68%
02 Rank
Progress

My opinion on the Vita after the E3

[ Edited ]
56 Replies 1,202 Views edited 05-06-2012
05 Jun 2012
By InF3cTeD_Lug1a

I am not satisfied with the Vita, at all.

First of all, I love how they give everything to NA when we payed 50€ more than them for the Vita, and pay alot more probably for the PS3 and other products.

The first thing they announce is NA will get 12 free games with PS+

And they pooped on EU.

They announce Youtube for Vita, but not saying many EU countries are not going to get it... okay

They announce AC III: Liberation. Might be good, but youre saying you want to make a new game, or youre saying you cant port AC3 to the PSV because there is not enough memory to do so?

No gameplay footage? Only a trailer?

Bundled with a 4GB card? Really? Lol, they seemed to learn on putting a memory card inside, and it will probably release at 250/270$.

Battle Stars Royale for the PSV? Sure thats nice, but I want exclusives

LBP2 integration with the PSV? Thats also nice, but how about showing us gameplay of the LBP for the PSV? You guys forgetting something?

Playstation mobile.... ummm... I thought the Vita was more important right now.

COD: Black ops declassified annouced. Thats great, but no release date? No gameplay? What makes you guys think I will wait another year for a decent FPS on a handheld?

Wheres the so awesome Killzone for the PSV? Are you going to release it as late as GT did for the PSP?

The only thing I could enjoy for my PSV was the PS1 classics.

Conclusion: I am this close to sell my Vita. I expected E3 to show some PSV games, but all I saw was 3 games for it, and 1 was not an exclusive. They focus on PS3 and Playstation mobile, but wheres my PSV stuff?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AlexAtkinUK

87%
05 Rank
Progress
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

I have to agree that I expected a lot more announcements, although nieve perhaps as I have always been disappointed with Sonys press conferences every since they showed The Getaway on PS3 looking awesome, then canned it.

Pretty much everything announced we already knew were coming, both Vita and PS3 games.  So we are getting a few more cross play titles, good, but do we have to buy both copies?

It also wasn't at all clear how many PSone classic were coming.  They made it sound like only two initially, which is a huge disappointment when people have been expecting to be able to play their PSP back catalog for months now.

I have always tried to remain positive about Vita, I still won't be selling it, but at this rate I will only be getting Little Big Planet and Gravity Rush this year - then will be left with a huge void.

0 Kudos

Re: My opinion on the Vita after the E3

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

InF3cTeD_Lug1a

68%
02 Rank
Progress
InF3cTeD_Lug1a
Accepted Solution

I was going to get both of those too. But I will resist to that and sell it. Sony had a chance to make me more confident, but we didnt see anything.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AlexAtkinUK

87%
05 Rank
Progress
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

The problem is developers have to take a huge gamble to make a PS Vita game because the market is tiny compared to the PS3/Xbox market.  Its a lose lose situation as without games the console won't sell and if it doesn't sell it will never be a decent sized market. 

Nintendo had the same problem with the 3DS until big games like Mario Kart came out and sold enough consoles to show developers/publishers that there is money to be made.  Although this is also why I would expect Sony to be showing some love for backwards compatibility as that helps to sell consoles on the condition you can use your existing games library until the real killer titles come out, while benefitting from the few games that ARE out and the improved hardware. 

If I were Sony I would be working damn hard to get all digital PSN games that the PSPgo was compatible with to work on the Vita for that very reason.  I know first hand that DS games propped up the 3DS in its early months,  I myself was just using it to play Pokemon with a better picture than my old DS Phat until Mario Kart came out. 

I am seriously let down by the fact I can't play the Burnout PSP games on my Vita because juggling two different portable consoles is no fun and I had serious ergonomic issues with the PSP that prevented me from playing those games properly.  I understand there being issues preventing some games working at first, but months have passed and no news on this being fixed, really not impressed.

Like I said, I'm not going to spit my dummy out and sell my Vita, its still good for what it does.  But Nintendo set the expectation that a portable console remains compatible with the games of the previous generation and Sony dropped the ball on getting all PSP/PSone games working - after promising they would.  The LEAST they could do is keep us informed about the progress, it concerns me that they might have just given up on making any more PSP games compatible as we are far past the point of "more soon" and even THAT was only mentioned in the US blog not the EU one.

Telling us we will be able to play two PSone classics soon is hardly the most promising news either.  With all the that has passed and the lack of news, I expected them to have the PSone emulator working for a lot more than two games by now.  But perhaps they just explained badly and it will work with most of them?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AlexAtkinUK

87%
05 Rank
Progress
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

I see the US even had their second batch of PSP games added and a list of "coming soon":

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/15/more-psp-titles-and-minis-coming-to-ps-vita-starting-today...

Then again I believe more PSP titles work in the US than the EU to begin with.

I always figured people were exaggerating when they said the EU is treated like crap by Sony but its looking more and more to be an accurate conclusion to me.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

pressmyfoot

• Beta Tester
91%
05 Rank
Progress
pressmyfoot
Accepted Solution
Yeah, sell it. How dare they not give you exactly what you want? how dare they try to consider the broad range of tastes that gamers have around the world? how dare they release a console without all your needs catered for?

The meanies.

pmf (first world problems)

photo pmfbik-2.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Minezumi

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Minezumi
Accepted Solution

Worst E3 ever! I wanted soo much more for the Vita but Sony blew it big time.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

McDaymo

87%
04 Rank
Progress
McDaymo
Accepted Solution

Stunning vita line up..... glad I have one now, although not a fan of Lbp or assasins creed !  I expect Black ops will never see the light of day given Sonys record at this event......... always the Last of us to look forward to on ps3  though....

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Last_Ninja

84%
02 Rank
Progress
The_Last_Ninja
Accepted Solution

Same thing here i didn't find any thing good for PSVITA owner @E3 2012.

AC3: Girly mode is a no go for me.

And PS1 on PSVita will be great in the US, but in Europe we are still going to have this insane 50hz mode, hasardous translation for non english PSN.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

It was pretty poor Vita wise. Too much time wasted showing Book of spells & talking about mobile phones.

I was expecting lots of Vita stuff, but maybe thats what TGS is for? I'm not sure.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

I'm selling my Vita and buying a hampster , fatten him up and have him for christmas.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Chris89pl

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Chris89pl
Accepted Solution
I spent for PS Vita over 450 euro and I am playing psp games because Vita lacks of software. I am feeling cheated because of the screen with some defects and lacks of new games. I've just wasted my time of watching sony conference. I should have bought nintendo 3ds, even though it has only 1 circle pad.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

Jack Tretton did say 60 new titles this year for Vita. I just wish he listed them all. E3 isn't over, so I'm still hopeful of new games being mention over the next few days.

They could only fit so much into 1 hour, I just wish less of it was spent with Book of Spells & more with Vita. I think the Sony booth would have quiet a few new Vita titles on the floor. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Royston99
Accepted Solution
I have to admit, it is looking more and more like the PSP situation - all the potential to be the best handheld console of its generation, but lack of titles kills it. I still love my Vita, got Resistance last week, will get Gravity Rush next week, but as for whats on the horizon, only 4 titles really seem to have any real potential - Assassins Creed 3 Liberation (Love the franchise, so i will definately buy this), LittleBigPlanet (i like LBP, but not too sure if will get this), Call of Duty Black Ops (never played a COD, but i know it has a large fanbase, which should shift some systems) and PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale (or whatever the proper title is). But, no release dates means potentially these 4 games in a 12month period. Though, in all honesty, im expecting Assassins Creed and COD to be released as the main console counterparts in the October-ish
0 Kudos

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

Royston99 wrote:
 Though, in all honesty, im expecting Assassins Creed and COD to be released as the main console counterparts in the October-ish

Yeah the guy did say ''this holiday''...So I hope he means Christmas  :D

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Spirit0fLight

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Spirit0fLight
Accepted Solution
Nearly every game that has been shown at E3 has been given a date in Feb/March 2013.

What happened to this year developers? lol
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

joff81

84%
02 Rank
Progress
joff81
Accepted Solution
I have to admit I was dissapointed with Sony's e3 announcements but especially with the Vita. No confirmed date for LBP, nothing really new to get excited about and and stupid rumble Allstars game that is nothing more than a port to cash in. There was very little there to show Sony have learnt for the disaster that the psp was.

Saying all this Microsoft was no better with their e3 announcements.

Where is all the games for this year most of everything showed all has a 2013 date so it's going to be a slow year for us all who game.
It's a shame it's looking like the vita is going to a lot like the psp in terms of support and it may be better to get rid of the paperweight while it's worth something rather than later on when it's worthless.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ian111199

84%
05 Rank
Progress
ian111199
Accepted Solution
Im actually happy with the outcome.

Games i will be getting
Assassin Creed
Light Big Planet
Playstation All star Battle Royale
Sly 4

I only have a limited money.
I see more details coming out this week. They only had a 1 hour and half, and they focus on new tech such as the book, because it would be hard to explain later.

There were not enough release dates though
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nasomi

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Nasomi
Accepted Solution
Keep in mind E3 is not over yet. That was just the intro, there's still 3 more days of "oh hey look at this" to go. So you have to wait until friday to start screaming that sony sucks. It's to early.

Also, eu vita has quite a few psp games that na vita does not, including modnation racers and psp gran trurismo.
0 Kudos

20gb PS3 *|*|* 80gb PS3
2x PSP-Go
PS Vita - 8gb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Oo_3luegroove_oO
Accepted Solution

yeah but how many of these 60 games are recycled games i.e HD , or PS1 or PSP "Classics"?? Unconvinced... Why waste so much time on Harry Potter stuff and as someone said, why go for Smart phone market when they can't even get Remote Play on their dedicated hand held.... Sony has lost the plot and are screwing loyal fans!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Btommo

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Btommo
Accepted Solution
quite a lot are recycled i think, Jack Tretton seemed to not want to mention any other game on the game trailer spike tv interview apart from playstation all stars and psone classics. I really hope they have something up their sleeves.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel