

Anyway, have you checked whether there is an update for Lumines and installed it after download. Secondly, maybe turn off Near if you have it set to auto start.

Rotor.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
RotorHed
Accepted Solution

Spouny wrote:

Hi Guys,

Then I tried to play everybody's golf (cartridge game), it was ok during about 5 minutes, then the game crashed with this message :

Une erreur est survenue (C1-11843-7)

This error is saying the save is corrupt.

Interesting your messages are in French hmmmm?

Anyway ya - for some reason your EG save is corrupt I guess.

Rotor.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Spouny

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Spouny
Accepted Solution

Yes the messages are in French because my Vita's language is setup in French, no trouble here ;)

This Vita could be a very good gaming console if we could play with it, I bought it yesterday and I spent more time with crashed application than playing.... :(

It is impossible to launch Fifa, it crash during everybody's golf, etc...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
RotorHed
Accepted Solution
So, has anyone in this thread tried to fix the problems or just posted here and expect something to happen?

Have you
A) spoken to Sony tech support direct
B) checked for and installed game updates
C) checked for space on your memory cards
D) verified your network connections
E) looked in the error log

I don't see any evidence of any basic troubleshooting in this thread.

Rotor.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wazzamatazz

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Wazzamatazz
Accepted Solution

RotorHed wrote:
So, has anyone in this thread tried to fix the problems or just posted here and expect something to happen?

Have you
A) spoken to Sony tech support direct
B) checked for and installed game updates
C) checked for space on your memory cards
D) verified your network connections
E) looked in the error log

I don't see any evidence of any basic troubleshooting in this thread.

Rotor.

A very reasonable set of things to check.  For me, the answers are:

A) No

B) Yes - the problem only started after I applied the Wipeout update.

C) I have nothing else on my memory card except for Lumines save data (haven't bought any games from the PS Store yet, only on game cards).

D) All working fine - can happily browse the store, Facebook and Twitter.

E) Error log is empty.

Like others, I can run the game fine if I disconnect from wifi so that the game can't login to PSN.  If I pause the game and re-enable wifi and then try to launch multiplayer, I get the same error as soon as it tries to connect to PSN.  IMHO it's quite obviously something that will have to be fixed at Sony's end!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
RotorHed
Accepted Solution
I'm not so sure about the problem being at Sony's "end" - it may be that Sony have to find the fault of course, but given that this is something about interacting with the network which involves lots of different hardware and software, there could be an incompatibility at your end which Sony are as yet unaware of.

First things first though - why not talk to Sony Tech Support - they are much better positioned to solve this than anyone on this forum. If that step hasn't already been taken I can only assume you don't feel it's that big of a problem and that's probabaly how Sony feel about it too.

Ignoring that for a moment though next troubleshooting information I would get is:

a) How are you connecting to the internet with your Vita? Wifi presumably, but using a home wifi or something else?
b) Does your wifi router have fire walling or other security measures enabled
c) What NAT type is your router
d) How does your router pass out ip addresses - dynamic or static?
e) Have you tried other vita network features like Voice chat to see if they are operating normally

The problem for you (and Sony) is that out of the multiple hundred thousand Vitas all out in the wild right now, only a small percentage are exhibiting this problem if the posts in this forum are anything to go by, so the question is why you and not everybody else.

I've had my Vita for almost 2 months and done numerous online activites and never had any problem and that includes the last 48 hours since launch. So this isn't something which is affecting everyone to greater or lesser extents, it seems to only be affecting some people but when it does it is clearly a major issue.

Rotor.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wazzamatazz

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Wazzamatazz
Accepted Solution

RotorHed wrote:
I'm not so sure about the problem being at Sony's "end" - it may be that Sony have to find the fault of course, but given that this is something about interacting with the network which involves lots of different hardware and software, there could be an incompatibility at your end which Sony are as yet unaware of.
First things first though - why not talk to Sony Tech Support - they are much better positioned to solve this than anyone on this forum. If that step hasn't already been taken I can only assume you don't feel it's that big of a problem and that's probabaly how Sony feel about it too.

Ignoring that for a moment though next troubleshooting information I would get is:

a) How are you connecting to the internet with your Vita? Wifi presumably, but using a home wifi or something else?
b) Does your wifi router have fire walling or other security measures enabled
c) What NAT type is your router
d) How does your router pass out ip addresses - dynamic or static?
e) Have you tried other vita network features like Voice chat to see if they are operating normally

The problem for you (and Sony) is that out of the multiple hundred thousand Vitas all out in the wild right now, only a small percentage are exhibiting this problem if the posts in this forum are anything to go by, so the question is why you and not everybody else.

I've had my Vita for almost 2 months and done numerous online activites and never had any problem and that includes the last 48 hours since launch. So this isn't something which is affecting everyone to greater or lesser extents, it seems to only be affecting some people but when it does it is clearly a major issue.

Rotor.

Couldn't agree with you more that Sony Tech Support are best-placed to help on this.  The main reason that I felt compelled to reply was because I found this thread while searching for the error code.

Regarding your questions:

a) Wifi, both at home and at work i.e. private hotspots rather than public ones.

b) Nope.  Work router has QoS enabled for UDP packets to certain addresses though (for video conferencing/desktop sharing software).

c) Home one is type 2 (based on PS3 connection diagnostics). Don't know about the work one.

d) Both routers run a DHCP server handing out dynamic internal addresses.  Both connections have static IP's.

e) Haven't tried voice chat, but I have no problem accessing PSN features in Lumines.  Vita is at home today so I'll try that out tonight.

As I said before, I only saw the error after I installed the Wipeout update, although that's obviously just circumstantial evidence at this stage.  I haven't gone as far as uninstalling and starting again from scratch to see if the problem occurs pre-update too.

Is there a link where I can contact tech support or is it just a (presumably premium rate) phone number?  When I look at the Vita support page my only options are to look at user guides or view these forums! :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
RotorHed
Accepted Solution

Interesting so you have tried on multiple networks - I began to think people had tried one network, had it fail and then posted, but your text implies this is happening across Wifi networks so that probably eliminates incompatibility with the router (unless there's the same router at home and in work - unlikely!).

Nat type 2 should be ok - type 3 seems to potentially be an issue but not confirmed for sure on that.

I was suggesting voice chat because it would put strain on the PSN connection like playing Wipeout online would. Lumines only updates leaderboard so it's just small amounts of data.

For tech support there are a few ways of contacting Sony :

1) http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/How-to-get-Technical-Help/td-p/5388988
Post describes the process which amounts to posting initially in the tech support thread. However, if that isn't working for you you can,

2) http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/842/locale=en_GB
Contact Sony customer services - scroll to the bottom for UK info, there is a phone number for example.

My concern with leaving it in forums is that Sony will be unable to gauge the size of the problem - with logged support requests they'll see how big the issue is and capture the data to find common problems. Of course it may be they're already on it...

There is one more thing you could do which is post the Internet Connection Status page from your Vita here so I and others can compare it with ours - obviously remove things like Mac addresses, network names and any identifying data from it. It may be that there is a mismatch somewhere... You can get that data from the settings app. It might be interesting to see if that changes after you get the error too....

Rotor.

EDIT: Here's my Internet Connection Status page for example :

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wazzamatazz

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Wazzamatazz
Accepted Solution

Great, thanks for the information.  Don't have the Vita at work with me so can't post any screenshots just now but will do some more troubleshooting when I get home.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel