padavid10

75%
02 Rank
Progress

Is the Vita too late to save?

43 Replies 752 Views Created 07-06-2012
07 Jun 2012
By padavid10

Hello, as a happy Vita owner just wrote a little about it on my blog ... http://second-gen-gamer.blogspot.co.uk/ - Give us a read.

Would be great if you guys could have a read and see what you think.  No profit, completely amateur.

Thanks in advance, feel free to comment etc...

0 Kudos
LABELS:
My blog including a little write up about the Vita here -

http://​second-gen-gamer.blogspot.co.uk​ - Give us a read. Thanks
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DrChronis

80%
02 Rank
Progress
DrChronis
Accepted Solution
unfortunately Sony herself put a nail on the Vita coffin, what a treatment Vita got in exposition, i was always patient and ready to dismiss doomsayers and i wastaken aback by the roothless and brute massacre of the Vita support.
Sony sends such a clear and undeniable message, i find no words anymore, dam the naysayers have won...
0 Kudos

Re: Is the Vita too late to save?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

padavid10

75%
02 Rank
Progress
padavid10
Accepted Solution
I love my Vita but can't help but feel you may be right. Can it be saved though?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

henchosbandito

51%
02 Rank
Progress
henchosbandito
Accepted Solution

just left yous a (lengthy) comment :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

89%
06 Rank
Progress
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution

dont think many gamers are interested in it, its way over priced and why would i want to play on a small screen, you cant even stay connected to the net while playing some games, its not going to be a huge success especially in this financial climate, poorly implemented like the move, all hype little to back it up

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

padavid10

75%
02 Rank
Progress
padavid10
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the comment.  Just replied.  Enjoyed the length.  (that sounds a lot more wrong than it was meant to but was too funny for me to delete.)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

oLEATHERFACEx

74%
03 Rank
Progress
oLEATHERFACEx
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution
The 1st thing Sony got wrong was leaving out internal memory even 2gig whilst not a lot would still have been better than nothing.The second mistake was the addition of Vita only memory cards which according to Sony are top notch memory cards which they certainly are not as in reality if these cards are higher than class 2 /3 I would be amazed.3Rd mistake whilst there was a fantastic launch line up there has been nothing sense.Can it recover ? Assassins creed on the Vita looks great and I'm looking forward to COD but as we still have not seen any gameplay for cod I'm not holding my breath.And another mistake their making is putting all their efforts into ps1/PSP /ps2 games for the ps vita new adopters want new content not content re done put in the oven and simpl ported to yet another Sony device and then even if You already own that title you have to pay again to put it on a vita unless of course you have already downloaded it from the store in digital form.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XJohnny25X

80%
02 Rank
Progress
XJohnny25X
Accepted Solution

OMG!! Are you serious!

Its only been on the market for 4 months. They announced a Call of Duty and Assassins Creed and 60 Vita games by the end of this fiscal year and you are assuming the vita is dead or dieing.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

XJohnny25X wrote:

OMG!! Are you serious!

Its only been on the market for 4 months. They announced a Call of Duty and Assassins Creed and 60 Vita games by the end of this fiscal year and you are assuming the vita is dead or dieing.

Out of that 60 Vita games how much do you bet that 90% of these will be minis/psp ports/ps1/ps2 ports.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

padavid10

75%
02 Rank
Progress
padavid10
Accepted Solution
I agree, as I wrote earlier, most of the games coming seem to be HD remakes or PSN games. There is very little in the way of high-quality AAA exclusives due for the title beyond COD and Assassin's Creed.

I hope that it's not done already but feel Sony has to act now to save it. Taking the decision to leave Vita out of the Sony conference in favour of 10 minutes of Wonderbook seemed like a negative move for me.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
95%
13 Rank
Progress
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

OMG! I've just looked at the forthcoming games for the PS3 and most of them are sequels and remakes as well! What is Sony doing?!?

OMG! Microsoft and Nintendo are doing the same! What the hell's going on?!!?

Oh no, wait a moment... :|

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

QuietlyWrong wrote:

OMG! I've just looked at the forthcoming games for the PS3 and most of them are sequels and remakes as well! What is Sony doing?!?

There's a big difference between sequels and ports of games from 3gens ago.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

padavid10

75%
02 Rank
Progress
padavid10
Accepted Solution

QuietlyWrong wrote:

In fairness, the 360 and PS3 are both consoles approaching the end of their life cycle and both have new additions in big franchises (Halo 4, Splinter Cell, COD, Bioshock) as well as a number of eagerly anticipated new IPs (Watch Dogs, Beyond, The Last of Us, Dust 514).

Vita has two additions to big franchises to look forward to... what else?

I hope that Vita comes good, it's a great console.  I'm just concerned that without intervention it could be overlooked by the hardcore gamer market that it's looking for.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
95%
13 Rank
Progress
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

I think it's easier for a system to support new IP towards the end of its lifecycle, when the number of active users is at its peak - hence less risky to introduce something totally new. When the user base is fairly small, publishers are less likely to take chances on new IP.

That said, it's probably time for someone to post a list that starts with the likes of Gravity Rush and Sound Shapes, passes through Soul Sacrifice and Smart As and ends over in the PS3&Vita new IP like Snapshot and Battle Royale.

Or do new IPs not count if they don't involve shooting people? :P

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

padavid10

75%
02 Rank
Progress
padavid10
Accepted Solution
If you read my blog you'll realised how misplaced the comment about shooting people really is and how positive I am about Gravity Rush and the Vita in general.

However, as good as Sound Shapes looks of the other games you mention Soul Sacrifice is very far off (no release date announced for the west) with very few details available and Smart As is a Brain Training game about 6 years after the original of this ilk.

My biggest concern, that sadly isn't addressed, is where are the system sellers? Gran Turismo? God of War? Grand Theft Auto? Final Fantasy? The Vita is a core gaming console that doesn't seem to have enough core games lined up. Without system selling games from Sony then nothing will drive other developers to make games for it.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/05/04/miyamoto-vita-wont-succeed-without-a-stronger-games-lineu... Miyamoto makes a good point and I haven't played a big Nintendo console since the N64. As the article says though, "Let’s hope Sony is preparing to wow its audience with a slew of exciting new Vita titles"
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
95%
13 Rank
Progress
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

padavid10 wrote:
If you read my blog you'll realised how misplaced the comment about shooting people really is and how positive I am about Gravity Rush and the Vita in general.

Touché! :) No, I haven't read your blog. I hardly have time to keep up with this forum as it is.

However my point wasn't exclusively directed at you and these were just examples off the top of my head for forthcoming new IP. Yes, some of it is way into the future, but Sony's marketing strategy is a multiple-year strategy too, as they've clearly stated.

My biggest concern, that sadly isn't addressed, is where are the system sellers? Gran Turismo? God of War? Grand Theft Auto? Final Fantasy?

I guess we've moved away from the new-IP thing at this point? ;)

Each consumer has his or her own preferences for game genres. One man's FF is another one's boredom. (Not mine... I'll be buying FFX HD when it eventually hits the Vita.) Likewise the other games you mention.

I think the system could seriously do with a couple more FPSs (even though I personally loathe the genre) and some serious racing pedigree. One assumes that Polyphony Digital is working on something in secret. It would be mad of Sony not to have them doing so. (Ooh, and NfS:MW on the Vita. I would love to see that! Oh no, wait... 'We’re out in October on PS3, 360 and PC, and you can also play on Vita and iOS' what does that mean?)

LittleBigPlanet Vita deserves to be big. I mean, really big. It looks like LBP2 on PS3, only with more features, and should be entirely capable of replicating, for free, a thousand addictive little phone games as well as grandiose platforming adventures. I just hope Sony realises (in both senses of the word) its potential.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

padavid10

75%
02 Rank
Progress
padavid10
Accepted Solution
I guess we've moved away from the new-IP thing at this point?

Hell, I'd love some new IPs and, as I say, can't wait for Gravity Rush next week.  I just want anything that sells the system though and when internal studios like Naughty Dog turn around and say they don't intend to develop for the Vita then it's a bit of a worry. 

As you say, I assume that Polyphony Digital is working on something but would be sensible to confirm this from Sony's point of view.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
frodouk
Accepted Solution
I tried to find the biggest facepalm picture ever, but failed - just like this thread.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

The game are coming.

Sony spent to much time on the blunder book for PS3 when it would have been better suited for the Vita.

Yes they have basicly ignored the VIta but the 3rd partys have been showing a nice set of game.

ports

unique titles

upgrades

It not all as dire as we thought but I did expect more from Sony at E3 with showings due to it being their latest flag ship.

But third partys did Sony's Job for them.

Selling my Vita? No some nice games coming.

But Sony get your act togther The Vita should have had more time!

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

I'm gonna wait until Christmas before I decided weather or not to sell the Vita. Still quiet a few game events coming up over the next few months, so plenty of time to show of future titles.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel