94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Final Fantasy VII on vita question

15 Replies 2,873 Views Created 09-07-2012

So we all know that psOne classics will be playable on vita in update 1.8 (whenever thats going to be released) but i was wondering if i would have to purchase them from the playstation store on the vita or could i use the playstation 3 store to buy them and transfer them over to my vita someway when the update is released?

I ask this because final fanytasy vii is half price until the 11th on the ps3 store and i would like to buy that deal as by the time the 1.8 update comes out the price will be back up to full price. I have read some people say that the ones that have been purchased on the ps3 cannot be transfered to the vita and you will have to buy it again and some people said it would be fine.

I thought i would ask on the official forums as you guys would probably know more.

Thanks

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

mezzor

79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mezzor
Accepted Solution
Yes as long as it's purchased, you will then be able to go into your download history on the Vita and redownload it.
0 Kudos

Re: Final Fantasy VII on vita question

/16

lowestformofwit

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lowestformofwit
Accepted Solution

Yep, that's my understanding too.  You won't need to buy the game twice, if you have it for PS3 then you will have it for Vita too.

I did exactly the same thing at the weekend, bought FFVII while it was on sale so it's ready for my Vita when they launch PSone support.  I really wanted to buy all the Final Fantasy games but as they've only confirmed support for VII right now I think I'll wait.

On a side note, I noticed you can play FFVII on the Vita using Remote Play.  Although the screen resolution seems to be stuck and is small.  Does anyone know if you can alter the resolution on the Vita of Remote play stuff?

0 Kudos

/16

lewys

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lewys
Accepted Solution

Thats great news. I shall buy it later then.

I have also noticed when watching videos on youtube that the screen size for remote play is not full screen and was wondering when it is actully playable on vita without using remote play can you play it full screen or not because its a psone game and probably has a different screen size to the vita.

Anyone know what it looks like on the ps3? full screen or not? as its not full screen when playing it from the original psone disc.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

It's not full screen it the 50hz PAL version sadley

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

CLOUD1985

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CLOUD1985
Accepted Solution

I've played it on my old psp and the screen could be adjusted to a few different settings, normal, full screen, original, etc.

Looked good on the psp screen, should hopefully look even better on vita.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

CLOUD1985 wrote:

I've played it on my old psp and the screen could be adjusted to a few different settings, normal, full screen, original, etc.

It will look a lot worse.

The lower the quality of the screen the better for PSone titles.

Lower resolutions hide the flaws in the graphics.

Thats why PS3 users need Re-encodes for HDTV use.

CRT SDTV screens are required for PSone and PS2 titles. LCD screens are just to good and show up the graphics for how bad they realy were.

Thats why the PSP was perfect. Crap tiny screen perfect simulator of the CRT resolution.

Retro gamers even keep their PS1/PS2 wired up to an OLD CRT just for this reason.  

0 Kudos

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

Fix your 3.5mm headset mic issues with a solution....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Click Here <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...
/16

SuperHak_786

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperHak_786
Accepted Solution

y dont u just download a ps1 emulator and play all the classics on your laptop or pc if u cant wait to play them on your vita? thats what i did since february when i was dissapointed when i got my vita and realized there were no psone classics. also yh i know that u would need the bios and the iso files and most emulators also need the plugins etc, but if u cant be asked to configure the plugins i would recommend the pSX emulator which just needs the bios and the iso files.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

SuperHak_786 wrote:

y dont u just download a ps1 emulator and play all the classics on your laptop or pc if u cant wait to play them on your vita? thats what i did since february when i was dissapointed when i got my vita and realized there were no psone classics. also yh i know that u would need the bios and the iso files and most emulators also need the plugins etc, but if u cant be asked to configure the plugins i would recommend the pSX emulator which just needs the bios and the iso files.

PC are no good for traveling as soon as the person in front puts the seat back you can't view the screen and if you turn to face the walk way some smeg head will only hit it walking down...  

[ Edited ]

Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...
Beta Tester
/16

jason1971

• Beta Tester
82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jason1971
Accepted Solution

GraphiteGB wrote:

CLOUD1985 wrote:

It will look a lot worse.

The lower the quality of the screen the better for PSone titles.

Lower resolutions hide the flaws in the graphics.

Thats why PS3 users need Re-encodes for HDTV use.

CRT SDTV screens are required for PSone and PS2 titles. LCD screens are just to good and show up the graphics for how bad they realy were.

Thats why the PSP was perfect. Crap tiny screen perfect simulator of the CRT resolution.

Retro gamers even keep their PS1/PS2 wired up to an OLD CRT just for this reason.  

hmmmm just tried crash bandicoot on vita and psp its better on vita
0 Kudos

/16

lowestformofwit

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lowestformofwit
Accepted Solution

Again, only going by stuff I read on the Internet around E3 but they said they were going to make the PSone games fit the vita screen (widescreen).  When questioned if this would just be 4:3 aspect ratio stretched they never got an full answer so it's all a bit of a mystery just now.

They will also be supporting the analogue stick to map the D-pad (although I very much doubt the control will be proportional like true analogue).

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

lowestformofwit wrote:

Again, only going by stuff I read on the Internet around E3 but they said they were going to make the PSone games fit the vita screen (widescreen)That is what was said but to guess that covers the NTSC version as we know most PAL version were never full screen..  When questioned if this would just be 4:3 aspect ratio stretched they never got an full answer so it's all a bit of a mystery just now.

They will also be supporting the analogue stick to map the D-pad (although I very much doubt the control will be proportional like true analogue).

The only way that would work is to replace all Psone classics with their NTSC counterparts i would have thought.

Not used to seeing you on this forum lowestformofwit, good to see you.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

PS vita resolution is 960 × 544, All PSone games will still need upscale applied even if they use US versions to even fit with out a boarder on top or bottom.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

W1SE_CAT

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
W1SE_CAT
Accepted Solution
I bought ff7 on ps3 which i no longer have and ff 8 on vita today an both say cannot download to a ps vita system despite taking my money HELP!!
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

jason1971

• Beta Tester
82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jason1971
Accepted Solution
download it onto ps3 then transfer it to vita
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

QuietlyWrong

• MVP
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

jason1971 wrote:
download it onto ps3 then transfer it to vita

W1SE_CAT says the PS3 is no longer an option...

So wait a little while. Try again tomorrow. Hopefully it will be fixed quickly - most likely some errors crept into the meta-data files that accompany the games on the store. There are about ten or so affected PSOne games, including Final Fantasies 6, 7, 8 and 9.

0 Kudos

-------
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel