By NEO-BAHAMUT-

NEO-BAHAMUT-

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

How long till PS1 games become available?

15 Replies 907 Views Created 05-04-2012

I think we have all waited long enough. Come on Sony. How long do you want us to wait for something that is so important to alot of us.

This should have been sorted out for launch.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Mathew9R

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mathew9R
Accepted Solution
I think that something will happen by July time, better it be half of the year then at the end/Q3.

That is unless hackers make one that works which then sony can grab and edit it. (But thats very unlikely)
0 Kudos

Re: How long till PS1 games become available?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Should we all suffer on this planet we call earth? - Unknown

Lets all take a page out of jak and daxters book, learn to be close and learn to stand up for who we are!

/16

Carmanen

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Carmanen
Accepted Solution

Sony has already said that they are working on it and that it is a one of the top priorities to Sony. They know PSone classics are a milking cow and they don't want to put that cow down:smileyhappy: Vita owners will get their hands on PSone classics but it will take time and i think summer/fall is a good guess.

0 Kudos

/16

milkster1001

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
milkster1001
Accepted Solution

If it was one of Sony's top priorities, I'd have thought it would of been done by now, I mean, they've released the 1.66 system update, why couldn't they include PS1 support in that? I think Summer/Fall is to late, personally.

There aren't many Vita games out at the moment either, so playing PS1 titles would be brilliant. Considering the hype over the Vita, I thought PS1 support would of been enabled on launch, and if so, the game sales on the PS Store would have increased pretty rapidly I reckon.

0 Kudos

/16

morpheus2n2

79%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
morpheus2n2
Accepted Solution

I think one of the other problems with getting psone on vita is memory cards as at the mo they are far to expensive and I will put money on the fact that anyone with PS+ as a mountin of psone games so space is a big problem aswell as getting the emulation working.

But hay it could be far worse they could have said NO backwards compatability at all!! Just keep that in mind :)

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

QuietlyWrong

• MVP
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

NEO-BAHAMUT- wrote:

I think we have all waited long enough.

No, I'm good. I could stand to wait longer. :Thumbs:

More seriously, I think it's clear that SCE are working on a brand new Vita-native emulator. Emulating console hardware is a notoriously tricky thing to do - if you want 99% of games to work correctly.

If you're happy to accept that the only games that work will be the ones that limited themselves to the standard libraries and didn't try any sneaky tricks to squeeze extra horsepower from the architecture then yeah, I imagine Sony could give you an emulator quicker. But then you wouldn't be able to play most of the best games on the system. :|

0 Kudos

-------
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

NEO-BAHAMUT- wrote:

I think we have all waited long enough. Come on Sony. How long do you want us to wait for something that is so important to alot of us.

So just over a month you have been waiting you make it sound like the vita has been out for months or years.

personally i'd rather ps2 games on vita than ps1 most ps1 games the controls & graphic are hidieous some you can get away with them lookng bad but others why bother.

0 Kudos

/16

milkster1001

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
milkster1001
Accepted Solution

Muttykins wrote:

NEO-BAHAMUT- wrote:

So just over a month you have been waiting you make it sound like the vita has been out for months or years.

personally i'd rather ps2 games on vita than ps1 most ps1 games the controls & graphic are hidieous some you can get away with them lookng bad but others why bother.

I agree with you buddy, I'd rather have PS2 support than PS1, I hope they enable PS2 games to be played in the future, they'd be brilliant on the Vita. I'd still love to have PS1 support though, don't get me wrong, I'm sure they'll sort something out before next year.

PS2 support would be greatly appreciated though! :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

/16

comicdude0208

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
comicdude0208
Accepted Solution
milkster1001 there are a few remastered editions of popular ps2 games coming out soon. one of the games included, that im really pumped about, is final fantasy X.
0 Kudos

/16

Shepherd121

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shepherd121
Accepted Solution

I read that some PS2 games will be remade for PS3 and Vita including FFX. I would think others will too become compatible. I just want to get the PSX games working on the Vita right now (I have a LOT of PSX games from the PSN and really look forward to it). I do a lot of travelling.

0 Kudos

/16

AlexAtkinUK

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

Personally, I think it will be more relevant if PS4 will support Remote Play.

With the launch of a new console, Sony could make it easier or even mandatory to support Remote Play if they wanted.

I was always skeptical that Remote Play would go anywhere, because it involves stealing some CPU (or SPE) power away from the games in order to encode and stream the video.  I'm impressed it was possible at all, but not at all surprised that hardly anyone has included it - most likely due to it being too hard to do all that without game breaking lag.

0 Kudos

/16

Scarzy

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Scarzy
Accepted Solution

Yeah id like to see more ps2 games on vita too, i cant wait for final fantasy and persona .

0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution
PS2 support isn't going to happen. Sony have already stated they don't plan on making PS2 games compatible with the Vita. I suspect it wouldn't just be straight emulation but they would need to rework the code which in their mind isn't worth it. I think PS1, PSP and Minis is all they will support. Even PS3 remote play is very unlikely to happen except for maybe a handful of games.
0 Kudos

/16

webbistard

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
webbistard
Accepted Solution

BlackKnightJP wrote:
PS2 support isn't going to happen. Sony have already stated they don't plan on making PS2 games compatible with the Vita. I suspect it wouldn't just be straight emulation but they would need to rework the code which in their mind isn't worth it. I think PS1, PSP and Minis is all they will support. Even PS3 remote play is very unlikely to happen except for maybe a handful of games.

I think that we'll see more and more new games arriving on the ps3 that has Remote Play support.

It's probably due to licensing etc as hackers has shown that it is possible to play Remote Play on old games.

0 Kudos

/16

NEO-BAHAMUT-

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NEO-BAHAMUT-
Accepted Solution

I also think that because the Vita isn't going to support PS2 games that developers will release PS2 titles that have been re-made such as FFX and MGS HD etc. I think they will release Ps2 games but with the HD on the end.

0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution

webbistard wrote:

BlackKnightJP wrote:

I think that we'll see more and more new games arriving on the ps3 that has Remote Play support.

It's probably due to licensing etc as hackers has shown that it is possible to play Remote Play on old games.

I don't think we will. The reason I say that is its not because of licensing but because each individual game has to be updated. Remote play was introduced with the PSP but why do you think since then only a small number of PSN games and even fewer retail PS3 games have been enabled. It's because most developers don't want to go to the trouble of doing so. Sony has never promised remote play compatibility with PS3 games despite what other people may think. Just because they showed Killzone 3 being demoed in this way doesn't confirm or even imply anything. Personally I rather Sony spend their resources making the Vita OS and feature set more solid then waste time on things like PS3 remote play and direct compatibility of PS1 games. It baffles me why so many people think they are entitled to such features and Sony are obliged to provide them. PS3 remote play doesn't even work well. Not to mention the games would have to be modified for the Vita's control options.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel