88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Google chrome

26 Replies 11,197 Views Created 10-08-2012
do you think scee will release google chrome or some other useable browser to replace the vitas own !?!**?*!@ browser
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Guy3847

69%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guy3847
Accepted Solution

Of course not! If Sony wanted to bring better browsers to the psvita, they would have pre-installed them onto the handheld before release. After all, Sony wanted to showcase their technology by adding their own apps to the psvita like their own browser, but i share your view on how the vita's browser somewhat lacks "great functionality" in terms of overall performance compared to the bigger web browsers, i personally would like to see a better browser, as for one: you cant pause a game and go into the browser without shutting off the game, thats stupid, and also Sony promised full HTML5 support on the psvita's browser, which means it can play videos, and that claim was quickly proven wrong as soon as people started realising the vita's browser couldn't play videos. and that claim , if i remember rightly, is still listed under the psvita features on the playstation website!!!!! :( oh well....... we must keep our chins up and remember everything the psvita has done right, like bring some great games, a youtube app, and lots more really good games coming soon! :D

Re: Google chrome

/16

sympozium_666

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sympozium_666
Accepted Solution
Chrome would be a good addition, they must.
0 Kudos

----------------------------------
Danza, danza, Danza di fuoco e ghiaccio!

/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

first they can start give the 'youtube' app to the rest of the world that dont have it...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

/16

Guy3847

69%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guy3847
Accepted Solution

sony are unlikely to release another web browser for the psvita, their pre-installed one can't just be deleted, every psvita owner would have to send the psvita's back and have the web browser removed by sony.

HOLD THAT THOUGHT! they could release a patch or update for the psvita's browser that updates it to chrome, although i doubt it as for a big company like sony, they would look very silly having to replace their own pre-installed software with a better browser as their one is not performing, so humiliation would be a big no no for sony and they wouldn't risk it.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

i wish icould remove the browser, console browsers are crap always have been.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Guy3847

69%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guy3847
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

i would delete alot of pre-installed stuff, like near and party, as near is useless on my wi-fi vita, as my wi-fi is not registered on skyhook (don't trust them with my wireless details) and party isn't great, although i sometimes use the browser just to quickly verify small things, but i mainly use my laptop for the internet.

I do think that whole social gaming thing SONY rambled on about is a load of rubbish, apart from the decent facebook and skype, twitter apps, they have things where you can like someones PSN activity and comment, i just want to play games, not waste my time rambling on to random gamers on party or liking a psn purchase!!!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Guy3847 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

i would delete alot of pre-installed stuff, like near and party, as near is useless on my wi-fi vita, as my wi-fi is not registered on skyhook (don't trust them with my wireless details) and party isn't great, although i sometimes use the browser just to quickly verify small things, but i mainly use my laptop for the internet.

I do think that whole social gaming thing SONY rambled on about is a load of rubbish, apart from the decent facebook and skype, twitter apps, they have things where you can like someones PSN activity and comment, i just want to play games, not waste my time rambling on to random gamers on party or liking a psn purchase!!!

Same, i could not care about near or party either

Friends, messaging trophies could be put into one app

music an video could also be one app

remote play and content manager could be one app

can't even remove the welcome pack :(

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

SuperHak_786

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperHak_786
Accepted Solution

ive never used the party app on my vita, also i want to delete the welcome park as i already got most of the trophies on it and i want to free up some space on my vita. i never use the group messaging app, virtually useless.

near could be very useful for the call of duty vita multiplayer.

google chrome would be a great browser for the vita, especially because of the similar layout between google chrome on my laptop and the vitas browser (although the 'home' 'forward' and 'back' logos are on the side of the vitas browser because of the screen size and its easier to 'touch'). that google instant thing where you just type in the stuff on the top bar and it instantly searches is very useful. there should be a patch for the vitas browser and also HTML5 whatever its called.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Chrome is copyright to Google, Sony CAN NOT use it with out Googles permission.

Chrome will not be released With out Googles engineers coding it and giving it the OK. Chrome is there branded product. 

0 Kudos

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KeithStraining93
Accepted Solution

YEAH WE NEED GOOGLE CHROME FOR THE PSVITA ON THE NEXT UPDATED BAD!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

/16

Guy3847

69%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guy3847
Accepted Solution

SuperHak_786 wrote:

ive never used the party app on my vita, also i want to delete the welcome park as i already got most of the trophies on it and i want to free up some space on my vita. i never use the group messaging app, virtually useless.

google chrome would be a great browser for the vita, especially because of the similar layout between google chrome on my laptop and the vitas browser (although the 'home' 'forward' and 'back' logos are on the side of the vitas browser because of the screen size and its easier to 'touch'). that google instant thing where you just type in the stuff on the top bar and it instantly searches is very useful. there should be a patch for the vitas browser and also HTML5 whatever its called.

pre-installed apps don't take up any space as far as i am aware! might be wrong (someone verify this!) Even though the psvita has no built-in storage. but as they are pre-installed sony probably found some space on one of the vita's circuit boards to input the codes to these apps on. So if they don't take up space on memory cards then i suppose i can live with them! :D

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
94%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

They don't take up any space that you as an end user have any access to, that is true.

But one dreams of a future firmware update that would give you the choice to overwrite stuff like welcome park with tools that you do use.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Guy3847 wrote:

SuperHak_786 wrote:

pre-installed apps don't take up any space as far as i am aware! might be wrong (someone verify this!) Even though the psvita has no built-in storage. but as they are pre-installed sony probably found some space on one of the vita's circuit boards to input the codes to these apps on. So if they don't take up space on memory cards then i suppose i can live with them! :D

Like said it does not take up space you can use youur self.

But if you don't want them or use them just free up the home screen then you should be able to.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

/16

Guy3847

69%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guy3847
Accepted Solution

well, the apps i don't use don't really bother me, i will happily keep them, but if the option was there, they'd be gone! :D

0 Kudos

/16

thomascwebb

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thomascwebb
Accepted Solution

Wow... interesting thread... have any of the posters here actually thought about who would produce the Chrome version for Vita?

Chrome is a Google product! Why would Google tie up resources creating a version for a platform that arguably has a very small userbase?

It's not just the man-hours involved, but the cost of obtaining hardware, training to gain RDK knowledge and submission through Sony's application release process. I'm not sure it would be good business logic to entertain a Chrome version for Vita.

0 Kudos

/16

chr1s3415

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chr1s3415
Accepted Solution

i was under the impression that both the psp and the vitas browser were based on a much older version of the now old opera engine (it runs on the chrome engine now) and thats why theyre so crappy not because of sonys guys, back in the day opera was a heap it would load the page then load it again and again a few more times for giggles and had a really hard time in general with anything that wasnt just a page of text, maybe the mindset is sure we already have a semi working browser why bother optimizing it when therell probably better options within a few feet of the user, just throwing it out there im probably wrong, do correct me if i am.

this is gonna be slightly off topic but we all know that sending pidgeons or even using smoke signals is preferable to using the vitas browser much the same for the psp i was wondering is it the same story with the ps3/4? i dont own either

0 Kudos

/16

brianmini

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
brianmini
Accepted Solution

Wow Zombies do exisit, they resurected a long dead thread..... all the way from back in 2012.  Must have most of its flesh flayed off by now.

0 Kudos

/16

enricoolivieri

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
enricoolivieri
Accepted Solution
evvai!
0 Kudos

Rif.: Google chrome

/16

Devinwall513

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Devinwall513
Accepted Solution
:(
0 Kudos

/16

hadawking05

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hadawking05
Accepted Solution
It's very dissapointing that they some how managed to put chrome on PSP but they didn't have the guts to allow PsVita to use chrome but hopefully Google will buy sony.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel