Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 128

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

29 Apr 2012
By baz178

baz178

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Lack of games

45 Replies 1,124 Views Created 29-04-2012
I love my vita but the lack off games is making me thinking of selling it on eBay. But on the other hand I am really look forward to burning skies. Anybody feel same way ?
Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
08
/16

McNeilio

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
no

would u like a mass stock of new games to start and then nothing coming for months ??


give it a chance , E3 is soon so expect some new games
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games


Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

baz178 wrote:
I love my vita but the lack off games is making me thinking of selling it on eBay. But on the other hand I am really look forward to burning skies. Anybody feel same way ?

Lack of games?

 

Do you know how long it was before the PS2 had the amount of games the Vita has? over 6 months

Do you know how long it was before the PS3 had the amount of games the Vita has? over 5 months

 

We are only just over 2 months with the Vita and it has more than 30 games.

 

I sugest you should have researched new consoles and new games before you bought it.

Re: Lack of games

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
02
/16

Stew2000

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Stew2000
Accepted Solution
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games

02
/16

kivi95

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kivi95
Accepted Solution
It takes abit time. Just look at 3DS. It didn't get games until after like 9months.

BTW what games do you have right now?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games

02
/16

baz178

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
baz178
Accepted Solution
FIFA Uncharted Tennis Unit 13 there the only games that Appel to me so far
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games

03
/16

andie2247

  • Offline
94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
andie2247
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

baz178 wrote:
I love my vita but the lack off games is making me thinking of selling it on eBay. But on the other hand I am really look forward to burning skies. Anybody feel same way ?

Lack of games?

 

Do you know how long it was before the PS2 had the amount of games the Vita has? over 6 months

Do you know how long it was before the PS3 had the amount of games the Vita has? over 5 months

 

We are only just over 2 months with the Vita and it has more than 30 games.

 

I sugest you should have researched new consoles and new games before you bought it.


 

 

crusty why dont you change the record. yep ive had ,mega drive , super nintendo, game gear, ps1,ps2,ps3 xbox, xbox 360, n64, wii, oh and dream cast and now ps vita since launch, yes we know theres usually a drought after launch, but the vita has had no big games launched in uk since launch, and there are games developers already putting the vita on the back burner, we still have'nt even had an official lauch of netflix for the vita in the uk. and before you try to flame me again. ive brought alot of the first wave of games for the vita

 

games i own

uncharted golden abyss

wipeout 2048

pure chess

little deviants

f1

plants vs zombies

mutant blobs

motorstorm rc

ridge racer 

hustle kings

top darts

super star dust

micheal jackson hd

Re: Lack of games

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
09
/16

Cringles88

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

It will be a while for the catalogue to build up. I waited 1 year before getting a 360, 2 years before getting a PS3.  The Vita is the only system I've bought day 1. Currently I'm playing a lot of PSP games I missed out on. But there seems to be plenty of good games coming.

 

Even the 3DS. Right now, is a good time to have a 3DS. But not until Zelda was it really worth picking up at all.

 

 I do wish/hope developers take more notice of the Vita. Have any of the bigger studios shown interest yet? Or are any of them in the process of making games?  Maybe the Vita sales aren't attracting the big players :(

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games

[ Edited ]
04
/16

DiffoTheDragon

  • Offline
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DiffoTheDragon
Accepted Solution
andie2247 wrote:

 

but the vita has had no big games launched in uk since launch, and there are games developers already putting the vita on the back burner, we still have'nt even had an official lauch of netflix for the vita in the uk.

 

Ok your points are way off. The PS Vita has tons of massive games, Uncharted (huge Sony exclusive title), FIFA (huge sports game), Rayman Origins (the best platformer out there at the moment), Plants Vs Zombies (worldwide known on many different platforms) and Unit 13 (a very decent game from the deceased Zipper Interactive, makers of Socom). Not only that, Call of Duty, Bioshock, Street Fighter x Tekken, Mortal Kombat (comes out early May), Assassians Creed, Killzone, MGS HD Collection, Resistance, Sillent Hill and Zone of the Enders have all been annouced for the Vita, so I guess the Devs aren't really on the back burner. Netflix is just an app, relax, it will be here soon but for the time being please use your PC/Mac/Laptop, PS3 or iPod/iPad to watch it (tbh Netflix needs updating here in Ireland and the UK anyway).

Re: Lack of games

Photobucket
05
/16

AlexAtkinUK

  • Offline
86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

I think one of the issues here is that it WAS announced that in fact Bioshock IS on the back burner.

 

I think that would always have been the case even if the Vita had suddenly become this massive sell out, they are concentrating on Bioshock Infinite which was always going to be a bigger seller because its for all the current systems which have a massive user base.

 

So do not read too much into the announcement that Bioshock Vita is on the back burner, it was to be expected.  I think some people had the unrealistic expectation that it would actually come out this year, I do not think that was ever planned but they kept quiet on that in order to not put off people buying Vita.

Re: Lack of games

02
/16

Stew2000

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Stew2000
Accepted Solution
I have Bioshock and never got into it. only played it for like an hour and got bored.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games

Beta Tester
05
/16

pressmyfoot

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pressmyfoot
Accepted Solution
my goodness.

some people are so impatient.

Just get Disgaea. a million hours right there.

Re: Lack of games

 photo pmfbik-2.png
02
/16

Grim_Tim_

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Grim_Tim_
Accepted Solution

I am expecting Resistance to be an awesome FPS story and i REALLY hope the online is good enough for those folk that devour that style of play.
Sony have a lot riding on this device so it makes sense that their flagship titles should be AAA.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games

02
/16

Grim_Tim_

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Grim_Tim_
Accepted Solution

So, played and finished Resistance, not quite AAA, more AA and late PS2/early PS3. Story average and online okay (i do suck at online) but finshed, plat and sold.

 

Not the worst game ive played by a long shot.

 

A decent first stab at the twin sticks shooter on the handheld and something for all other devs to beat.

 

I think it bodes well for the future of the device with COD coming up.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games

MVP
13
/16

QuietlyWrong

  • MVP
  • Offline
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

OK, before this thread gets bogged down in disagreement borne from minute examination of the purely subjective, let's have a bit of perspective.

 

At launch, there were thirty titles available:

 

A-men
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
EA Sports FIFA Football
Escape Plan
Everybody’s Golf
F1 2011
Hustle Kings
Little Deviants
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Michael Jackson The Experience HD
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
MotorStorm RC
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Plants vs Zombies
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Ridge Racer
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Super Stardust Delta
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Top Darts
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
WipEout 2048

 

This on top of Welcome Park and the three free AR games that were provided.

 

 

Since launch - a period of slightly less than 10 weeks - the following titles have been added:

 

Ben 10 Galactic Racing

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

Pure Chess

StarDrone Extreme

Treasures of Montezuma Blitz

Unit 13

 

So that's seven new titles in nine weeks. Somewhat better than a release 'every other week'.

 

 

Now people may want to argue that there aren't so many wholly original titles (welcome to the world of video-gaming, bud) or there may be some disagreement about what classes as an 'AAA' title or a 'big' title (handheld consoles have always lacked the big hitters that the home consoles get, or, if lucky, have got ports of triple-A goodness).

 

But if you want to argue that there's a lack of games, you need to be a little clearer what you mean by that, 'cos I count 37, right there. Which is pretty good for a console not ten weeks old.

Re: Lack of games

-------
Beta Tester
08
/16

McNeilio

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution

QuietlyWrong wrote:

OK, before this thread gets bogged down in disagreement borne from minute examination of the purely subjective, let's have a bit of perspective.

 

At launch, there were thirty titles available:

 

A-men
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
EA Sports FIFA Football
Escape Plan
Everybody’s Golf
F1 2011
Hustle Kings
Little Deviants
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Michael Jackson The Experience HD
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
MotorStorm RC
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Plants vs Zombies
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Ridge Racer
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Super Stardust Delta
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Top Darts
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
WipEout 2048

 

This on top of Welcome Park and the three free AR games that were provided.

 

 

Since launch - a period of slightly less than 10 weeks - the following titles have been added:

 

Ben 10 Galactic Racing

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

Pure Chess

StarDrone Extreme

Treasures of Montezuma Blitz

Unit 13

 

So that's seven new titles in nine weeks. Somewhat better than a release 'every other week'.

 

 

Now people may want to argue that there aren't so many wholly original titles (welcome to the world of video-gaming, bud) or there may be some disagreement about what classes as an 'AAA' title or a 'big' title (handheld consoles have always lacked the big hitters that the home consoles get, or, if lucky, have got ports of triple-A goodness).

 

But if you want to argue that there's a lack of games, you need to be a little clearer what you mean by that, 'cos I count 37, right there. Which is pretty good for a console not ten weeks old.



 

spot on QW

 

post of the year winner right there :Thumbs:

Re: Lack of games


Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
02
/16

eldforeld

  • Offline
27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
eldforeld
Accepted Solution

There are lotf of game but not motor games. Like God of war, Starwars, Skyrim, Hawx not best games of ps 3. There are lots of game but not the bests. Maybe you could release Diablo 3 or anther version of Diablo. I can just play Call of duty and Most wanted. Assains Creed is movie ***** not game. And I still have not sold my PS VITA. I have still hope for this sheet.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games

08
/16

frodouk

  • Offline
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
frodouk
Accepted Solution
What?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games


10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

andie2247 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

baz178 wrote:
I love my vita but the lack off games is making me thinking of selling it on eBay. But on the other hand I am really look forward to burning skies. Anybody feel same way ?

Lack of games?

 

Do you know how long it was before the PS2 had the amount of games the Vita has? over 6 months

Do you know how long it was before the PS3 had the amount of games the Vita has? over 5 months

 

We are only just over 2 months with the Vita and it has more than 30 games.

 

I sugest you should have researched new consoles and new games before you bought it.


 

 

crusty why dont you change the record. yep ive had ,mega drive , super nintendo, game gear, ps1,ps2,ps3 xbox, xbox 360, n64, wii, oh and dream cast and now ps vita since launch, yes we know theres usually a drought after launch, but the vita has had no big games launched in uk since launch, and there are games developers already putting the vita on the back burner, we still have'nt even had an official lauch of netflix for the vita in the uk. and before you try to flame me again. ive brought alot of the first wave of games for the vita

 

games i own

uncharted golden abyss

wipeout 2048

pure chess

little deviants

f1

plants vs zombies

mutant blobs

motorstorm rc

ridge racer 

hustle kings

top darts

super star dust

micheal jackson hd


Flaming you?

 

I am not flaming anyone.

 

Just stating facts.

 

Which developers have put games on the back burner? please enlighten us!

 

Netflix have not submited the app to SCEE and is not a game!

 

The fact you own more games on the Vita after two months than all the other consoles took well over 5 months to apear proves my point!

 

 

Edit

 

Bio-shock is on the back burner due to infinate taking longer that is all. Once infinate is done they will move back to it.  It's to do with not having enough people to work on both and that is all.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
02
/16

Tiranosorosrex

  • Offline
65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tiranosorosrex
Accepted Solution

The VITA was released this year, so you don't expect games to be in abundance. The Game Creators need time to make the games that will suit the VITA users. There will be more games for the VITA in 2013

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games

Beta Tester
05
/16

Tom_York

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tom_York
Accepted Solution

Tiranosorosrex wrote:

The VITA was released this year, so you don't expect games to be in abundance. The Game Creators need time to make the games that will suit the VITA users. There will be more games for the VITA in 2013


 

Playstation move is still a joke when it comes to games so I wouldn't hold your breath with the Vita games.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Lack of games

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel