02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

I feel let down...

[ Edited ]
34 Replies 565 Views edited 06-06-2012

I've been a massive fan of the Playstation ever since it came to the table in 1994 I believe it was. Since then i've bought hundreds of games, accessories, downloadable content, consoles etc etc etc and supported Sony in EVERY way possible. I even go to the extreme of having every type of Gadget in my house such as TV's etc made by Sony as I know they mean business!

Anyway as of late I am feeling pretty let down regarding the Vita. I bought my Vita on release day paying just over £300. £300 I shouldn't have really parted with but because im stupid I go and buy it knowing full well that it will be a while till it will properly take off but also knowing I have several games such as Uncharted that I can play to death.

Anyway I finished all the games I bought and then decided to look at what I can get next.... Theres not much. I looked at the choices and decided that I wasn't to go and spend money for the sake of it on a game that I probably wouldn't enjoy. There is only Uncharted that I was actually interested in at launch anyway. I would wait untill a game comes out that im after.

I tell you what I could re-play my Final Fantasy games that I've bought off the store... oh wait... Still no support. I thought we could be excited about E3 this year knowing that A beautiful new handheld has just been released and there would be MASSIVE plans for it regarding games etc. It seems to me they have actually cracked the security as no one seems to have hacked the PS3 / PSVita since last year and I thought this would actually attract more and more developers to create more games and bring the best titles to the Vita.

Still E3 was very disappointing even though they brought this console out. I thought they would have announced PS1 support but that seems to be taking even more time than it actually should. I thought they would have also shown the plans for the Vita and how good it is actually going to be!

Alright I know that some people may say we need to be patient etc and I really do agree with them. No one should expect miracles over night with something like this etc. However you would have thought they would keep us alot more updated as to what is actually going down with the Vita - What stages there at with certain things. What can we expect etc to keep us holding on to the Vita. I don't know how many of you actually are like me but i've picked my Vita up for the first time today in 4 weeks and turned it on. Yes it still performs beautifully and works fast and looks like i've just been and bought it... However whats the point of having a gadget like this when there isn't actually anything else going on other than looking at it? I think it kind of defeats the object for me at the moment. Was the Vita brought out perhaps too early as all the games seem that people are after don't seem to be coming out until next year or the year after.

I can understand why alot of people are selling it as they are falling out with it quickly. Come on Sony do something that little bit more special for us.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Btommo

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Btommo
Accepted Solution
You say PSone support wasn't announced but this year it was announced that its coming this summer with a firmware update which is just around the corner.
With gravity rush next week I'm sure a lot of people will want to pick up their vitas for that but I get what you're saying,
It seems that E3 seemed to lack vita announcements but TGS is sooner and sony japan are going to do another game announcement this month.
0 Kudos

Re: I feel let down...

/16

existenz1

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
existenz1
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

existenz1 wrote:

see this thread moaning minnie

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS-Vita-General-Discussion/Vita-Videos-from-E3-Show-Floor/m-p...

Still a poor E3 presentation People have not bothered looking or following things up due to Sony poor presentation. It's alright posting those links but at the presentation the Vita was just about ignored

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

AlexAtkinUK

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

I somewhat agree, except they DID announce PSone support at E3 but were not at all clear about if it will just few a few games at a time or fully supported in the next firmware update.

Like you said, my objection is the fact they are not keeping us informed.  They were supposed to be adding more PSP games, adding PSone support, etc.  But they have only just bothered to mention PSone support and nothing new about more PSP games becoming compatible.

I expected some concrete dates for new Vita games (at LEAST Little Big Planet) and mention of a firmware update that added the missing PSP/PSone compatibility.  Its like they didn't even bother as 99% of the press conference was just showing us things we already knew about. 

I always remember E3 as the event where they reveal new, innovative, never before announced/seen games.  Yet all three companies were a huge letdown, for me Sony being the worst as I expected them to really focus on their brand-new handheld console but it was almost an afterthought.

0 Kudos

/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution

So, OP buys a Vita and one game (Uncharted) and then complains there are no games to buy?

Um, there aren't going to be games if no one buys them. 

Look at Ninty - they have a new console due this year and could only announce 2 first party games for it (a Wii upscaled game and a 2D platformer) and a small amount of 3rd party stuff which is notably missing EA and Acti.

Meanwhile, Sony launched a handheld this year with 40 games to date, some of their biggst IPs and another 20 or so to come this year including EA (Fifa/Madden), Ubi (Assassins Creed) and Acti (lol CoD).

Really, while it might not be what one wants, one also has to realise we're in the midst of a deep recession and all the companies are hurting. There simply isn't the money to throw around and take chances - 3rd parties will stick to what sells and Sony has, in that context done a good job of getting stuff ported and developed for a platform which has a small install base.

Sony is performing far better than the other options available in this space in terms of delivering new content both for PS3 and Vita.

If that's not good enough, try a different brand.

Rotor.

/16

Btommo

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Btommo
Accepted Solution

You have to admit there was a lack of ps vita stuff shown though, even Sony's Shuhei Yoshida admitted it which is shown in many articles.

Also OP stated he had several games he has played to death.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Ps1 support due this month according to E3

All consoles lack games after launch always have done

Yes I expected more from E3 but still games would still be a while a way anyway.

No console has had so much to offer 4 month in as the Vita has now.

Some nice news has come out of E3 but not from Sony.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Btommo

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Btommo
Accepted Solution
the news, vita wise, at e3 that i've heard is a confirmed release date for Soul Sacrifice as well as information about jet set radio, sly, playstation allstars, AC3:liberation, persona 4 golden trailer, sound shapes, using vita as a ps3 controller, psone classics, hulu and crackle. Has anyone heard anything else?
0 Kudos

/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution

Btommo wrote:

You have to admit there was a lack of ps vita stuff shown though, even Sony's Shuhei Yoshida admitted it which is shown in many articles.

Also OP stated he had several games he has played to death.

Actually I disagree. The main presser is what it is, but Sony has a lot of games on display on the show floor.

I don't want to get into a list war, you can youtube them for yourself if you like but here are a few examples :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IjUXbNNAuU&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kcmZWlP4xM&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESSdFxtb3JQ&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiqmHb84k4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyVsL-Gir_w&feature=relmfu

Oh and a snippet of PS one stuff too - doesn't interest me but some people are looking for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jV1A1V0eg8

Also, if you read the OPs post, they only talk about Uncharted - I can find no reference to any other game.

If one's gaming preference is limited to uncharted style TPS's then the choice is going to be limited thankfully -  I like uncharted but I don't want more than one a year.

Rotor.

0 Kudos

/16

Btommo

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Btommo
Accepted Solution

QUOTE from OP: Anyway as of late I am feeling pretty let down regarding the Vita. I bought my Vita on release day paying just over £300. £300 I shouldn't have really parted with but because im stupid I go and buy it knowing full well that it will be a while till it will properly take off but also knowing I have several games such as Uncharted that I can play to death.

(sorry dont know how to quote properly lol)

thanks for the list i'll check them out and dont worry no list war, i was actually straight out asking for a list as i have no idea what on the show floor.

0 Kudos

/16

FBZ1501

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FBZ1501
Accepted Solution
Great press conference Sony…
Love how you cleverly and intentionally omitted to talk about your latest console……
it’s called a Vita incase you’d forgot.

Where were the Vita’s….
Game announcements and trailers???
PS Plus Vita services ????
Cloud game saves for Vita???
PSone compatibility ??? (they were vague about it and just stated summer)
and
PSV to PS3 features like Remote play, improved syncing between the two

Shuhei Yoshida is even quoted on TSA as saying…
“I’m getting lots of tweets from people saying, ‘where are PS Vita games?’” said Yoshida about the conference. That was, in retrospect, our fault – not looking at every angle when we designed the programme for the show.”
“We could have spent more time – probably we should – showing off those games coming out this year,” he admitted.

Sony you really have no idea sometimes!!

Ironically I love my Vita and have plenty of games on the go... it's just the principle of Sony dropping the ball again and not pushing the Vita at all!
The amount of people posting they are selling their Vita is crazy for a handheld with such potential!
0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

FBZ1501 wrote:
Great press conference Sony…
Love how you cleverly and intentionally omitted to talk about your latest console……
it’s called a Vita incase you’d forgot.

Where were the Vita’s….
Game announcements and trailers???Agree
PS Plus Vita services ????Agree
Cloud game saves for Vita???For PS+
PSone compatibility ??? (they were vague about it and just stated summer)Due this month aprrently is what was said at E3
and
PSV to PS3 features like Remote play, improved syncing between the twoFull remote play never going to happen sony has said as much :( But yes Syncing needs to be sorted out 6 months after the Jap release the Ps3 and Vita can't seem to get certain things right :(

Shuhei Yoshida is even quoted on TSA as saying…
“I’m getting lots of tweets from people saying, ‘where are PS Vita games?’” said Yoshida about the conference. That was, in retrospect, our fault – not looking at every angle when we designed the programme for the show.”
“We could have spent more time – probably we should – showing off those games coming out this year,” he admitted.

Sony you really have no idea sometimes!!

Ironically I love my Vita and have plenty of games on the go... it's just the principle of Sony dropping the ball again and not pushing the Vita at all!
The amount of people posting they are selling their Vita is crazy for a handheld with such potential!

Sony has said very little indeed, it 3rd partys that have been showing more :(

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

/16

jeremyrigby

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jeremyrigby
Accepted Solution

I'm downloading some of my old psp games to vita and the graphics are horrible because they are not original size...I would love to know how to ask Sony to include an update so that these games are played original size:)

0 Kudos

/16

AlexAtkinUK

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

jeremyrigby wrote:

I'm downloading some of my old psp games to vita and the graphics are horrible because they are not original size...I would love to know how to ask Sony to include an update so that these games are played original size:)

Depends what you mean by original size as the Vita screen is EXACTLY 4x the pixels of the PSP screen, so games play identical to how they did on the PSP.  Basically every 4 Vita pixels represent 1x PSP pixel.

The reason they might feel slightly more pixelated is because the OLED screen is much sharper than the crappy PSP LCD was and also physically bigger.  But to display them smaller would distort the image as it wouldn't be 1:1 pixel mapping.

Personally when comparing my PSP and Vita running the same game, they look equally pixelated to me.  Or did you have the PSPgo?  That might explain why it was small enough to not look pixelated.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

TheTenth

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheTenth
Accepted Solution

I downloaded Monster Hunter 2 and it works, but it's not in the PS Vita list, I bought it from my PSP and downloaded from my PS Vita download menu, I'm sure there are lots of PS1 games that work that way

0 Kudos

/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x-_vodka_paul_-x
Accepted Solution

come on i love the vita and the games are a blast

try and get unit 13 and beat your friends within the score frame or join others and beat theres

try asphalt injection if your into car games with upto 8 players via wifi or local lan

try resistance burning skies if you like the multiplayer similar to the consoles version

try everybodys golf if your into your golf and compete in online tournements and become the best there is

anyways its you own fault you bought it at launch as you should of waited a few months as there going cheaper than anything now 

0 Kudos

/16

Void-Keeper

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Void-Keeper
Accepted Solution
@Rotorhead

Sorry, but I'm not going to buy games I don't want to buy to support a console =/ if Sony wants the Vita to live, they need to inject some money of their own to get titles that I like going, before I even buy 1 game. There's probably... 1 Vita game I want that's been released and 2 that haven't...
0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Void-Keeper wrote:
@Rotorhead

Sorry, but I'm not going to buy games I don't want to buy to support a console =/ if Sony wants the Vita to live, they need to inject some money of their own to get titles that I like going, before I even buy 1 game. There's probably... 1 Vita game I want that's been released and 2 that haven't...

Simple don't support the Vita then as it has little to nothing you want.

Sony have invested money into it but as JUST LIKE ANY CONSOLE it takes time to establish itself.

Wait for the games to come nothing wrong in that if your not happy with what it has now.

When I got my Vita I knew I liked some of the games and I would have to wait for others just like when I got every console I have bought.

Nothing wrong with waiting but the people expecting everything from the start for a console  have delusions like many on here seem to think. as that never happens.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution

Void-Keeper wrote:
@Rotorhead

You're not the OP are you?

Buy whatever game you like dude. My point was the OP said he likes Uncharted, and then complains there's only one game he likes - surprise, there's only one uncharted style game, the other 30-odd games cover different tastes. That's a good thing.

If your taste in games is limited to one genre, you are going to have a problem as a single console owner, and particularly so on a newly released console. I'd recommend you buy multiple consoles or broaden your repertoire to different syles of gameplay.

Vita's won't disappear next week or month or year - just buy one when you care about some games it has.

Rotor.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

RotorHed wrote:

Void-Keeper wrote:
@Rotorhead

You're not the OP are you?

Buy whatever game you like dude. My point was the OP said he likes Uncharted, and then complains there's only one game he likes - surprise, there's only one uncharted style game, the other 30-odd games cover different tastes. That's a good thing.

If your taste in games is limited to one genre, you are going to have a problem as a single console owner, and particularly so on a newly released console. I'd recommend you buy multiple consoles or broaden your repertoire to different syles of gameplay.

Vita's won't disappear next week or month or year - just buy one when you care about some games it has.

Rotor.

WHich I am happy about not a Uncharted Fan :D

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel